PDA

View Full Version : A napptural Magazine

lovinblackness
02-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Has anyone seen this? Any subscribers that an talk about it?

http://www.naturallyyoumagazine.com/

QueenLocks
02-23-2005, 02:07 PM
Yes, I love it! Pics of all Napptural Styles, and not a bunch of chemical-based product ads. Great Pics, Great Articles! Worth checking out.

Hajirah
02-24-2005, 02:11 PM
I love this I got to get this magazine..*counting my change* :2cents:

mochalocks
03-03-2005, 01:20 AM
cool..I might check this out.

Taqwa
03-03-2005, 03:10 PM
I have got to get a subscription to this!!
Thanks for sharing the 411

beja
03-04-2005, 05:22 PM
:lol: I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo glad you put that info out. I just began my transitioning stage Im preparing to take out my braids and I went to the mag stand in Walmart last night. Well, in hopes of finding a braid magazine with some natural styles to give me some ideas of where to go now , before the big chop. Not one mag including "Black Hair" advertised a beautiful black female that I could look in the mirror and relate to. It unexpectantly upset me. Before I knew it was reviewing the entire stand, NOTHING. Yeah there are some great ladies gracing the covers this month, A. Keys, Mary j. Blidge, Operah but the companies have airbrushed their beauty so much that at first glance they look white the only magazine that showed a African American women looking as though she was African American was "ESSENCE' the actress Gabriel Union, I think that's her name . This issue upset me so much that I am preparing letters to some popular African Americans who's voices make things happen. I was just wondering what happen to the "Sista 2 Sista", "Honey", "Black Business Magazine", the type of magazines that I should'nt have to go to the "hood or ghetto, as they say" to find. A magazine that represents me and my culture, my inner and outer beauty, my wide nose and full lips. Especially when all of us don't live in the hood and ghetto. Wish me luck and keep out an ear. " I didnt know it wasn't okay to be black anymore". Anyway thats great i plan to have these magazines sent to me a.s.a.p. :afro:

uzuri
03-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Queenli19@Feb 23 2005, 04:07 PM
Yes, I love it! Pics of all Napptural Styles, and not a bunch of chemical-based product ads. Great Pics, Great Articles! Worth checking out.

I just wanted to ask how big is it? Does it have lots of pics? :afro: