PDA

View Full Version : washing

4real
01-02-2005, 01:21 AM
I have to wash my hair every week because I am very active and sweat easily. And I want to ensure that my hair is clean. Today I washed (usually wash twice) and after the second was I still had some build up. I am trying to figure out what else can I do?

4real
01-02-2005, 01:24 AM
to clarify what I mean by buildup I mean dirt sweat etc not product build up.

W8N2XHL
01-02-2005, 01:46 AM
What is it that is causing the buildup? Is it conditioner or the shampoo itself? Here are some tips (though some may be a little unconventional).

ACV rinse. Many use a rinse of Apple Cider Vinegar and water as a final rinse after shampooing. Look on the homemade recipe forum for the right recipe.

Dawn dish detergent. Yep, the stuff you wash dishes with. It cuts grease, soooo. I use this as my first and second wash with water as hot as I can stand it. I follow with a final shampoo of TresSEMMEE Deep Cleansing Vitamin C shampoo.

Goo Gone. I was like :shocker: when I saw this, but then it made total sense. I do not do this but will consider if I think I have buildup that would require this treatment. What you do is saturate the loc with the stuff and then wash THOROUGHLY. I read that your locs will be very dry, so you will have to put the moisture back in.

I would not do the Goo Gone method on a regular basis due to the drying affect.

Good luck.

edi2463
01-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Sweat isnt something that builds up on the body...If you still have dirt after you wash, you are using something that is causing the dirt to cling, or your shampoo/method or washing may need to be more thorough. Try a good clarifying shampoo(i use suave)...acv rinse will help too.

4real
01-02-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by W8N2XL@Jan 1 2005, 08:46 PM
What is it that is causing the buildup? Is it conditioner or the shampoo itself? Here are some tips (though some may be a little unconventional).

ACV rinse. Many use a rinse of Apple Cider Vinegar and water as a final rinse after shampooing. Look on the homemade recipe forum for the right recipe.

Dawn dish detergent. Yep, the stuff you wash dishes with. It cuts grease, soooo. I use this as my first and second wash with water as hot as I can stand it. I follow with a final shampoo of TresSEMMEE Deep Cleansing Vitamin C shampoo.

Goo Gone. I was like :shocker: when I saw this, but then it made total sense. I do not do this but will consider if I think I have buildup that would require this treatment. What you do is saturate the loc with the stuff and then wash THOROUGHLY. I read that your locs will be very dry, so you will have to put the moisture back in.

I would not do the Goo Gone method on a regular basis due to the drying affect.

Good luck.

thanks for the help!

Natural Kinks
01-03-2005, 03:20 AM
Rinsing after each workout will also help dramatically.

Mskey001
01-04-2005, 06:34 AM
I normally use Dr Bonners soap to shampoo and squeeze, squeeze, squeeze my locs..

ThisIsKia
01-04-2005, 06:54 AM
Try watering down your shampoo to make it thinner/watery before applying it to the scalp; this makes rinsing easier.

Wash the actual locks themselves using a "milking motion" if your locks can withstand it.

Make sure you rinse thoroughly.

solsista
01-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Mskey001@Jan 4 2005, 01:34 AM
I normally use Dr Bonners soap to shampoo and squeeze, squeeze, squeeze my locs..

ita. my locs love it.

peace