PDA

View Full Version : Under Eye Concealer

teekydawg
02-20-2005, 05:50 PM
So if I don't wear foundation but I'd like camo for my dark under eye circles, what works?

Thanx....

mom_is_queen
02-20-2005, 05:58 PM
You can't wear concealer without foundation......you would be uneven and look like you have raccoon eyes. There has to be a foundation to blend it in.

linn
02-20-2005, 06:50 PM
MAC Select Cover-Up is good and so is Prescriptives Camouflage Cream is good. Both come in a small tube and are more a liquid than solid cream. IMO, you can wear concealer without foundation if you blend, blend, blend and get a color that has the right undertone. Actually, a lot of makeup artist suggest using concealer only if you have relatively smooth even-toned skin. The trick is to blend and maybe use a loose powder to set and create a polished look.

Sugarshoc
02-20-2005, 06:52 PM
I use MAC concealer and a powder to set it. I don't use foundation at all.

mom_is_queen
02-20-2005, 11:15 PM
I forgot about loose powder.......I stand corrected :)

femmefatales
02-20-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Sugarshoc@Feb 20 2005, 02:52 PM
I use MAC concealer and a powder to set it. I don't use foundation at all.

Me too.

Teekydawg
From the newest Essence magazine.

Make sure the color you select is warm never cool or pale. And contrary to most makeup artists' advice, don't go two or three shades lighter. This is reality, not a photo session. Stay within the range of your skin tone and go no more than one shade lighter, especially if you're trying to conceal dark circles or ruddiness around the mouth.

AKAHLF
02-21-2005, 07:02 PM
I use MAC's concealer in the pot and this stuff works better than any under-eye concealer I've ever used, and I have really dark circles.

I use a concealer brush (you don't have to) and I apply on the upper lid as well. I blend very well and use my MAC studio fix foundation powder and a powder brush to kind of set the look. I only use this around the eye area b/c my skin is clear and even toned everyplace else.

Good luck with finding what works for you!

watercolorz
02-21-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by AKAHLF@Feb 21 2005, 02:02 PM
I use MAC's concealer in the pot and this stuff works better than any under-eye concealer I've ever used, and I have really dark circles.

I use a concealer brush (you don't have to) and I apply on the upper lid as well. I blend very well and use my MAC studio fix foundation powder and a powder brush to kind of set the look. I only use this around the eye area b/c my skin is clear and even toned everyplace else.

Good luck with finding what works for you!

Co-signing AKAHLF I too have VERY dark circles and MAC is the only concealer that I will use, that little pot last forever. I also use the brush to apply and blend, then set with powder… but I use MAC select tint spf 15 (a tinted moisturizer… really light) first to even out my skin then concealer. I usually use bronzer or sheer powder to set but using the studio fix with a brush sounds like something I would like to try… good luck girl, hope this helps. ~W

RoseBurnt
03-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Yes, MAC Select Cover-Up is VERY VERY GOOD!