PDA

View Full Version : Elasta QP Mango Butter Pommade @ Walmart

Jewells
01-31-2003, 05:13 PM
Yep, it's at my Walmart for $3.63.

tracyannette
01-31-2003, 09:29 PM
Ya know this is great, because usually I would go to those asian owned hair shops, and they actually charge more than this for the mango butter. Also target sells the jar of ORS hair mayo for 6.99, instead of the usual 9.99 it sells for everywhere else.

:) Tracy

sugarNfeist
02-17-2003, 08:31 AM
I saw the ors hair mayo at walmart for even cheaper. I want to try some elasta products. soon as i get money the glaze and the mango butter are next on my list

Shay_MSU
02-17-2003, 02:36 PM
I wasnt very impressed with the elasta QP mango butter pomade. It didnt provide that much moisture for my hair, in fact my hair was dry. I dont think I'll be buying it again. I may take the advice to use it as a body butter and see how that works

MzDacia
02-17-2003, 06:03 PM
I love this stuff!! Thanks to Jewells!!! I paid $4.99 at Infinity Hair Store here. I hope they have it at my Walmart!

sugarNfeist
02-17-2003, 07:04 PM
for those that like elasta qp mango butter is there any hair product you would compare it to? for those that don't like it did you find a product similar that works better? By the way I think it can also be bought at walgreens for $4.99. Which is still not as cheap as it is at walmart. For those interested in the ingredients, go to"

www.walgreens.com and do a search for "elasta qp". Oh and one other question, has anyone used the glaze? How good is it. give me some feed back

sjdancer
02-17-2003, 08:54 PM
has anyone used the glaze? How good is it. give me some feed back

I used the glaze when I had a 1-2 inch TWA and I really liked it. It provided me with some sheen and a bit of moisture too. Now that my hair has grown some (4-6in), it no longer works for me. I never (and still don't) understood why a product would no longer work as the hair grew, but I found it to be true. Go figure :?:

sjdancer
02-17-2003, 08:56 PM
for those that like elasta qp mango butter is there any hair product you would compare it to?

Good :?: I would like to know too.

MzDacia
02-18-2003, 04:56 PM
has anyone used the glaze? How good is it. give me some feed back

I used the glaze when I had a 1-2 inch TWA and I really liked it. It provided me with some sheen and a bit of moisture too. Now that my hair has grown some (4-6in), it no longer works for me. I never (and still don't) understood why a product would no longer work as the hair grew, but I found it to be true. Go figure :?:

I used the glaze as well. It was okay. It does give give the hair some shine. Although I won't be buying anymore because it is not my favorite.

I also use "Like Silk gel" I like that stuff becasue it does not make my hair hard but still gives my hair a good hold.

Try "Intense" Fortifying hair conditioner. This is some good stuff. My hair was very soft after using it.

Also try "DPR-11." I use this as my deep conditioner. I have used it twice and I love it.

nappynic
02-19-2003, 01:04 AM
I have been looking for the Mango butter...Walmart, huh?

I use to SWEAR by the Glaze (for twists, coils, slicking back puffs). I still like it, but I have started using Aura Pomade in it's place cuz it's almost EXACTLY the same, except the Aura has no mineral oil in it...BUT THEY BOTH GIVE ME A GREASY FORHEAD!

nn

sugarNfeist
03-01-2003, 07:26 AM
Ok here's my first verdict. I bought the elasta qp mango butter moisturizer and gave it a try today...its ok but I would not pay $6 for it, I got it at walmart for $3.63. It works bout same as my oil moisturizer lotion did, but I prefer the elasta qp only because its not runny and wont melt all over my scalp or run down my face a greasy mess if i decide to spritz my hair with water during the day. Decent sheen/shine and hair softness. This didn't make my hair feel dry or hardish the way the olive creme did which makes no sense cause i think it is actually lighter in texture. Perhaps the olive creme was too heavy for my hair, or maybe I am too heavy handed with products, probably both. :? This product has no glycerin in it so I prpbably end up using it with a glycerin product or my glycerin spritz to retain the moisture all day. I could see myself using this on my twists, but if they ever stop selling it at walmart and I have to buy it for $6, I wouldn't buy it. This is my first verdict, if it changes I'll let you know.

Oh yeah and btw the product has a custard like texture it's a bit lighter than the olive creme, looks very much like sherbet, smells like some type of organic baby food (well it does to me). The more you smell it the more you want to smell it, which sounds crazy but its true, the smell is addictive. At first I was like it smells okay its not all that, but now I am opening it up just to smell it.

Oh and one other thing I mentioned I can be a bit heavy handed with products, which is probably why lotions, gels and creams work better on my hair. :roll: Anyways, I didn't experience any crunchiness or build up with this product thus far so it passes my user friendly test. :wink: I'm on a low oil routine which works great for my hair, so the light oilyness of this product is just enough for me. I am wondering though, for those who disliked the no oil routine, would this product do anything for them.

winnie
03-03-2003, 10:22 AM
Elasta QP Mango Butter is the holy grail of moisturizers for me. I'm absolutely 100% pleased with it. I use it for roller setting, twists, general moisturizer, etc. It leaves my hair soft without a greazy residue. I usually apply some to my ends at night and tuck them under. I also buy it at wal-mart. I actually would pay $6.00 for it b/c it works. I only use the glaze for when I'm putting up damp hair and I really want a smooth look. My girl swears buy it for twists though.

MzDacia
03-06-2003, 03:34 PM
They don't have it at my Walmart. :cry:

ajargon
03-06-2003, 05:30 PM
:cry: What state are ya'll in? I have never seen that @ wal-mart and I love that store! I use that in making my own hair pomade, and I am like all out of it!Let me know!PM me or something!

MzDacia
03-06-2003, 05:45 PM
:cry: What state are ya'll in? I have never seen that @ wal-mart and I love that store! I use that in making my own hair pomade, and I am like all out of it!Let me know!PM me or something!

I know. Me either. I am in Ohio

twistednubian
03-06-2003, 05:47 PM
I'm in NC. I was shocked to see it.

krazeenapps
03-06-2003, 06:35 PM
i keep looking for it everywhere and I can't find it. I've looked in all the beauty supply stores around me, but they sell everything BUT. I'll make a trip down to my Walmart, but I doubt they'll have it.

sugarNfeist
03-07-2003, 04:12 AM
I'm in Southeast Virginia, pretty close to NC so this maybe its just this area. Here walmart sells it for around $3.75.

Update: I don't think I will be purchasing this product again. I think my oil moisturizers were more moisturizing than this product. I tried it on my twists but it wasn't heavy enough on my hair. I will use it as a body butter and on my hair for those days when I need a light oil touch. Otherwise I don't know what to do with it. Those who love the elasta qp mango butter what are you using it with?

chaka
03-07-2003, 04:34 AM
i wear my hair in fro almost every day and it gives me enought moisture to keep my hair from being hard by the end of the day....after i rinse in the mornings i rub it thru...let air dry as i get ready for work and on my way out the door i pick out my hair....it works well for me

winnie
03-07-2003, 08:40 AM
I'm in Southeast Virginia, pretty close to NC so this maybe its just this area. Here walmart sells it for around $3.75.

Update: I don't think I will be purchasing this product again. I think my oil moisturizers were more moisturizing than this product. I tried it on my twists but it wasn't heavy enough on my hair. I will use it as a body butter and on my hair for those days when I need a light oil touch. Otherwise I don't know what to do with it. Those who love the elasta qp mango butter what are you using it with?

I apply it after a leave-in conditioner on wet hair. Between shampoos I apply it nightly to my ends. I sleep in plaits so I think this helps too. It really keeps my hair moisturized all day and gives me a nice sheen. How are you applying it? I section my hair and apply it from root to end, slightly pulling the hair outward.

ajargon
03-15-2003, 05:12 PM
:( unfortunately, here in OH, wal-mart( in my area) doesn't carry that stuff. I live in the burbs,but travel to the city daily to work, and the only place that I can find it is at Randall Park, but that place is way out. Oh well.

Sekhmet
07-19-2003, 06:08 PM
bump