PDA

View Full Version : keeping afro neat after sleep

jorja
01-22-2005, 11:35 PM
This may seem like a silly question, but I'm going to ask anyway because there may actually be other people out there with the same question who are afraid to ask. I've been napptural for about eight months now and I'm still learning about the best ways to handle my hair. It sometimes takes me as long as two hours to get my hair looking right when I wear an afro. When I don't have to think about time or the impressions others might have about my "morning hair" I'm okay. But what do you ladies do when you're spending an evening with your mate? Should I let my mate see me with my uncombed, unsexy morning napps or is there a way for me to keep my afro looking fresh even after a good night's sleep?

Any suggestions?

Jorja

SouthernShorty
01-23-2005, 02:36 PM
I suggest bantu knots or big twist (don't know how long your hair is or how long you transitioned) and then just pick it out in the morning. I suggest that even if you're sleeping alone. If he's gonna be around, he's going to have to see it someday. We're in this for life, so my baby has seen it all from my scarf to I'm to tired to finish taking these braids out tonight to let me put my Queen Helene's green face mask on and jump into bed..now of course there's a time for everything.