PDA

View Full Version : Suzan-lori Parks

BamaFro
07-16-2003, 03:33 PM
This woman's book just came out on the scene (check it out on Cushcity's hot off the press list) (http://www.cushcity.com/) and she's already on the cover of "Poets & Writers" magazine for the July/August 2003 edition with her beautiful, long locs ! ! !

Check it out on newsstands! :rainfro:

Has anyone had a chance to read this book yet? I heard it was full of a trifflin' daughter trying to get some jewelry off her dead mother. :nohuh: Now that's wild.

ereshkigal
08-05-2003, 07:34 AM
I just finished reading this book two days ago and I liked it very much. I thought it was an original, well-developed story and her writing flowed well. Overall it was an enjoyable read. I had really wanted to make it to New York to see her award-winning Topdog/Underdog while it was still running but never did...I think Ms. Parks will be a writer to look out for in coming years. :thumbsup:

SusieMae
08-05-2003, 10:17 PM
This is a great summertime read. :thumbsup: Fast paced, interesting & well developed characters, stuff to make you laugh and stuff to piss you off. Yea, she's going to get her mothers jewlery but don't judge her until you read it - which I recommend you do.