PDA

View Full Version : Columbia,sc

ANappyNeo
07-05-2003, 07:04 AM
Hey!!
Have any of my fellow nappy Columbians found a stylist that they adore? I am transitioning now with microbraids (which will soon be outta here), and I am looking for someone to do a NICE set of kinky two-strands. It seems as though everytime I ask someone whose twists are beautiful, who's done their hair, they give me the name of some person in Charleston, Augusta, etc. Is there anyone here in the area?

soontobenatural
07-05-2003, 04:02 PM
Hi,

I'm in Columbia, also!

I have heard that April Geter on Shakespeare does nice kinky 2-strand twists. I haven't personally seen her twists, but I have seen other styles that she has done and they look great! Give her a call!

easy2bnapptural?
08-08-2003, 01:38 PM
HI ANappyNeo,

I was doing a search a found this...just wondering if you found anyone or tried April. I am looking for someone that does natural hair as well.

ANappyNeo
11-04-2003, 10:43 AM
@ Easy2BNapptural...I am just NOW seeing this. I don't know if you still frequent the forum or not, but I wanted to respond. I never tried April out, and I haven't really been to anyone to get my hair done. I went to a consultation with a girl named Michelle who does my sis's hair. She is in a shop called, (i think) "Simply Hair" 803-714-6005. She is natural, and she seems to be really nice, I will probably let her do my BC. I also heard of a girl in a shop off of Beltline called A Natural Essential, I don't recall her name. If you get this, PM me and I'll try to find out.

ANappyNeo
11-04-2003, 05:31 PM
Okay, I gave the wrong salon info for Michelle. She is at It's Only Hair and the # is 735-0603. I have an appt with her on Thursday morning!

intljd
11-08-2003, 09:13 PM
I tried April and she does my mama locks, she is very good. Natural Essentials, her name is Sessie(sp?)
I have been to both and they are both good. April is priced a lot better. At one time in lived in Columbia