PDA

View Full Version : News Info -who Do You Choose?

alma2254
02-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Which news network do you listen amd trust most to get your info on current affairs?

Or do you not go to mainstream news networks?

Are you not fussed or do you listen to all and make up your own mind?

Is all news skewed(sp?) to a certain direction in your view?

Which news do you look out for most in your interest (politics, health, international, local....)?

Comments/Info?

I was doing my rounds on the internet for news and came across Al-Jazeera's conspiracy page (http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi%2Dbin/conspiracy%5Ftheory/) :unsure: , what you see on one channel might be different to another, and bits tend to go missing on different times of the day for time convenience -- I think by far BBC is my best choice but I prefer to see different channels of info to make up my own mind on things.

Lokii
02-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Which news network do you listen amd trust most to get your info on current affairs?

None. I read it online. This allows me to be my own news editor instead of following what news networks think I should know.

Or do you not go to mainstream news networks?

No. See above.

Are you not fussed or do you listen to all and make up your own mind?

I'm pretty good at reading and analyzing what I read.

Is all news skewed(sp?) to a certain direction in your view?

Yes it's slanted to appeal to a core audience targeted by the news programme or publication. News media isn't not for profit work so this is to be expected.

Which news do you look out for most in your interest (politics, health, international, local....)?

International and African news. I'm more interested in human interest stories - I glance over political info but I don't follow it closely - it's the same ole b.s. wherever you go. This is a good place to start for African news - afrol.com. I'm very bad about following local news.

ScoobyGurl
02-22-2005, 01:17 AM
The only TV news I watch is The Newshour with Jim Lehrer and Sunday talk shows that come on PBS. I sorta read the NY Times although I don't really trust it as much I use since those recent scandals. Most news is complete bs. I mainly keep up with politics and policy since that is my love :wub: