PDA

View Full Version : Tips for growing hair anyone?/good products?

JamaicanDiva
01-03-2005, 01:30 AM
hey, i'm new here! :)
I am in the process of growing my relaxed hair out, cuz i hate how damaged it got after my friend relaxed it, ugh! But, i am half carribean (jamaican & trinidadian) and half white, so since my mom is white she doesnt really know what to do w/ my hair and doesnt understand really how i can need all these different products (no offense mom!) When i was younger she braided my hair, but now that i am older (16) i have done my own hair for several years because i got tired of the braids. It has only been relaxed about 3 times (2 x w/ a no lye kids one, and the last x w/ one that had lye: :( ) and so i really want it to grow out. It was very damaged, but it is getting better, but i want to know if there are any ways to get it to grow quicker, and because i really want long hair! I know there is not much you can do to get your hair to grow longer, and since my mom has short thin hair, my hair has never been super long, but it was much longer before i relaxed it. Are there any tips besides braiding? cuz at the moment i dont know anyone who could braid it, i'm kinda tight on cash, and my scalp is really weird and dry, so i wanna fix that before i expose it w/ braids! i think my hair is like a 3a/3b kinda like alicia keys, but more kinky. It is VERY thick, and about shoulder length, but i really want it to grow past my shoulders, but i'm not sure what to do, if there is anything. I am currently using Pantene pro-v relaxed and natural, and this Silk elements stuff, and i wanted to try John frieda's brilliant brunette stuff bcuz i have heard of several nappy people who have had good results w/ it, and i have heard that Creme of Nature is good too, but as you can tell i'm very inexperienced in this field!

I'm sorry this post was so long, and thanks for reading, i would appreciate any help, because since i am half white i have been surrounded by people w/ white hair my whole life who have no clue about anything about our hair, so i dont know much, and usually just stick my hair up in a ponytail because i have no one to help me figure out what to do w/ my hair! I have decided i will stick w/ natural, altho it can be hard, bcuz all my dads sisters have relaxed their hair to the max (its really thin and nasty in my opinion, no offense!) and they constantly try to get me an my sis (my sis has this awesome afro!) to ruin our hair w/ chemicals, but we wont give in!

well thanks for any feedback/ input, cuz i reallyreally want to have healthy natural hair.

Niya
01-03-2005, 01:47 AM
eat right, exercise. hair grows about 1/2 inch per month. you can't really rush it.
drink more water to help that dry scalp

if you don't want to 'expose' your scalp, try braiding it or 2 strand twisting it while wet. when dry, take them down for a curly, wavy, crinkly look.

Jasminne
01-18-2005, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by 1ntellect@Jan 2 2005, 08:47 PM
eat right, exercise. hair grows about 1/2 inch per month. you can't really rush it.
drink more water to help that dry scalp

if you don't want to 'expose' your scalp, try braiding it or 2 strand twisting it while wet. when dry, take them down for a curly, wavy, crinkly look.

surge lotion motion #9! i got it yesterday and i can already see the restults