PDA

View Full Version : Those planning to mix Shea Butter in their conditioner

Nene
02-01-2003, 10:43 AM
Hi i was just wondering if anyone is planning to add Shea Butter or any other natural hair products into their conditioner of choice. I also want to know how much you plan to add.
And also if anyone living in the U.K could tell me where they get their Shea Butter from. :)

Curlicious
02-01-2003, 10:52 PM
I usually add an ounce of castor oil to may conditioner (Suave). It's an effective way of get a cheap conditioner to perform like an expensive one. I know other ladies on here have used olive oil as well. Shea butter may be a little tricky because you have to melt it first and it may solidify in the conditioner before it is thoroughly mixed (end up with little globs of butter in the conditioner). Sorry I don't have any suggstions for websites but your may want to check Caribbean or African markets if you have any in your area.

Autumn
02-02-2003, 12:58 AM
Hi Nene

i live in the uk, SE london, i buy Kemi shea butter priced at £4.99, & melt it down to make my products,

like curlicious, i have used caster oil or olive oil in my conditioners, but never shea, i use that as a leave in, its too nice to my hair to wash it out :D .
let us know what part of the UK you are based, there are a hand ful of us here that should be able to help you.

Join us in the naptural get togethers, on the 'UK nappies where are U?' thread, we are planning a get to gether soon, well in a couple of months or so, there is at present a handful of us, you are welcome to join us.

All the best

A

dembasamba
02-02-2003, 03:49 AM
I just did this tonight. I just dispersed conditioner through my damp hair (Kenra) first, then I melted about 2 oz of shea butter and worked it through my hair. Then I made about 10 big twists and slapped on plastic cap for a bit. My hair really likes it. :D

Autumn
02-02-2003, 04:34 AM
dembasamba

when are you gonna wash it out?
are you gonna put more shea butter to style it?

A

dembasamba
02-02-2003, 05:31 AM
Hey Autumn,

I left it in for about one hour, rinsed it out. My hair felt really soft and nice. (This is my first kenra attempt). I did not add any more shea to style or any leave in or anything. My hair felt quite moist after the rinse. I styled it by brushing it back into a low puff, and making about five twists out of the puff. Then I put on a scarf to help the front lay down. Then, bed.

Nene
02-02-2003, 09:42 AM
Thanks everyone 4 the tips.
Hi autumn i'm in london too. I'll definitely hook up.

Autumn
02-02-2003, 05:01 PM
Mmmm... i might have to give it a try thanks Dembasamba

A

AnaAmi
02-02-2003, 08:19 PM
Greetings,
I mix my shea butter and pink lotion to style my hair, i havent tried it as a conditioner. :)

Autumn
02-02-2003, 10:30 PM
Ana Ami

i have some pink oil left over, was my main product when i was relaxed, i now use it occassinally to smooth my hair back, when putting it in a ponytail, never thought of using it with shea, good idea, how do you use it?what hairstyles?

all the best

A