PDA

View Full Version : Locticians in Brooklyn, New York



mochalocks
01-15-2005, 02:02 AM
I want to start locking my hair, so can anyone give me a list of salons,that cater to locs?, in Brooklyn,New York. please

freedai
01-18-2005, 10:30 PM
When i had locs i use to go to a salon called Sisa Boto, it is located on 172 Flatbush ave 718-398-7679

Good luck

Kittylee
01-19-2005, 09:15 PM
Hi

I saw your post on the loc board. Check out Locksmyths, 214 Greene avenue, 718-638-6444. I had my locs started there, great experience. My next appt is next wednesday, I cant wait. Ona (the owner) does my hair. They give free consultations. They specialize in locs.

www.locksmyths.com

‘The Nu-flip’
Stylist : Ona Osirio-Maat, Locksmyths
http://img27.exs.cx/img27/6231/Mariee6.jpg


‘Queen’
Stylist : Sheen Bynoe, Locksmyths
http://img27.exs.cx/img27/4543/Mariee3a.jpg

mochalocks
01-21-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Kittylee@Jan 19 2005, 05:15 PM
Hi

I saw your post on the loc board. Check out Locksmyths, 214 Greene avenue, 718-638-6444. I had my locs started there, great experience. My next appt is next wednesday, I cant wait. Ona (the owner) does my hair. They give free consultations. They specialize in locs.

www.locksmyths.com

‘The Nu-flip’
Stylist : Ona Osirio-Maat, Locksmyths
http://img27.exs.cx/img27/6231/Mariee6.jpg
‘Queen’
Stylist : Sheen Bynoe, Locksmyths
http://img27.exs.cx/img27/4543/Mariee3a.jpg

680874



thanks for posting it again.. I appreciate it.

mochalocks
01-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by freedai@Jan 18 2005, 06:30 PM
When i had locs i use to go to a salon called Sisa Boto, it is located on 172 Flatbush ave 718-398-7679

Good luck

679658



thanks!

:D

RUCreole
02-18-2005, 05:45 PM
Hi y'all,
I'm orginally from Brooklyn, NY and I have the best natural hair stylist/loctician/colorist I mean she is good at everything.

Check her out at: www.nubiankinks.com her name in Kimberly she is from Barbados and she has her salon set up at home.

I'm in Georgia now and I miss her so much :(

mochalocks
02-23-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by RUCreole@Feb 18 2005, 01:45 PM
Hi y'all,
I'm orginally from Brooklyn, NY and I have the best natural hair stylist/loctician/colorist I mean she is good at everything.

Check her out at: www.nubiankinks.com her name in Kimberly she is from Barbados and she has her salon set up at home.

I'm in Georgia now and I miss her so much :(

723918



thankyou..


:)

Kittylee
03-06-2005, 01:45 PM
Did you get your locs started yet? Where did you go?

mochalocks
03-11-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Kittylee@Mar 6 2005, 09:45 AM
Did you get your locs started yet? Where did you go?

746202



no, not yet. I still have all the information you guys gave me. But I have decided I might start locking my hair next year.. I'm going to keep my hair in two-strand twists for the this whole year,and get a feel of it. so I can make a decision.

mochalocks
12-05-2005, 09:40 PM
I'm going to bump this thread..
Has anyone been to Renaissance Hairtopia on Hanson pl?... it's with the C to Lafayette av.

Ebonique
12-06-2005, 02:59 AM
I've heard of Renaissance Hairtopia, but never been there.

Kittylee, where did you find those pictures, especially the second one? The woman in that wedding gown happens to be my loctician.

mochalocks
12-13-2005, 04:40 PM
k, thanks.

I've been hearing good reviews about Tabeel's hair salon. I might give them a ring, and see what they offer.

Ebonique
12-13-2005, 05:10 PM
A couple of my friends have gone to her and given good reviews. Judging from the pics on her website, looks like she's off the hook!!

Tabeel (http://www.tabeel.com)

mochalocks
02-08-2006, 08:22 PM
I finally set my appointment up, to head over to Tabeel's next thursday!

mochalocks
04-13-2010, 07:45 PM
bump!

Here is another loctician located in Brooklyn by the name of AC in the Flatbush section. His salon is called Studio 1A. You can e-mail him at: studio1a@gmail.com, and you can call him at: 917.405.7378. I had an appointment with him yesterday, and he did a good job.