PDA

View Full Version : Raliegh, North Carolina stylist

Bushwoman
02-02-2003, 01:15 PM
I am posting this here for any NC Nappies that dont frequent the Nappie Get together forum. (WHICH YOU SHOULD CAUSE THEY ARE PLANNING A FEB EVENT N CHARLOTTE!)

Hey Ladies!
Just wanted to let you know about a stylists in Raliegh that did my hair yesterday. I was very pleased with her work!! Her name is Taji and she is in the Avenue Salon off of Atlantic Ave. PM me if you want her number.

She only does natural hair styles. NO CHEMICALS! I was so happy! Plus she hyped up Ecofaris (sp?) and she said she knew of other natural hair stylist in the area! She was very knowledgeable. I am posting some pics of my hair later on. I am back to locing again.

Hope you laides are having a great weekend.

Rizos
02-03-2003, 08:34 PM
Hi Bushwoman,

Could you tell us how she styled your hair? I'm looking for someone to trim my 4a hair. I have a guy in durham but I hate driving out there. I'm only a few miles from Atlantic so that would be much more convenient.

2curly
02-04-2003, 05:23 PM
Diffanately interested in seeing your pics Bushwoman.

Rizo's ,
The stylist in Durham is really good at trimming and styling or just trimming? Since I live in Durham I would be really interested. PM me if you don't mind giving me his info.

Nubiyan
02-04-2003, 05:40 PM
Hi Rizos~

I'm also interested in your stylist in Durham. I'm at school in Chapel Hill and trying to find someone to do my big chop.

I'll also PM you.

Thanks!

Rizos
02-04-2003, 09:10 PM
Hi ladies, the stylist in Durham is Benjamin at The Body Cafe. The number is 919-493-7900.

He's good at trimming but I'm not really sure about styling. I wear my hair in mostly shake 'n go styles and I find that he messes with it too much so my hair ends up too big. I've seen a few of his white clients and black relaxed clients and their hair looked good. I've never seen him do any natural styles. By the way, he trims my hair while its wet.

Hope this helps.

2curly
02-04-2003, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the info

TeaKyoo
02-08-2003, 04:08 AM
[b]I went to Benjamin for a trim also. He also cut my hair into a wedge. I think he did an excellent job and he does listen and is willing to follow directions (ie no oil no shampoo, he used products I gave etc.) Fairly inexpensive also for a salon stylist. Just another recommendation. You can see pic of the cut in my album under the summer pics.

TQ :wink:

nikkinwren
02-22-2003, 09:43 PM
Hey ladies,

I wanted to tell you about my stylist in Durham. She does natural hair and her own natural hair is very long. Her name is Marcia and she's at the Hair show in Durham off of Martin luther king Blvd. the number is
361-4007 Hope this is the right number. If it isn't write me and I'll post it again.

:P

later ladies

crittle
03-12-2003, 09:31 PM
I have to give a shout out to Taji as well. I just got back from her salon and she did a very good job. I got comb coils. I wasn't sure how it would look since I have about 1 1/2 inches, but she hooked me up. She was also very nice, professional, and the shop was on point!

driven
03-17-2003, 01:04 AM
I am glad to know there are some nappturals in Raleigh; I was getting kind of worried. I am starting to transition (3 months) and my current stylist is not happy about doing napptural styles at all. So I know by June, I need to change to someone who will nourish my hair just as much as I will. Is anyone interested in a napptural get together. If so, let's do it. I would love to meet and hang with other sista's striving to be themselves. Driven

chocol8diva714
03-19-2003, 05:34 AM
YAY!! I'm glad to know there are more natural stylist in the Triangle, I am also a student at UNC, and would like someone ELSE to style my hair!! I do love doing my own hair but, I think getting a professional tris and style might be a little different and hopefully a rewarding experience (don't I sound like a commerical :oops: ?) LOL, but I will look into the recs....

...smooches and blessings :P

2curly
03-22-2003, 02:32 AM
I can't wait to try Taji out! I'm getting tired of holding my hair back with my hair holder.

Bushwoman
03-23-2003, 01:49 PM
Been sorta out of the loop lately or should I say just durn near loopey. Taji retwisted my baby locs about 2.5 weeks ago. Even second time around i am still very happy. i am not sure about trims, sorry , i forgot to ask. But she will know someone that does. I should have some new pics soon.

ndstwin
03-24-2003, 02:27 AM
I am looking a good hair braider in the Durham area in addition to a natural stylist. If you could post a contact and number or pm it to me I would appreciate it. Thanks!