PDA

View Full Version : Cottage Cheese...... Or ..(cellulite)...

AngelaDavis
02-19-2005, 10:39 PM
Hey ya'll
I'm 15 and I've noticed that a lot of teen my age are getting cellulite..and I'm terrified to get it..especially with me being young.... Does anyone hear have it? Cause I think I have a little bit, but you can't see it unless I'm wearing daisy dukes..... Its up high on the back of my leg ( pretty much under my butt).... how can i get rid of it? I already work out...Pilates...and I dance... Help me out.....

Artsyblack
02-20-2005, 12:33 AM
Well hello Ms. 15 year old Angela Davis,

It's good that you are taking notice of your body ( for the better) at such a young age.

In my opinion, cellulite comes from foods high in (bad) fats. Carbs and complex carbs (pasta, white breads, white rice, potatos etc), fried foods and sweets. If you cut out or cut down on this stuff, your cellulite will disappear. And also lack of exercise.

I've always been thin but still managed to get it on my inner thighs. Once I cut out all dairy products ( l was a cheese cake junkie) it pretty much disappeared.
Nowadays I don't get it unless I consume more pasta than I should.

Back in the day, that used to be called baby fat and once we reached our 20's it was pretty much melted away. These days, it could be something in the food ( what I call body fat preservatives) that will stay with you for a long time.

Just monitor your eating habits and keep up the physical activities.

p.s. I remember hearing years ago that you couldn't get rid of cellulite. Not true at all.

Ariana K
02-22-2005, 12:58 AM
*meekly raises hand* Me, too. I'm 17, and basically all of mine is due to lack of exercise. Like the person above me said, diet (not dietING, just a diet change) helps immensely. And don't forget the exercise. ^_^

bbrown
02-22-2005, 01:15 AM
It is hereditary too...I was just reading a web page about it..it said something like 85% of women have it. Good news is you can get rid of it with proper diet and exercise. If you lose some of your fat and build up the musle..it will disappear.