PDA

View Full Version : Is there an alternative to Sta Sof Fro ?

Knottygal
02-03-2003, 03:03 PM
I have a TWA.

I like the effects of Sta Sof Fro. I don't like the jherri curl juice scent or the stickyness of it or the oil I see on my hands after I touch it.

I must say it makes my hair nice and soft but is there anything else thats just as good ?

Twistie74
02-03-2003, 03:57 PM
I wish I could say yes, but when I had my fro, that's all I used :)

thighslikewhat
02-03-2003, 04:16 PM
Why dont you try making your own styling aid

-glycerin
-water
_favorite leave in (optional)

The secret is to not put too much glycerin or you will have the after effects you get with the sta-sof

Hope this helps :)

Ladybug
02-03-2003, 10:29 PM
For the longest, I thought I couldnt live without my Sta-Sof-Fro. Then one day I went to the store and they were out of it and I didnt feel like running around town for it, so I ended up with Care Free Curl Gold moisturizer spray. I have to say, it is good. And it basically does the same thing the StaSofFro does.

ajargon
02-06-2003, 02:57 PM
:lol: ya I like it too,but hate that funky build up.I mix some bottled h2o,sta-so-fro,eo,suave coconut conditioner,m-o-m.It really leaves my hair soft,smelling good,w/out the build up! Try making your own mix and see just what you come up with!

SusieMae
02-06-2003, 09:30 PM
I use the Care Free Curl Gold lotion. Haven't tried the spray. It doesn't leave my hair sticky unless I use too much, even then it soaks in eventually. I usually use an amount about the size of a nickle or a little smaller. I use it almost every day. I try to wash once a week and don't get buildup in that amount of time. But, if I don't wash weekly it does start getting sticky by the end of the 2nd week - yuk.

SusieMae

godivabap
02-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Dark and Lovely Citrus Braid and sheen spray is WONDERFUL! It is light and has a great citrusy smell that is not overpowering. I plan on buying a tiny spritz bottle so that I can take it with me wherever I go.