PDA

View Full Version : Essential Oils For A Itchy Flakey Scalp

chrysalis
07-06-2003, 07:09 AM
i'd like to make a concoction to put on the itchy flakey spots on my scalp.
tia

jazzypom
07-06-2003, 03:21 PM
juniper, cade (seems to be similar), tea tree, peppermint, lemon oil, bay oil, clove bud oil, nettle absoulute (or nettle infusion), rosmary, cedar, lavender oil, elemi oil, pine oil, orange oil.

chose one or two from the list above - juniper (smells like tarmac, whew) and tea tree oil for starters.

blumoonbabe
07-06-2003, 03:30 PM
jazzypom pretty much covered it, but I'd like to add sage ( in an oil infusion) too :D

EarthTones
07-06-2003, 04:22 PM
Tea tree and peppermint have worked wonders for me.

chrysalis
07-06-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by jazzypom@Jul 6 2003, 05:21 AM
juniper, cade (seems to be similar), tea tree, peppermint, lemon oil, bay oil, clove bud oil, nettle absoulute (or nettle infusion), rosmary, cedar, lavender oil, elemi oil, pine oil, orange oil.

chose one or two from the list above - juniper (smells like tarmac, whew) and tea tree oil for starters.
thanks for the last part. i thought i was supposed to use all of them, lol. (duh)

thank you all for your replies. i'll give it a try.
mahalos!

ooh, wait. what do i use as a base oil? or do i need one?

jazzypom
07-06-2003, 06:00 PM
hmmm...

for tea tree and lavendar oil - they can pretty much be used neat on skin - the others definately need base oils.

or you can add 2-3 drops to 5ml of shampoo or conditioners(that would be like... 1tsp full).

base oil ? well, its all what you are familiar with.

personally, i like light oils like sweet almond ( i buy mass quatities of this oil), or grapeseed (very antiseptic, good for oily prone skin), safflower oil (fairly light) sunflower oil (very light). Or medium oils - olive, coconut.

or, you can make a vinegar rinse that you can use either after or before shampoo/conditioner routine, - one part vinegar to six parts water with about 5 drops of your choice of essential oils. I think there are more recipies on the board, do a search.

or you could do a sage, nettle, hibsicus tea and pour it through your hair as a finishing rinse.

REGEE
07-07-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by jazzypom@Jul 6 2003, 01:00 PM

base oil ? well, its all what you are familiar with.

personally, i like light oils like sweet almond ( i buy mass quatities of this oil), or grapeseed (very antiseptic, good for oily prone skin), safflower oil (fairly light) sunflower oil (very light). Or medium oils - olive, coconut.

I'd like to add my 2cents to this...............................I usu. use jojoba oil as a base oil for my itchy scalp :rainfro:
HTH
REGEE

chrysalis
07-07-2003, 04:01 AM
tanx y'all! :)

ValleyOfDecision
07-21-2003, 12:54 AM
What exactly are base oils? I'm pretty new to this. Any help? Thanks!