PDA

View Full Version : Homemade, Natural Skin Care

EarthTones
07-02-2003, 01:32 PM
Hello All!

I am making the transition into 100% natural, homemade facial skin care and need recipes for combination/normal to oily skin. I have been using Clinique for years and love the results for my skin, but as I become more ingredient conscious and pay more attention to what I put in and on my body, I know I can get the same results with a natural, homemade regimen.

I have been reading and searching the net and have found some interesting recipes/info,and have made some notes from this board as well...but I prefer to get the info from people who are actually using the recipes...and I trust y'all with all my might, so...

can y'all help a sistah out and drop some recipes here? :D Cleansers, masks, exfoliants, moisturizers....I am looking to eventually make my entire regimen myself and need your help!

Thanks ;)

honeychild
07-02-2003, 02:32 PM
oooh earthtones... i was JUST thinking to start a thread on homemade skincare but you beat me to it ;) i gave myself a whole homemade facial last night and my skin is glowing.

i opened pores w/a hot cloth, then used my 'swamp thing' facial scrub on wet hands & face. (copied & pasted recipe below from the exfoliants thread on this board) ... and then massaged with my blemish butter. i can only do this routine at night before bed b/c the blemish butter is cocoa/shea butter based and a little heavy for summer daytime wear. my skin's dry in winter & that's when i made it... but in the summer it's more moist and i have to use lighter daytime moisture like aloe vera gel and jojoba and occasionally avocado oil.

'swamp thing' exfoliating honey scrub
i had this mixture as a dry scrub mix for a while, mixing it with various liquids in my hands depending on what i wanted to do with it (honey to moisturize, water to just scrub, castille soap to deep-cleanse, etc.) ...but then i got adventerous and decided to mix it all in there together. so now it contains:

medium-grain oatmeal powder
ground almonds
ground lavender flowers
liquid black soap (lumps of soap dissolved in warm water)
lavender essential oil
honey powder
milk powder
a big dollop of liquid honey
and baking soda!!

i am ecstatic with this recipe, but i put it together so gradually over time i am probably forgetting things, and doubt i'll ever be able to duplicate it. that's fine, i guess... i don't think i could sell it since it looks like something out of swamp thing! LOL!

blemish butter skin conditioning moisture cream
unrefined shea butter
cocoa butter
jojoba oil
vit. E oil
tea tree oil
lavender essential oil

...i've been using this for about 4 months, and it has already almost entirely faded the dark marks left by me refusing to stop picking at my bumps. :thumbsup:

i also do a witch-hazel toner/light moisturizer
aloe vera gel
jojoba oil
witch hazel
tate's the natural miracle conditioner (this is a natural plant & fruit-based moisturizer/conditioner that i get in healthfood stores. i love it. it's like 20 bucks for 20 oz, but if you're used to buying clinique - rather than noxema, like me ;) - that won't seem expensive at all ;) )

i'm considering frothing these last two recipes into one, to make a lighter shea/cocoa cream for summertime use... but for now it works to use the light one as a daytime moisturizer and the heavier one as a night treatment or spot treatment.

jazzypom
07-02-2003, 04:18 PM
for toner, i just use rosewater as a toner (cheap as chips and just as good as the more expensive ones).

for a facial cleanser (great for shifting makeup) i use sunflower oil (with a ratio of 1:10) avocado oil in the evenings - then wash. I'm definately thinking about adding neroli and rose essential oils for their skin rejuvinating properties.

i'm thinking of making a pomade with the sunflower oil/avocado oil by adding beeswax, orchid extract, honey and a wee bit of cocoa butter - for a cleansing pomade which will easier for me to take for trips.

the moisturizer? hmmmm.... i'm still working on that - i want to be able to get the 'slip' and the 'texture' that store bought creams have.

will check this thread eagerly...

sexykei
07-02-2003, 05:40 PM
I am loving all this natural ingredient stuff. I am rubbing honey all over my body before I take a shower.....somebody please tell me if Im wasting the stuff!!! I have for years tried to find the right stuff for my skin....U name it I have bought it. I made a honey oat (quaker cinamon spice instant oatmeal :lol:) scrub last week which felt very good, but I dont think I did it right cuz I had to be using draino afterwards!!!!

My facial routine.....
Twice a week I use an apricot scrub I got a whole foods...Cant remember the name.

Daily I use a CQ10 facial cleansing milk I also get a whole foods. Its great.
I follow up with some witchhazel toner, then 2 drops of jojoba. I use to use the clinique dramatically different lotion. I guess I dont really need a moisturizer after about 2 months of using pure jojoba my skin is not dry at all. I just happened to have these little samples.... so bye bye clinique....

Oh...If I have blemishes, I dab a little tea tree oil on it and its gone quicker than it would with any over-the-counter pharmacy stuff, even differin.

nubian indigo
07-02-2003, 07:38 PM
http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com

They have this 200 PAGE... B) download (.pdf) chock full of All Natural recipes for the hair, skin, all that...

check it out...share results... :D

nubian

triciegirl
07-03-2003, 12:27 AM
I have simular aspirations, here is a website that I came across that has natural recipies for all tolietries. http://www.luxurylane.com/thelibrary/index.htm
If you try any recipies let me know how they came out.

EarthTones
07-03-2003, 03:20 AM
Thanks ladies....I got my pad out, taking notes, okay?

I just received an order from FNWL yesterday and I already have a new running list...thank goodness it's payweek! ;)

Keep em coming sistahs...

jazzypom
07-03-2003, 02:47 PM
you can use clay and buttermilk mixed together as a mud mask - i think china clay is good for combo skin.

tapioca makes a nice skin mask as well - the protien gives your skin a boost.

strawberries and yoghurt make a nice edible mask - good for combo oily skin, with a pinch of brewer's yeast to help spots out.

chocolategurl17
07-03-2003, 03:21 PM
I've heard some great recipes here, and I would LOVE to try them but not sure if they would help to break out my already oily acne prone skin. :(

Are there any natural facials done especially for acne prone skin? I would love to hear them. Thanks BTW. I'm on a sort of mission to help clear my skin by not only using topical prods. but drinkin 6+ glasses of water a day (trust me it is much more than I'm used to, and I will try to make it to 8) along with eating better/ not drinking sodas and french fries. I am also going to take vitamin e, a and c and calcium to hopefully get a more glowing complexion and clearer skin tone.

Also are there any to help fade dark spots?

Thanks lots

soulJam
07-03-2003, 04:31 PM
I know it's not particularly for your face but i wanted to share my opinion on a recipe i've used from LuxuryLane..

I tried the body jelly and it's great but if your looking for more moisture and less wax, I believe you need to add a little more oil to the recipe. The one i did make.. I ended up using as a pomade on my hair and used lavender oil as my fragrance/additive. As a pomade it was great. But since it was so thick it was also great on feet.. For my body I think i'll need a lighter ratio or perhaps a lighter oil... :)

my 2 cents.

Barbie
07-03-2003, 04:47 PM
GREAT THREAD/TOPIC!!! :thumbsup:

I don't have anything to add except I used olive oil for a moisturizer last night and am very pleased with the results this morning; my pimples are healing and my face has a nice glow.

Eventually I would love to have an all natural skin care regimen.

chocolategurl17
07-03-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Barbie@Jul 3 2003, 03:47 PM
GREAT THREAD/TOPIC!!! :thumbsup:

I don't have anything to add except I used olive oil for a moisturizer last night and am very pleased with the results this morning; my pimples are healing and my face has a nice glow.

Eventually I would love to have an all natural skin care regimen.
Barbie
So Olive Oil is good for acne?

EarthTones
07-04-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by honeychild@Jul 2 2003, 09:32 AM
medium-grain oatmeal powder
ground almonds
ground lavender flowers
liquid black soap (lumps of soap dissolved in warm water)
lavender essential oil
honey powder
milk powder
a big dollop of liquid honey
and baking soda!!

i am ecstatic with this recipe, but i put it together so gradually over time i am probably forgetting things, and doubt i'll ever be able to duplicate it. that's fine, i guess... i don't think i could sell it since it looks like something out of swamp thing! LOL!

Okay sistahs...I am here to report back on a recipe that I just tried a few minutes ago.

I had to whip up a derivative of honeychild's "swamp thing" facial scrub treatment because I don't have all of the listed ingredients at the present moment...I nicknamed it "dirt sandwich" honeychild, in keeping with it's mother "swamp thing", if you will ;)

okay...so I combined:

1TSP fine grain oatmeal (I think I'd like to upgrade this to coarse-grained)
1TSP honey powder (this stuff is thee bomb!
1TSP buttermilk powder
1-2 moderate squirts of veggie castille soap
1TBSP + a couple of drops as needed of organic honey
a smidge of baking soda

I did this treatment last in the shower to give the steam enough time to absorb into my skin and open up my pores. I rinsed with diluted veggie castille soap (more water than soap) and slapped the "dirt sandwich' on my face. I let it sit on my face for a minute or two (I felt like I took a swim in a swamp for real!) and then began to work it in and massage it into my face....

oh, my :D ...did it do its thing or what? My skin was glowing as soon as I got out of the shower. It felt supple and clean...but not that squeaky, stripped feeling.

I did follow with my usual moisturizer, but I am currently experimenting with an all natural moisturizer concoction for combination skin, so I will post as soon as I use it.

Thanks honeychild ;) And keep the recipes and reviews coming ladies!

EarthTones
07-05-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by chocolategurl17@Jul 3 2003, 10:21 AM
Are there any natural facials done especially for acne prone skin? I would love to hear them.
Hey Chocolategurl17 :D

I found a couple of toner/astringent recipes on FNWL that mention acne relief. I haven't tried any, but if you do, please let us know the results!

Acne Toner:

4oz. Witch Hazel
20 drops of Lavender EO
10 drops Tea Tree EO

Mix ingredients in bottle, shake before each use. Apply to face with cotton ball after cleansing. The author notes that it helped clear up blackheads and itchy rash on her children's faces.

Oily Skin Toner (this is me right here too, and it sounds divine!):

Peppermint or sage leaves
water
apple cider vinegar

Make an infusion of the peppermint or sage leaves, and mix 1 part infusion to 1 part vinegar. Bottle and store in the refrigerator. Use after cleansing.

ETA: I found a cleansing soap recipe at FNWL that supposedly fights acne as well:

Facial Cleansing Bar:

3 oz. of FNWL's Melt and Pour Glycerin Soap
1 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp of neem powder (neem powder is supposedly an essential ingredient in recipes that combat acne)

Melt the glycerin soap. Add honey and neem powder and then pour into your mold. After the soap has set in the mold, remove and let cool for a few days. Adjust the amount of honey and neem powder to suit your individual needs.

jazzypom
07-06-2003, 07:38 PM
riight!

i found my 'book of shadows' if you will, let me give you some stuff

mask
50 grams green clay
2tsp cornflower
mix together and keep in a jar, ready for combining with the following formulas

dry skin
i tbs basic mask
1 egg yolk
1tsp evening primrose oil
2 drops carrot oil
2tsp water
1 drop chamomile oil (whether roman or german)
1 drop rose

apply to face. Leave for 15 mins. wash off

acne
1 tsp basic mask
1tsp water
chamomile 1 drop
lavendar 1 drop
juniper 1 drop
patchouli 1 drop

Gels

tapioca is a good potient nourishing face gel
100ml boiling water
1 1/2 tsp tapioca
simmer water and tapioca till water becomes transparent. Strain liquid. When cools, it forms a gel. Before it solidifies, add e.o.'s of chamomile, rose and patchouli - one drop each.

multi purpose cleaning oil
50ml grapeseed oil
20ml sunflower oil
20ml sesame seed oil
10 ml wheatgerm oil.

Blend oils together, add 5 drops of particular e.o. suited for particular skin (like- rose and neroli for dry skin, peppermint and patchouli for oily skin, etc.) and blend again.

cocoa butter cleanser

50 gram cocoa butter
25 ml grapeseed oil
25 ml floral waters (either rose, orange, peppermint, lavendar)

melt cocoa butter, add floral water and grapeseed oil. Mix in blender until cold.
Then add rose maroc (skin regenerating purposes) 1 drop
sandalwood (skin regenerating and toning) 1 drop.

Toner
rosewater 100ml
sandalwood 1 drop
rose 1 drop

Blemished skin toner
100 ml lavendar water
lavender e.o. 1 drop
juniper e.o. 1 drop

Aftersun oil

in 70ml almond oil and 30 ml sesame seed oil add
10 drops lavendar
5 drops chamomile
2 drops geranium

would add more but people are kicking me offline.

Layders

jp

chocolategurl17
07-07-2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by EarthTones+Jul 5 2003, 01:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EarthTones @ Jul 5 2003, 01:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--chocolategurl17@Jul 3 2003, 10:21 AM
Are there any natural facials done especially for acne prone skin? I would love to hear them.
Hey Chocolategurl17 :D

I found a couple of toner/astringent recipes on FNWL that mention acne relief. I haven&#39;t tried any, but if you do, please let us know the results!

Acne Toner:

4oz. Witch Hazel
20 drops of Lavender EO
10 drops Tea Tree EO

Mix ingredients in bottle, shake before each use. Apply to face with cotton ball after cleansing. The author notes that it helped clear up blackheads and itchy rash on her children&#39;s faces.

Oily Skin Toner (this is me right here too, and it sounds divine!):

Peppermint or sage leaves
water
apple cider vinegar

Make an infusion of the peppermint or sage leaves, and mix 1 part infusion to 1 part vinegar. Bottle and store in the refrigerator. Use after cleansing.

ETA: I found a cleansing soap recipe at FNWL that supposedly fights acne as well:

Facial Cleansing Bar:

3 oz. of FNWL&#39;s Melt and Pour Glycerin Soap
1 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp of neem powder (neem powder is supposedly an essential ingredient in recipes that combat acne)

Melt the glycerin soap. Add honey and neem powder and then pour into your mold. After the soap has set in the mold, remove and let cool for a few days. Adjust the amount of honey and neem powder to suit your individual needs. [/b][/quote]
THANK U SO MUCH EARTH TONES!!! :hug:

I am about to print this out and hopefully try this weekend. Alot of these natural ingredients I don&#39;t have around the house. Truthfully I need to get more natural ingredient/essential oil savy. Sure I have witch hazel, ACV, honey,olive oil and the like around the house but I need to get on the good foot (as my mother would say, lol) This is a good start though. Did u know a cheap place to get essential oils from on the net? I&#39;ve heard of fromnaturewithlove. (Guess I better check that out, look at me answering my own question :P ) I would love to buy several diff. ones, partifularly ones that are mentioned on the board often. I know Bath and Body works and my local healthfood store sells them but they seem to be pretty expensive, then again I don&#39;t really know what are reasonable price is for the oils :blink: .

Have u tried any of the acne recipes yet? If so which ones and how were the results?

Thank you so much :pumpheart:

EarthTones
07-07-2003, 04:38 AM
Hey Chocolate ;)

I haven&#39;t tried any of the recipes I posted yet...BUT...I have to get some peppermint leaves tomorrow so I can try the toner recipes. I also posted my results of a variation of honeychild&#39;s exoliating scrub, that worked well for me again today.

I don&#39;t have problems with significant breakouts/acne, but I can get some serious oil coverage (call me Ms. Exxon, okay :lol: ) on my forehead, nose and chin, and resultant pimples here and there. That&#39;s why I make it a point to exfoliate/mask regularly, to get into those pores and get the grit, oil and dirt out regularly as well as the dead skin cells...gotta make way for the next oil slick!

This is all so much fun for me...I am really looking forward to testing out all of these recipes until I can come up with the best regimen for me.

I am also peeping a few of jazzypom&#39;s recipes too! Thanks jazzy :D

As far as EO&#39;s...I usually get mine from a local feng shui shop...but I have ordered some lately from From Nature With Love so my order will be high enough to get free goodies!

Some oils are more expensive than others for various reasons, so make sure you compare prices before you start buying.

EarthTones
07-13-2003, 06:51 PM
bump

AutumnRain
04-19-2007, 01:28 PM
:)

mshane
08-22-2010, 11:39 PM
I have been into natural skin care since I was a teen ager, now that I am a Mum, I always asked my pretty kids that this is the best way to cure break outs and dull skin. Thanks for sharing!
natural skin care (http://www.defendyourskin.com/blog/)

erin_leslee
09-12-2010, 02:59 AM
Well, I have a recipe for a light moisturizer treatment that I use on my nails, hope this helps...

My mix has no name but it's just a tiny jar of:
Olive oil (3 parts)
Jojoba oil (2 parts)
Flaxseed oil (1 part)
Vit E oil (1 part)

I put that on my nails and cocoa butter on my hands and feet, then wear gloves and socks for a little while. When I rinse, any memories of what my hands felt like beforehand are gone :)

Fronomenal
10-07-2010, 01:03 AM
I have dry skin. My skincare regimen is as follows:

Body:

Daily: Wash with African Black Soap and moisturize with olicoco oil and/or shealoe.
Face:

Daily: Wash with African Black Soap. Spritz on toner. Apply a drop of olicoco oil.

Weekly: Exfoliate with olicoco oil sugar scrub. Apply bentonite clay mask (10 minutes). Spritz on toner. Apply a drop of olicoco oil.
Recipes:

Olicoco Oil— 50/50 mix of EVOO and EVCO

Shealoe— 1 part shea butter, ¾ part aloe vera gel, 1 tsp honey

Toner— 1 part water, 1 part aloe vera gel, 1 tsp honey

Olicoco Oil Sugar Scrub— Olicoco oil and sugar

Bentonite Clay Mask— Bentonite clay and water
I’m so glad I switched to natural products for my skin. My skin is smoother, softer, more moisturized and less irritated than when I used commercial products. Also, I love that some of the products are double duty. I use my toner as a moisturizing spritz all year round, my shealoe mix as a sealant in the fall/winter and my olicoco oil makes a nice addition to my DCs.

I will be making a sugar body scrub soon. I think I’ll use canola oil and brown sugar (I would use a better oil but I’m a college student on a budget). I will probably use it weekly.

Teacherjess
10-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Well I know this will sound gross, but you can try a blend of oatmeal or granola, eggs, lemon and honey. The oatmeal acts as an exfoliator, it scrubs dead skin off your face and gives it a very soft, smooth feeling. The yolk of the eggs and lemon can actually help with acne believe it or not, and the honey is also a great moisturizer.

BeautifulCrown87
11-03-2010, 12:44 PM
I switched over to the use of natural ingredients 12 months ago when I was in my last year in college. My aunt suggested that I use pure African black soap. After using this soap, I never looked back. Its been 1 yr now. I have continued to use African black soap & have gone on to make my own cleanser out of it to fit my skin care needs.
Just switching over to natural products has helped my skin so much!

Although I still have a long way to go, My face has gotten better and is clearing. So this is a Blessing from the Lord. :)

Here is my personal regimen that I currently use.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facial cleansers:
Homemade black soap cleanser or
Bentonite Clay Mask w/B. Heutiful Hair Steamer Facial Attachment.
Toner: Aubrey Organics Sea Buck thorn
Moisturizer: (i use these interchangeably depending what I am assigned @ work each day)
Homemade Mango Moisturizer
Jojoba Oil & Lemon Oil
and/or
Cocoa Butter w/ Sweet Orange oil (* for scar fading & clearing hyper pig.) *** Newest***
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This regie helps with my acne prone skin. I have combination skin .If your curious on how I make my cleanser & moisturizer you can visit my YT page. I've been documenting my skin care journey on there. :)
I hope this helps someone.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OrganicLover87?feature=mhum

Fronomenal
11-03-2010, 01:53 PM
@BeautifulCrown187: Nice routine and products! I just subscribed to your YouTube channel. :)

BeautifulCrown87
11-05-2010, 03:21 AM
Thanks Fronomenal! :) Feel free to come by or send me a message anytime. This also applies to everyone else! :)

AyannaDivine
11-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Does anyone have any tips or tricks for getting rid of the scaly dinosaur skin left over from an eczema breakout?
I had a really nasty case of eczema on top of my foot that lasted for 6 months or so. The rash itself is now gone but the skin is rough and discolored.

cg1
11-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Great recipes! Cant wait to try some of these!

BushBaby
11-16-2010, 03:39 AM
Does anyone have any tips or tricks for getting rid of the scaly dinosaur skin left over from an eczema breakout?
I had a really nasty case of eczema on top of my foot that lasted for 6 months or so. The rash itself is now gone but the skin is rough and discolored.

I don't know if you want homemade remedy or not. But try Amlactin lotion (has alpha hydroxy acids). Over time, I think it may give you the results you want. I use it an all over body lotion. You want a gentle chemical exfoliant(with the AHA).

BushBaby
11-16-2010, 03:43 AM
Once I get my act together I plan to re-mix my rendition of a brown sugar body scrub-
-Brown sugar
-lemon juice
-oil

I recently mixed my post shower body oil: (in order of percentage)
-Argan oil (I got this ridiculously large bottle of 100% pure argan oil online for way more than I care to voluntarily share, but if you ask I'll answer..lol)
-Jojoba oil
-Grapeseed oil
-Vit E oil
-EVOO
- Wheatgerm

I infused it with lavender flower for about 10days..then i realized it needed more kick so I dropped in some more lavender essential oil....strained it and voici! My oil is done.

CoilyHairedBeauty
11-16-2010, 08:46 AM
I have dry, sensitive skin. I use some of these ingredients as well. (Just started). I'm going to be sharing it on my channel soon...

You know what? We need a section of NP dedicated to skin care. What do you guys think?

We could create threads about commericial/homemade products, regimens, skin conditions, ya know?

That would be great.

Oh, and makeup for those that wear it...

rosalindb
11-16-2010, 10:24 PM
I have dry, sensitive skin. I use some of these ingredients as well. (Just started). I'm going to be sharing it on my channel soon...

You know what? We need a section of NP dedicated to skin care. What do you guys think?

We could create threads about commericial/homemade products, regimens, skin conditions, ya know?

That would be great.

Oh, and makeup for those that wear it...
There is a section called Napptural Beauty http://www.nappturality.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44

CoilyHairedBeauty
11-17-2010, 11:38 PM
^^^Well I'll be damned...

Thanks girl! *goes and checks it out

rosalindb
11-21-2010, 08:30 PM

Would a mild scrub be too harsh, bicarbonate of soda with a light oil such as organic jojoba oil - this is what I use to exfoliate my face

rosalindb
11-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Beautiful Crown, I just subscribed. Love your routine.

African black soap - I also love this stuff and use it from head to toe. I dilute mine with rosewater and add essential oils of lemongrass or geranium (occasional tea tree oil if my face is playing up).

Toner: Rosewater

Facial oil: Papaya in the spring/summer, Camellia Kissi oil in the autumn/winter. If it is really cold then I use shea butter

Body butter: Shea, organic VCO and various oils

Body oil: Various oils and essential oils

au napptural
11-22-2010, 03:29 AM
Bump, gotta stay updated

Reese72
11-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Scrub: Homemade brown sugar, and either olive oil or Apricot Kernal Oil. I use this on my face and body

Body Lotion/Cream: Crisco, oil of choice, coco butter sticks, honey. Add EO or FO for scent if you'd like. I keep it simple and don't add anything that can't be eaten.

Someone mentioned a rough patch on their skin after eczema. Crisco or castor oil may help. Try adding some lavender EO or use the EO by itself to help smooth things out. Lavender EO is less toxic than others and is safe to use without dilution so I've read.

Reese72
11-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Oh and sometimes, I use Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, unrefined, to my body creme if I want something scented.

rosalindb
11-24-2010, 10:08 PM
Scrub: Homemade brown sugar, and either olive oil or Apricot Kernal Oil. I use this on my face and body

Body Lotion/Cream: Crisco, oil of choice, coco butter sticks, honey. Add EO or FO for scent if you'd like. I keep it simple and don't add anything that can't be eaten.

Someone mentioned a rough patch on their skin after eczema. Crisco or castor oil may help. Try adding some lavender EO or use the EO by itself to help smooth things out. Lavender EO is less toxic than others and is safe to use without dilution so I've read.
I agree, I often use castor oil on my feet :))

Liberiangal
05-04-2012, 02:20 AM
I loved this thread!! I am also moving to natural skin care as well. After about a month of using shea butter and grapeseeed oil as my after shower lotion, I doubt I will ever return to lotion again!! That mix leaves my skin feeling moisturized ALL DAY not to mention my skin now has a consistent softness and glow that is perfect and right in time for summer :-) I've also been using lemongrass infused raw black soap on my face and body and i must say i love it! I feel it leaves me clean without residue like other commercial soaps do

I want to get back to incorporating my honey and brown sugar body scrubs as well as DRINK MORE WATER (doesn't get any more natural than that lol). Now that the months are warmer, I'm going to try using cooa butter and a light amount of evoo to moisturize my face at night (shea butter is a little heavy) and just a light dab of grapeseed oil in the morning for my face. Im hoping to have clear skin come this winter!! I'm trying to even my skin tone all over generally