PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Natural Stores?

BamaFro
07-13-2003, 05:12 PM
Does anyone know of any naturalistic type stores in Alabama where one could buy the ingredients used to make things like your own shampoo and whatnot? I've been looking but haven't seen any . . . all of the stores around me sell the usual relaxer, headwrap, and curlers type stuff.

I REALLY want to make a lavender shampoo, but I don't know where to go to buy the ingredients (ESPECIALLY a shampoo base; where on earth would I purchase that?).

silvi
07-15-2003, 02:56 AM
In Montgomery, Try "Natural Gourmet" in the Promenade Shopping center; "Healthwise Foods" on Atlanta Highway just down from Eastmont Baptist Church. Also, there are several online sources for natural products.

"Bath and Body Works" in the Malls and in East Chase sells essential oils. Also, for herbs several of the area nurseries and garden centers including "Little Mountain Growers", "Green Thumb", "Lowes", "Home Depot" and "Walmart". have some seasonal herbs or you can get seeds and grow your own.

The Peppertree Shopping center has herbs growing in all there planters, including rosemary, sage, lavender but I don't know what chemicals they use on them!

nottyfreedom
07-15-2003, 03:52 AM
:thumbsup: good question bama!

that info is all very very helpful @ silvi.

peace
notty

BamaFro
07-15-2003, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by silvi@Jul 15 2003, 02:56 AM
In Montgomery, Try "Natural Gourmet" in the Promenade Shopping center; "Healthwise Foods" on Atlanta Highway just down from Eastmont Baptist Church. Also, there are several online sources for natural products.

"Bath and Body Works" in the Malls and in East Chase sells essential oils. Also, for herbs several of the area nurseries and garden centers including "Little Mountain Growers", "Green Thumb", "Lowes", "Home Depot" and "Walmart". have some seasonal herbs or you can get seeds and grow your own.

The Peppertree Shopping center has herbs growing in all there planters, including rosemary, sage, lavender but I don't know what chemicals they use on them!
Whoa, thanks for the suggestions. Much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Now, all I need is a car to get to these places . . . I'm ballin' on a budget, ballin' on a budget. :lol:

BamaFro
07-15-2003, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by silvi@Jul 15 2003, 02:56 AM

Whoa, thanks for the suggestions. Much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Now, all I need is a car to get to these places . . . I'm ballin' on a budget, ballin' on a budget. :lol:

Thanks, notty. Right back atcha. :thumbsup:

lady1gryphon
07-16-2003, 01:39 AM
I am not sure of your location but here is a few located in the Greater Birmingham Area:

Golden Temple in Five Points South Near the fountain

Golden Temple Natural Grocery & Cafe
1901 11th Ave South
Birmingham, AL 35205
205 933 6333

Golden Temple
3309 Lorna Road
Hoover, AL 35216
205 823 7002

I have not been to the Hoover location but do plan to check it out soon.

Honey and Spice located in Trussville on Highway 11/Gasden Highway/Main Street Trussville.

Honey and Spice Health Foods
218 Main Street
Trussville, AL
205 665 0307
877 760 7814

There are a few more listed in the Yellow Pages under Health & Diet Food Products

rozlips
07-16-2003, 01:51 AM
In Huntsville we are awash in health food and natural stores because we have so many Adventists here. Two of my favorites are Pearly Gates, and Foods for Life. Pearly Gates is on the access road between Bob Wallace and the Parkway. Foods for Life is in the little shopping center at Oakwood and the Parkway.

Also, we have a store here called Bodyology, it's owned by a natural sister and she sells the yummiest soaps, lotions creams, etc... made with all natural ingredients. It's at Pulaski Pike between Oakwood and University Drive.