PDA

View Full Version : Financial Planning/Budgeting Software

xotikloks
01-02-2005, 02:34 AM
Happy 2005 to everyone!

As many of you are doing, I'm trying to get my money straight in 2005 and I need some help.

Can anyone recommend financial planning or budgeting software? I'm looking for something that will help me budget and remind me when bills are due.

Or has anyone developed a spreadsheet they wouldn't mind sharing?

Thanks gang!

reggie
01-02-2005, 05:19 AM
I use Quicken and find it very helpful. It's easy to use. I set it up to handle all of my personal finances. It's linked directly to my checking account so I can update the info whenever I want. It's much easier than balancing my checkbook the old way. ^_^

SouthernShorty
01-02-2005, 02:13 PM
I used Microsoft Money a few/several years ago and it was okay.

mslady
01-02-2005, 07:54 PM
I was just in Best Buy yesterday looking for some software. The name of the one I saw slipped my mind but the cost for it was $80. I really want one but I didn't think that it would cost so much. Is that the going price? Should I bite the bullet and just pick it up.

Knsoroma
01-04-2005, 01:56 PM
I am doing the budget thing this year too and I just got a CD from freebudgetkit.com. I heard about it on blackamericaweb.com. Here is the link to the article http://www.blackamericaweb.com/site.aspx/f...ce/budgets10305 (http://www.blackamericaweb.com/site.aspx/finance/budgets10305)

Good Luck

Jazitones
01-04-2005, 06:09 PM
I don't use a budget software. By me being a financial person for the government. I have what you call a "spend plan" (like the article stated) I usually forecast my bills 3 to 5 months ahead with 20% increase which helps me to budget and save at the same time. For example if my electric bill is $80 I just forecast $100 it could come higher or lower either way I would have make up the difference anything lower I would just had to my savings. I do save about 25% salary biweekly also. I usually come out pretty good with the saving part. Hope this helps. BTW I do use Microsoft to help with my overall spending habits monthly.