PDA

View Full Version : Dark Knees

candyrain
02-03-2003, 12:44 PM
Does anyone know of a remedy to fade darkened knees. I've tried bleaching creams such as Esoterica and exfoliating to no avail. What else can I do?

MyssTress
02-03-2003, 06:54 PM
Try exfoliating and putting shea butter on the knee daily.

I have had a knee lightening treatment done w/glycolic acid done by an aesthetician. I went to www.sunsetcosmetics.com ...they are located in Oakland, CA & Houston, TX. You can also call them and try to obtain some of their glycolic products.

candyrain
02-03-2003, 07:12 PM
Try exfoliating and putting shea butter on the knee daily.

I have had a knee lightening treatment done w/glycolic acid done by an aesthetician. I went to www.sunsetcosmetics.com ...they are located in Oakland, CA & Houston, TX. You can also call them and try to obtain some of their glycolic products.

Thanks for your response. I don't live in the states but I'm sure there are equivalent services here(London). How much did it cost you? I'd like to know so I can get a good idea of the kind of price I'm likely to be charged. As for the shea butter, I started doing that a few days ago, hopefully I'll see some kind of improvement.

MyssTress
02-04-2003, 12:00 AM
According to their website it's $40 for a knee treatment. For some reason I don't remember paying that much. I could have sworn I paid like $25. They went up from the summer, I guess :?:

The shea butter should be helpful...I've got my fingers crossed for you.

candyrain
02-04-2003, 09:36 AM
Thanks MyssTress :D . I'll start making some enquiries.