PDA

View Full Version : Permie friend doesn't get it



afrodite2103
01-23-2005, 08:28 PM
i posted about that episode of People's Court (http://www.nappturality.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43458) on my private journal and a permie friend of mine replied with this

It bugs me when people get down on black women for striaghtening their hair. We're not the only ones who get this done, Jewish women do the same thing to their hair and they don't catch any flack. White women get perms (what they may call a "permanent") to make their hair curly when they get bored of having naturally straight hair. I don't see how black women wanting their hair relaxed is any more f*d up than white women going to the tanning salons or using sunless tan, or any race of people dying their hair another color. I prefer having my hair relaxed basically because when it's relaxed I can see my hair's full length as opposed to when it's all crunched and frizzed up in it's natural state. Plus, I just don't like how frizz looks or feels. However I do agree that woman on the court show was crazy for forcing her 5 year old to go through getting a perm, it's one thing if she wanted it and it didn't bother her but the girl was in pain. Althougt I asked for one, my mom never allowed me to get a perm until I became a teenager.

it seriously pissed me off because by saying that part in bold she&#39;s basically saying she doesn&#39;t like the look and feel of my hair. <_< She probably didn&#39;t even realize that though.

i was about to explain to her that black people have been told since slavery that our hair and features are ugly. A lot of black women have basically internalized that and would rather go around with nasty broken off permed hair than short nappy hair. I wanted to tell her that the woman on peoples court basically said that since her child has nappy hair that she has to perm it in order to maintain it. She said it like having nappy hair was some sort of disease. How can people not see that 95% of black women relax their hair and feel that wearing it natural is not an option.

i think it&#39;s messed up that there are those jewish women who perm their hair and get nose jobs to appear "less jewish". i think that&#39;s bad too and that they have similar issues. White women who get a curly perm or go out and tan to feel more attractive aren&#39;t doing to trying to achive a non white standard of beauty.


i was about to write up a long lecture but i felt like it would just go in one ear and out the other. i don&#39;t want her to be mad at me and think i&#39;m some sort of crazy militant that looks down on her for perming. she&#39;s a sweet person one of my favorite friends and i don&#39;t want to lose her friendship. i cant really use the example of perms ruining your hair because her hair is pretty awesome. it&#39;s down her back and shiney and super thick. It always looks nice even when she says it need to be done (meaning she has like a tiny bit of new growth).

sometimes i wonder if im making a big deal out of nothing and that it is just hair. When dealing with people who are die hard permies i always wonder.

i just needed to come here to vent and maybe see what you guys think i should say to her.

ScoobyGurl
01-23-2005, 08:43 PM
This is about way more than hair and your friend obviously doesn&#39;t understand. Black women perm their hair b/c of a conscious or subconscious need to conform to the lily complex and b/c of a conscious or subconscious belief that their hair is inferior b/c of its texture. White women who tan or get a perm to make their hair curly aren&#39;t doing it b/c they think that their hair and skin is inferior. They&#39;re simply doing it to try a new look or to make their skin look "healthy". I think your friend subconsciously doesn&#39;t like natural hair. When she said that she doesn&#39;t like how her hair looks "crunched" or "frizzed" up it just made me think that she has internalized the view that the only way her hair can be beautiful is if she makes a texture that it naturally isn&#39;t. Maybe it&#39;s just me but I don&#39;t really find straight hair beautiful on any black woman anymore no matter how shiny, long or thick it is.

afrodite2103
01-23-2005, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by ScoobyGurl@Jan 23 2005, 08:43 PM
This is about way more than hair and your friend obviously doesn&#39;t understand. Black women perm their hair b/c of a conscious or subconscious need to conform to the lily complex and b/c of a conscious or subconscious belief that their hair is inferior b/c of its texture. White women who tan or get a perm to make their hair curly aren&#39;t doing it b/c they think that their hair and skin is inferior. They&#39;re simply doing it to try a new look or to make their skin look "healthy". I think your friend subconsciously doesn&#39;t like natural hair. When she said that she doesn&#39;t like how her hair looks "crunched" or "frizzed" up it just made me think that she has internalized the view that the only way her hair can be beautiful is if she makes a texture that it naturally isn&#39;t. Maybe it&#39;s just me but I don&#39;t really find straight hair beautiful on any black woman anymore no matter how shiny, long or thick it is.

686001


i agree that she has a problem with her natural hair texture. i think that the fact that she didn&#39;t get why i felt that the way the woman felt about nappy hair was wrong and that she put down the look and feel of nappy frizzy hair says that she has a problem. i always feel that when permies get really defensive it&#39;s because they feel that we&#39;ve uncovered their dirty secret and they&#39;re ashamed. i thought it was messed up that she told me that she&#39;d always wanted biracial kids and was talking about how pretty their complexions and hair are. <_<

i was surpised at how hurt i was at that comment that she didn&#39;t like the look or feel of frizzy hair. She&#39;s never touched or commented on my hair before and we&#39;ve been friends for a while. i guess she assumes that it feels like a brillo pad.

MsCurly85
01-23-2005, 10:07 PM
I just can&#39;t tolerate or have friends like that.

morena23
01-23-2005, 10:23 PM
OMG, why is it even that deep? So what she doesn&#39;t like natural hair? Does everyone have to or should? NO! There are many people of many races who don&#39;t like frizzy or un-straightened hair. It&#39;s a personal choice. I chose to be natural, but I&#39;m not going to get offended by close friends and relatives who decide to do otherwise. This is a free country.

The bottom line is it&#39;s just hair. The first time someone states their dislike of natural hair, everyone on this board assumes that they just "don&#39;t know the truth" or are "living a lye", or are "shackled". Maybe they just don&#39;t like natural hair. Simple as that.

The people on this board and every other natural person should put it in perspective. We all have natural hair. But how many of us have put braid extensions in our hair? Or twist extensions? If we are so happy with the way our hair looks, why are we getting extensions in it to make it look longer. Or as soon as we find some product that gives us shine and just a little bit of curl, we go out of our way to show everybody "look how shiny my hair is" when without that product it doesn&#39;t have that shine. It doesn&#39;t have to be that deep. I know plenty of people with perms who have an absolute gorgeous head of hair. I know a few people with natural hair that look a HOT MESS....... To Each His Own, right?

Nappturality doesn&#39;t have to be a crusade. Black people know what&#39;s up with that crap they put in their heads. They know when they get that stuff slapped on their heads that it&#39;s going to sting - especially if they have been scratching. Some people just prefer to have their hair chemically altered. I ain&#39;t knockin&#39; em for it. I was once there. I didn&#39;t become natural because I realized how dangerous the chemicals were I became natural because I wanted more styling options. Maybe your friend has all the styling options she needs with her permed hair. Why should it tick you off because she doesn&#39;t like your natural hair? She still likes YOU, right? Friends should be able to state their likes and dislikes about each other. I know me and my friends do. Me and my best friend have 2 completely opposite styles for everything (yes, she has a perm), but we are still great friends. Friendships should be stronger than hairstyles.

afrodite2103
01-23-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by morena23@Jan 23 2005, 10:23 PM
OMG, why is it even that deep? So what she doesn&#39;t like natural hair? Does everyone have to or should? NO! There are many people of many races who don&#39;t like frizzy or un-straightened hair. It&#39;s a personal choice. I chose to be natural, but I&#39;m not going to get offended by close friends and relatives who decide to do otherwise. This is a free country.

The bottom line is it&#39;s just hair. The first time someone states their dislike of natural hair, everyone on this board assumes that they just "don&#39;t know the truth" or are "living a lye", or are "shackled". Maybe they just don&#39;t like natural hair. Simple as that.

The people on this board and every other natural person should put it in perspective. We all have natural hair. But how many of us have put braid extensions in our hair? Or twist extensions? If we are so happy with the way our hair looks, why are we getting extensions in it to make it look longer. Or as soon as we find some product that gives us shine and just a little bit of curl, we go out of our way to show everybody "look how shiny my hair is" when without that product it doesn&#39;t have that shine. It doesn&#39;t have to be that deep. I know plenty of people with perms who have an absolute gorgeous head of hair. I know a few people with natural hair that look a HOT MESS....... To Each His Own, right?

Nappturality doesn&#39;t have to be a crusade. Black people know what&#39;s up with that crap they put in their heads. They know when they get that stuff slapped on their heads that it&#39;s going to sting - especially if they have been scratching. Some people just prefer to have their hair chemically altered. I ain&#39;t knockin&#39; em for it. I was once there. I didn&#39;t become natural because I realized how dangerous the chemicals were I became natural because I wanted more styling options. Maybe your friend has all the styling options she needs with her permed hair. Why should it tick you off because she doesn&#39;t like your natural hair? She still likes YOU, right? Friends should be able to state their likes and dislikes about each other. I know me and my friends do. Me and my best friend have 2 completely opposite styles for everything (yes, she has a perm), but we are still great friends. Friendships should be stronger than hairstyles.

686086



where did i say that i wasn&#39;t going to stay friends with her anymore? i didn&#39;t say i was going to push my beleifs on her or try to get her to go natural. i just felt that it was bad that it seemed like she didn&#39;t get
the point of my post about the lady on peoples court thinking that nappy hair needed to be permed to be okay. if she wants to perm then fine.

i don&#39;t even know why it was so hurtful that she felt that she didn&#39;t like the look or feel of nappy hair. i guess it&#39;s because she&#39;s a close friend. My best friend perms and was natural while she was in basic training. She said once that she&#39;d never go natural again because she didn&#39;t want her hair looking like carpet all the time. it was insulting and i think that it was so hurful because it was from a close friend.

morena23
01-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by afrodite2103@Jan 23 2005, 02:33 PM

i don&#39;t even know why it was so hurtful that she felt that she didn&#39;t like the look or feel of nappy hair. i guess it&#39;s because she&#39;s a close friend. My best friend perms and was natural while she was in basic training. She said once that she&#39;d never go natural again because she didn&#39;t want her hair looking like carpet all the time. it was insulting and i think that it was so hurful because it was from a close friend.

686098


I really know how you feel. I was really defensive of my natural hair when I first decided to take the plunge. My advice is to never look to another human being to validate what you love about yourself. If she thinks that her natural hair looks and feels like carpet, then that&#39;s just her opinon. You rock on with your natural and just know that you and her have decided on 2 different paths when it comes to your hair. Try not to be insulted because from what you have posted, she hadn&#39;t really said anything bad about YOUR hair, but only her own. So you do yo&#39; thang and let her do hers.
:wub:

InnocentKiss
01-23-2005, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by afrodite2103@Jan 23 2005, 02:28 PM
i posted about that episode of People&#39;s Court (http://www.nappturality.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43458) on my private journal and a permie friend of mine replied with this

It bugs me when people get down on black women for striaghtening their hair. We&#39;re not the only ones who get this done, Jewish women do the same thing to their hair and they don&#39;t catch any flack. White women get perms (what they may call a "permanent") to make their hair curly when they get bored of having naturally straight hair. I don&#39;t see how black women wanting their hair relaxed is any more f*d up than white women going to the tanning salons or using sunless tan, or any race of people dying their hair another color. I prefer having my hair relaxed basically because when it&#39;s relaxed I can see my hair&#39;s full length as opposed to when it&#39;s all crunched and frizzed up in it&#39;s natural state. Plus, I just don&#39;t like how frizz looks or feels. However I do agree that woman on the court show was crazy for forcing her 5 year old to go through getting a perm, it&#39;s one thing if she wanted it and it didn&#39;t bother her but the girl was in pain. Althougt I asked for one, my mom never allowed me to get a perm until I became a teenager.

it seriously pissed me off because by saying that part in bold she&#39;s basically saying she doesn&#39;t like the look and feel of my hair. <_< She probably didn&#39;t even realize that though.

i was about to explain to her that black people have been told since slavery that our hair and features are ugly. A lot of black women have basically internalized that and would rather go around with nasty broken off permed hair than short nappy hair. I wanted to tell her that the woman on peoples court basically said that since her child has nappy hair that she has to perm it in order to maintain it. She said it like having nappy hair was some sort of disease. How can people not see that 95% of black women relax their hair and feel that wearing it natural is not an option.

i think it&#39;s messed up that there are those jewish women who perm their hair and get nose jobs to appear "less jewish". i think that&#39;s bad too and that they have similar issues. White women who get a curly perm or go out and tan to feel more attractive aren&#39;t doing to trying to achive a non white standard of beauty.
i was about to write up a long lecture but i felt like it would just go in one ear and out the other. i don&#39;t want her to be mad at me and think i&#39;m some sort of crazy militant that looks down on her for perming. she&#39;s a sweet person one of my favorite friends and i don&#39;t want to lose her friendship. i cant really use the example of perms ruining your hair because her hair is pretty awesome. it&#39;s down her back and shiney and super thick. It always looks nice even when she says it need to be done (meaning she has like a tiny bit of new growth).

sometimes i wonder if im making a big deal out of nothing and that it is just hair. When dealing with people who are die hard permies i always wonder.

i just needed to come here to vent and maybe see what you guys think i should say to her.

685976


I see where both of you are coming from. I understand your frustration. Personally, I think every black woman should proudly wear her hair in its natural state. I also feel that the very reason we relax our hair is a result of the inferiority America has forced upon us. Every black woman, however, don&#39;t relax their hair for the same reasons I did. I have to accept that. Some say it&#39;s more manageable, some do it just to see length, whatever their reason - to each her own. If you want to reply to your friend, explain that you "get down" on black women who choose to relax their hair because they feel it&#39;s inferior - not for any other reason, though.

MsCurly85
01-23-2005, 11:43 PM
See... the way I look at this is she DOES have issues with who she is and natural hair. What gave it away was wanting bi-racial kids and always talking about how pretty "their" skin complexion was and how pretty "their" hair was. It reminds me of the people who have children by other races just so they can have kids who look less black and have a certain hair type.

Its fine if she likes her hair relaxed it her hair, but to always compliment and wish she had kids with lighter hair and straight hair.. seems a lil too much for me.
She also seems to completely despise her hair... that just seems kinda weird to me....

Now its blk ladies all over who want to switch up styles(even tho i personally feel black girls should wear their natural more often- its pretty to me) when they get bored also(i do sometimes), and change their looks a bit.. by getting contacts, or by wearing hair extensions- they aren&#39;t trying to look less black either... just how white people do when they curl their hair or get tans- im sure they aren&#39;t tryin to look less white. I understand that... I didn&#39;t read the article and say oh she has a perm now lets me conclude she has self hatred for herself... noooo... from the other info given i concluded that. Now i don&#39;t know her personally so I could be wrong about her.. but from what I read it seems like she has issues with not only her complexion, and hair.. but with herself.

afrodite2103
01-24-2005, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by InnocentKiss@Jan 23 2005, 11:41 PM
I see where both of you are coming from. I understand your frustration. Personally, I think every black woman should proudly wear her hair in its natural state. I also feel that the very reason we relax our hair is a result of the inferiority America has forced upon us. Every black woman, however, don&#39;t relax their hair for the same reasons I did. I have to accept that. Some say it&#39;s more manageable, some do it just to see length, whatever their reason - to each her own. If you want to reply to your friend, explain that you "get down" on black women who choose to relax their hair because they feel it&#39;s inferior - not for any other reason, though.

686174



Actually i don&#39;t "get down on" all black women who relax. Just the ones who act like going without a perm is not an option. The ones that feel that they have to have a perm and say negative stuff about nappy hair. Usually i don&#39;t talk to women about hair unless they say something or ask me a question. then i give them my opinion.

if my friend wants to perm that&#39;s fine. i&#39;m against the mindset that nappy hair is bad/inferior/ugly and the only option is to straghten it.

morena23
01-24-2005, 01:04 AM
Now THAT&#39;S what I do have a problem with. Women who think that the ONLY way they can get their hair to look decent is to slap a perm or a hot comb in it. That is sad.

beautfiul
01-24-2005, 04:44 AM
It is your choice to be natural or permed silky straight, but your idealistics should not be pushed on to a child......... That is how racism, self hatred, etc are created and continue to linger in this world.

ebonyy
01-24-2005, 05:10 AM
oddly enough this point comes up a lot. i think that natural hair is it...yeszir! but others don&#39;t feel that way. my mom and sister have been trying to convince me to get a relaxer again since the day i cut my hair. it&#39;s just an individual choice. BE COOL!

Denny
01-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Ask her why does she hate her hair so much and why the fascination with mixed race children, this self hate stuff is so ingrained in our psyche not only from societys norms but what we hear are family and social circle say. Our ethnic group needs to be deprogrammed. I know we should live and let live but you are just as entitled to express a counter opinion to her views.

morena23
01-24-2005, 03:28 PM
You know what makes me mad? When people see a child with what they consider to be "good" hair and immediately assume that they are something other than black. Or when they see a child with what they consider to be "exotic" features and assume that they are something other than black like black people are excluded from being exceptionally beautiful. I think Black people are the most beautiful people on the planet because of the fact that we come in a spectrum of colors and features. Why do we have to be something other than Black when we have features that don&#39;t fall into what other people ignorantly believe Black people should have. You just GOTTA have some kind of Indian or White in your family to have wavy hair, or you just GOTTA have White in your family if your eyes aren&#39;t brown.... The bad part about it is 9 times out of 10, it is a BLACK person who is doing all this assuming. Why do we always want to limit ourselves. As the Original Man on this planet, we should know that there is no limit to how we can look on the outside.

afrodite2103
01-24-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Denny@Jan 24 2005, 03:08 PM
Ask her why does she hate her hair so much and why the fascination with mixed race children, this self hate stuff is so ingrained in our psyche not only from societys norms but what we hear are family and social circle say. Our ethnic group needs to be deprogrammed. I know we should live and let live but you are just as entitled to express a counter opinion to her views.

686779



i just replied to her after thinking about what to say to her without making her feel like i&#39;m attacking her.


well the reasons a lot of black women straighten their hair are different from why white women tan or get a curly perm. White women haven&#39;t been told for centuries that their hair is bad or inferior. Black women have. Even other black people look down on nappy hair as dirty, unkempt and unmanagable. White women with straight hair are never going to be looked down on for their straight hair but a woman with nappy hair will. The jewish women who perm their nappy hair have a similar problem that some black women do. They perm so they&#39;ll look less jewish and be able to pass as just plain white. i worked with jewish women who actually told me that. it&#39;s sad.

That woman felt that nappy hair couldn&#39;t be managed unless it was permed. That&#39;s basically telling her little girl that her hair is bad and that it needs to be fixed. I agree that if her mom wants to perm her own hair then fine but the chemical equivalent of drano shouldn&#39;t be put on a small childs head. i wasn&#39;t allowed to get a perm til middle school. My grandmother was not a fan of getting perms. Even though my family was cool with being natural the anti nappy vibes got to me from school and other people i was around. Having nappy hair where i lived was a huge no no. You had to get a perm there was no other option. Or so i thought.

i don&#39;t look down on black women that perm and i don&#39;t feel that all black women who perm are ashamed of their hair. if they want to do it that&#39;s cool. if for some reason i decided i wanted my halle berry cut again and got a relaxer i&#39;d know it really was just a style choice because i&#39;ve dealt with and thought over my insecurties with my hair. i just think it&#39;s sad that so many don&#39;t like their natural texture and don&#39;t realize why they don&#39;t like it. We dont live in a vaccum and are all subject to social forces.

i hope you don&#39;t think i&#39;m crazy and militant and stop hanging out with me. Don&#39;t worry i won&#39;t lecture you.


i feel that i handled it okay. i don&#39;t intend on lecturing her or fussing at her about perming. i just wanted to let her know how i felt about it and that i wasn&#39;t going to lecture her.

another friend on my journal replied to her with this


"I prefer having my hair relaxed basically because when it&#39;s relaxed I can see my hair&#39;s full length as opposed to when it&#39;s all crunched and frizzed up in it&#39;s natural state. Plus, I just don&#39;t like how frizz looks or feels"

Right,

I hate the way my hair just crunches up and frizzes, damn that nappy black hair.

*shakes, LONG flowing nappy black hair*



This friend is a die hard nap and totally against women perming. She&#39;s really disgusted that black women harm themselves with perms and skin bleaching. She&#39;s from the caribean so she&#39;s seen a lot of black people where she lives suffer from the effects of skin bleaching. I love her journal entries on those topics.

i was just hoping that my other friend didn&#39;t feel that we were jumping on her.

afrodite2103
01-24-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by morena23@Jan 24 2005, 03:28 PM
You know what makes me mad? When people see a child with what they consider to be "good" hair and immediately assume that they are something other than black. Or when they see a child with what they consider to be "exotic" features and assume that they are something other than black like black people are excluded from being exceptionally beautiful. I think Black people are the most beautiful people on the planet because of the fact that we come in a spectrum of colors and features. Why do we have to be something other than Black when we have features that don&#39;t fall into what other people ignorantly believe Black people should have. You just GOTTA have some kind of Indian or White in your family to have wavy hair, or you just GOTTA have White in your family if your eyes aren&#39;t brown.... The bad part about it is 9 times out of 10, it is a BLACK person who is doing all this assuming. Why do we always want to limit ourselves. As the Original Man on this planet, we should know that there is no limit to how we can look on the outside.

686808


Yeah i hate that too. i remember my idiot ex BF said that the best looking black girls are not all black and couldn&#39;t understand why i got mad. :doh ignorance at it&#39;s worse huh?

i&#39;ve had men think that telling a girl she looks mixed is a complement.

i hate how as soon as someone hears that someone is mixed they assume they&#39;re extremely beautful. i guess it&#39;s because a lot of the beautiful black people the show on TV are mixed so the assume that no non mixed black people are that beautiful.

morena23
01-24-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by afrodite2103@Jan 24 2005, 09:40 AM
Yeah i hate that too. i remember my idiot ex BF said that the best looking black girls are not all black and couldn&#39;t understand why i got mad. :doh ignorance at it&#39;s worse huh?

i&#39;ve had men think that telling a girl she looks mixed is a complement.

i hate how as soon as someone hears that someone is mixed they assume they&#39;re extremely beautful. i guess it&#39;s because a lot of the beautiful black people the show on TV are mixed so the assume that no non mixed black people are that beautiful.

686965


I&#39;m just the opposite. I&#39;m a little light-skinned, but I think that dark skinned people are the most beautiful people in the world.... so what most people consider beautiful, I think is just mediocre.

The best black girls aren&#39;t really black, huh? He might as well say he doesn&#39;t like Black girls, or that he thinks all Black girls are ugly. It&#39;s a shame that more men OUTSIDE our race think we are beautiful more than our "brothers" do. My boyfriend is a pale Mexican, and you can&#39;t give him a woman without color. He thinks they look sick.

Being mixed shouldn&#39;t be a compliment. What is being even a LITTLE White Better than Black? IGNORANT!!!

BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL, UNIQUE AND CLASSIC!!

Lexxe
01-24-2005, 11:08 PM
Some mixie input - I&#39;ve been to the national multiractial meetings (no, really, there are national meetings) and there&#39;s pretty much a consensus - we don&#39;t like being objectified for being mixed either. This goes for all combinations of mixed folks, not just black/white (though of course I can&#39;t speak for each individual). We don&#39;t think of it as a compliment and we don&#39;t want to be exoticised or fetishized because of our "unique" racial makeup any more than any other group does.

As to the OP - good for you, I think that was a great response to your friend. I think taking the time to try to find tactful ways of saying things is what&#39;s really going to make a difference in making people understand this issue... although I would have some pretty non-tactful words to say to that mother who sat there while her daughter&#39;s scalp began to dissolve so her "wrong" hair could be fixed. Ugh.

caraqueen
01-27-2005, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by afrodite2103@Jan 24 2005, 12:11 AM
Actually i don&#39;t "get down on" all black women who relax. Just the ones who act like going without a perm is not an option. The ones that feel that they have to have a perm and say negative stuff about nappy hair. Usually i don&#39;t talk to women about hair unless they say something or ask me a question. then i give them my opinion.

if my friend wants to perm that&#39;s fine. i&#39;m against the mindset that nappy hair is bad/inferior/ugly and the only option is to straghten it.

686193



My thoughts exactly! That pretty much sums it up.

caraqueen
01-27-2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by morena23@Jan 24 2005, 03:28 PM
You know what makes me mad? When people see a child with what they consider to be "good" hair and immediately assume that they are something other than black. Or when they see a child with what they consider to be "exotic" features and assume that they are something other than black like black people are excluded from being exceptionally beautiful. I think Black people are the most beautiful people on the planet because of the fact that we come in a spectrum of colors and features. Why do we have to be something other than Black when we have features that don&#39;t fall into what other people ignorantly believe Black people should have. You just GOTTA have some kind of Indian or White in your family to have wavy hair, or you just GOTTA have White in your family if your eyes aren&#39;t brown.... The bad part about it is 9 times out of 10, it is a BLACK person who is doing all this assuming. Why do we always want to limit ourselves. As the Original Man on this planet, we should know that there is no limit to how we can look on the outside.

686808



Ditto.. that works my dayum nerves! :icon_eek13: