PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy Your Hair Challenge

ava1
02-14-2005, 09:06 PM
After seeing so many posts about length and protective hair challenges (in order to get length) I thought I'd issue my own challenge to nappies--ENJOY YOUR HAIR.

It sounds easy but do you really do it?

Before anyone gets all riled up I don't think there is ANYTHING wrong with wanting longer hair. I myself could not wait until my hair was a certain length.

But when I look back at old pics I feel I did my self a disservice sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I loved my naps but I sometimes wonder if I could really enjoy them to the fullest by concentrating so much on the future and what they would look like then. I mean when I got my twa I honestly liked the "freedom"(i.e. no woories about rain, etc.) more than I liked the look. Now when I see my old pics I really think I looked cute. Now I'm not saying I would go back(at least not now I like experimenting with styles too much) BUT I wish I had embraced/enjoyed that stage of my journey more.

Can anybody relate?

muchfaith
02-17-2005, 10:06 AM
Ava,

I agree with you. Right now I am so caught up with growing a spot back that I haven't taken the time to nuture the rest of my head, thanks girl !

MoniqueA
02-19-2005, 06:30 AM
I just stay with my twa.
I love it, and my husband loves it on me! :)

curlycaramel80
02-19-2005, 04:01 PM
Sometimes I'd get aggravated when I couldn't acheive a certain style with my hair. Now, I have learned to accept my hair and try not to demand too much of it. I find that it is more cooperative now! :-)