PDA

View Full Version : Manchurian Candidate

NLight1
02-13-2005, 03:47 AM
I'm super late in seeing this movie. I rented it the other day and it just made me think a lot. There are a lot of bogus and devious things I think our government does and it pisses me off.

With that said, I was wondering if anyone else saw this movie. If so, what do you think? Do you think our goverment is capable of something like that? What kind of schemes do you think our government has cococted and gotten away with?

I don't know, we are just living in dangerous and scary times and it just made me think about the government. All viewpoints are welcome on this.

Thanks

nottyfreedom
02-13-2005, 03:49 AM
nooo i dont. research the evidence presented in the movie and u'll find too many parallels in life.

notty

Shanna
02-13-2005, 04:31 AM
I just saw it last weekend. I was creeped out too.. like "This could be going on right now!" I'd say our government is very capable of stunts like that...

Hartu
02-13-2005, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by NLight1@Feb 12 2005, 09:47 PM
...What kind of schemes do you think our government has cococted and gotten away with?...

Come on now, we only get 10 pages (for a topic), right?

zaysbaby
02-13-2005, 07:04 AM
I saw it last weekend too..............

No, I don't trust the GOV'T.

Peaches
02-13-2005, 07:05 AM
I knew of this guy who was discharged from the military and diagnosed with bipolar disorder. He wasn't working after they discharged him. He was getting a LOT of money from the military and was relatively young, in his mid 30s, and was able to buy a very nice house. His family said that this same thing had happened to him (the thought erasing/mind-control thing). Personally I thought he was just a crackhead since he stayed high all the time, but I did always wonder why the government was giving him all that money.

LOCSOFAST
02-14-2005, 03:35 PM
un fortunately it takes a movie to be "remade" in order for us to think on these levels... tactical evasion, circumventing, and subversion has been the basis of our government even from day one.... "why have a secret meeting to decide the inner workings and basis of our government diluted and illuminated at the same time in a document that a linguistical genuis has to translate its ambivalence...?" why so few to decide these constitutional standards" why it that even today it is so hard to determine what the aim of "the fore-fathers" was?...

it is almost like creating a "RE-LIGION" (which literally means to hold back, to bind, a people)

vinny_46
02-14-2005, 09:24 PM
I haven't seen the film yet. But I don't trust our government, that's for sure.
You should do a poll.

myshair
02-14-2005, 09:30 PM
In a word, no.

Sacral
02-15-2005, 03:38 AM
Our Government does things like this and much worse. Under the guise of policy they try to make legal. If whatever they do is illegal, even by international law (U.N., ect....) They do it anyway.

As one friend who works for one of the undercover/less well known sectors of the government that deals with foreign policy......" Well, it's the way of the world. You wouldn't live the way you do as an American if we didn't do these things to get resources"

We were discussing (debating) the reason behind inserting dictators in smaller governments, which the U.S. has done for over half a century now.

- Sacral

vicchnu
02-15-2005, 12:57 PM
I have had the misfortune of knowing exactly what the gov't will do through (dating a man who was a part of going to counties to operate gorrilla wars), Have seen personally that the gov't also lie will still your life, so no i don't trust them and i advise others not too.

2curly
02-16-2005, 01:59 PM
Oh heck yeah this goverment is crooked as hell. Lies Lies Lies all the dam time.

I saw the Manchurian Candidate, read the book too.

Maybe a napptural in the Military can better inform me of this point.
I was told that when you sign to go into the Military that you also sign your rights away so to speak.(not the same as an civilian)

They can do what they want. i.e. practice medical procedures without knowledge, experimental etc.

Artsyblack
02-17-2005, 10:28 PM
Enemy Of The State pretty much sums it up. Next time you watch it, pay close attention to the politician on the televsion speaking about terroist and building falling down. Also, the date of birth of the politician who had the judge killed. His DOB 9/11. This filmed was made 2 or 3 years prior the so-called terrorist attacks.

Is it the "governement" or is it Corporate America who is in control of everything?

I heard that corporate companies now own US military branches. The reason why america troops are occupying most of the world. They're pretty much working to protect AMERICAN CORPORATE interest, not americans. Most politicians who make up the "government" have corporate ties and use the system to positon themselves or corporations (medical, pharmecudical ( sp?), science labs, advance technology, food industries etc) to gain control, wealth and power. Will do ANYTHING to gain it.

chocolatekss
02-17-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Artsyblack@Feb 17 2005, 05:28 PM
Enemy Of The State pretty much sums it up. Next time you watch it, pay close attention to the politician on the televsion speaking about terroist and building falling down. Also, the date of birth of the politician who had the judge killed. His DOB 9/11. This filmed was made 2 or 3 years prior the so-called terrorist attacks.

Is it the "governement" or is it Corporate America who is in control of everything?

I heard that corporate companies now own US military branches. The reason why america troops are occupying most of the world. They're pretty much working to protect AMERICAN CORPORATE interest, not americans. Most politicians who make up the "government" have corporate ties and use the system to positon themselves or corporations (medical, pharmecudical ( sp?), science labs, advance technology, food industries etc) to gain control, wealth and power. Will do ANYTHING to gain it.

:smil3f72836ee752e: couldn't have said it better

dream6
02-18-2005, 04:59 AM
The movie was a sleeper, meaning I couldn't stay awake! It was so boring. I'm sure that the gov't is capable of such treachery, and it probably is so real that they buried it in a really awful movie. I like Denzel, but this was not his shining hour...........

NLight1
02-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Artsyblack@Feb 17 2005, 04:28 PM

I'm glad you mentioned this as well and I remember when I saw Enemy of the State when it came out, I was like whoa. Dang, its some messed up ish happening (of course it's been happening) and is there anything we can do about it?

tran68
02-18-2005, 04:21 PM
absolutely not! My bf purchased Smart Tags for our cars and the other nite I was like "what if there's a tracking device embedded in this thang??" we both kinda looked at each other and thought it could actually be true! :(