PDA

View Full Version : And Today's Afterschool Special.. Lil' Pimp!

Peaches
03-03-2005, 10:13 PM
So I'm reading the paper online (http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/2174387p-8555411c.html)and run across this story about a new animated video thats' selling like hotcakes, and I can't believe I'm reading this..

http://www.newsobserver.com/images/xtq_photos/2005-1/xtq_20050303-images/reg-823129-498597.jpg

Here's what the movie's about...

"When a young boy discovers that he doesn't fit in with the other kids at school and doesn't relate to his mother, he finds a home with the city's pimps and ho's. Lil' Pimp's new life is endangered by the city's scheming mayor. Unless the mayor can be exposed for the crook that he is, the playground and the ghetto surrounding it will be transformed into a golf course and Lil' Pimp will be forced to return to the horrors of life in suburbia."

What the hell are Bernie Mac and William Shatner doing having a part in this mess? I'm surprised at both of their azzes. They need to be ashamed.

:angry:

Taqwa
03-03-2005, 10:18 PM
I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS ISH!!!

charli
03-03-2005, 10:28 PM
What the hell are Bernie Mac and William Shatner doing having a part in this mess

That's exactly what I thought. But then I said, maybe I can't read or something.

rozlips
03-03-2005, 10:30 PM
Somebody please tell me this is a satire, a parody or something!!!

tjolims
03-03-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by rozlips@Mar 3 2005, 04:30 PM

With Ludacris & Lil Kim as headliners? I doubt it, seriously...

Shanna
03-04-2005, 12:18 AM
:shocker: :icon_headshake:

CatSuga
03-04-2005, 12:45 AM
:icon_headshake: I bet Dr. King is rolling over in his grave.
This is complete BS!!!!

swingbolder
03-04-2005, 01:04 AM

I saw that DVD in Blockbuster a few days ago.

Sometimes I'll just walk up and down the new releases aisle at Blockbuster tripping out at all the black movies bc they are usually so stereotypical and ghetto. The worst one I saw recently was one with John Amos called "The Watermelon Heist." It was like something out of the minstrel show days, the cover had all these wide-eyed cooning negroes grinning over a big old watermelon.

PrincessDrRe
03-04-2005, 02:58 AM
Well alrighty....

godslady
03-04-2005, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Mar 3 2005, 03:13 PM
So I'm reading the paper online (http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/2174387p-8555411c.html)and run across this story about a new animated video thats' selling like hotcakes, and I can't believe I'm reading this..
http://www.newsobserver.com/images/xtq_photos/2005-1/xtq_20050303-images/reg-823129-498597.jpg

Here's what the movie's about...
What the hell are Bernie Mac and William Shatner doing having a part in this mess? I'm surprised at both of their azzes. They need to be ashamed.

:angry:

I'm hurt. This is pure madness!!
:icon_headshake:

Button2004
03-04-2005, 02:09 PM
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/mad/3/mad43.gif

ScoobyGurl
03-04-2005, 02:53 PM
I don't even know what to say anymore. I see so much stupidity from Black Entertainers. I saw this last night and I wasn't even shocked. I'm afraid I'm becoming numb :unsure: .

Ameka
03-04-2005, 03:09 PM
um

Neosoul
03-04-2005, 03:25 PM
This is a sign that parents, teachers, families really need to take control of what our children are exposed to. Television is not an effective baby-sitter; it's not even good for entertainment.

One way we can contribute in banning this type of mess, is to not support it. It's going to take a little extra effort, but this kind of crap is more than indicative that we need to start taking our children to cultural events/shows/exhibits geared towards growth; spend real time with them; invest in educational shows (even if it means we have to buy the DVDS) rather than subject them to this kind of crap.

Lil Pimp huh...how much lower can black entertainment get?

mstnt
03-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by swingbolder@Mar 3 2005, 08:04 PM
I saw that DVD in Blockbuster a few days ago.

Sometimes I'll just walk up and down the new releases aisle at Blockbuster tripping out at all the black movies bc they are usually so stereotypical and ghetto. The worst one I saw recently was one with John Amos called "The Watermelon Heist." It was like something out of the minstrel show days, the cover had all these wide-eyed cooning negroes grinning over a big old watermelon.

IA, I lost ALOT of respect I had for John Amos and the other black acotrs when I saw that piece of trash in blockbuster,

We really need to start PROTESTING like in the '60s, Our race is sliding further and further downhill, Hell the way we goin' we'll be back on the plantation literally-Sistas we need to do like the women in rwanda and start the groundwork OURSELVES.

emerald06
03-04-2005, 07:21 PM
One step forward, ten steps back. This is ridiculous. Who is putting up the f***ing money for this ish? I came out of the Danny Glover production company thread all happy and now this!

caraqueen
03-05-2005, 06:04 PM
I am not surprised by any of this.... the unfortunate part is that there will be many black folks breaking their neck to watch this kind of stuff and don&#39;t see a problem with their children watching this garbage. <_<

brokgrad
03-05-2005, 06:23 PM
I can&#39;t believe someone financed such trash... :icon_headshake:

mrandmrsmer
03-05-2005, 06:24 PM
Dam. :huh: :icon_headshake:

kikicoily
03-06-2005, 12:21 AM
I had heard about this dumb movie a couple of weeks ago. The sad thing is that they showed Lil Pimp to a test audience, I believe in LA, and the entire audience walked out on it. Yet, they went ahead with distribution!! The producers are two white guys from Colorado who have no idea about what goes on in urban neighborhoods - they just capitalize on and reinforce stereotypes.

Button2004
03-06-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by kikicoily@Mar 5 2005, 08:21 PM
I had heard about this dumb movie a couple of weeks ago. The sad thing is that they showed Lil Pimp to a test audience, I believe in LA, and the entire audience walked out on it. Yet, they went ahead with distribution!! The producers are two white guys from Colorado who have no idea about what goes on in urban neighborhoods - they just capitalize on and reinforce stereotypes.

I am glad they walked out and sickened by the fact that they still went on with the movie.

cristalena
03-06-2005, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by kikicoily@Mar 6 2005, 01:21 AM
The producers are two white guys from Colorado who have no idea about what goes on in urban neighborhoods - they just capitalize on and reinforce stereotypes.

Are the producers Matt and Trey of South Park fame? If so, I can see this being a satire in the spirit of that show.

watercolorz
03-06-2005, 11:05 AM
Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com
Lil&#39; Pimp is the kind of feature-length cartoon that gives Bill Cosby nightmares while gathering a cult following in the hip-hop community. It&#39;s the kind of crude, outrageous, and utterly tasteless entertainment that makes conservatives cringe and liberals reconsider the right to free speech. It also happens to be subversively funny enough to qualify as a guilty pleasure, if you can gear into the sheer kitsch of its animated story, in which an innocent, small-town white kid helps a hooker-in-distress (voice of Lil&#39; Kim), hooks up with her pimp (Bernie Mac), learns the rules of pimpin&#39; ("A pimp must possess style, must defend his turf, and has gotta turn out a square lady"), and foils the plot of a corrupt mayor (William Shatner, having fun while slummin&#39; it) who wants to monopolize the pimpin&#39; game. If it had the irreverent intelligence of South Park, this in-yo&#39;-face adult cartoon might&#39;ve been an urban classic. Instead it&#39;s just a juvenile romp with impressive hip-hop street-cred, not to mention fart jokes, lots of booty-licious ho&#39;s, a foul-mouthed ferret (Ludacris), and an incorruptible hero who makes Huggy Bear look like a rank amateur. It&#39;s no surprise this went straight-to-video, but it&#39;s guaranteed to get some props by its obvious target audience. --Jeff Shannon

I bet that every suburban white college kid has a copy of this ish… as a matter of fact I know one who says that he’ll lend me his but I gotta give it back before he leaves at the end of Easter break… so I’ll actually get an opportunity to see how shamed I should be. :huh: ~W

Peaches
03-08-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by watercolorz@Mar 6 2005, 08:05 AM

I bet that every suburban white college kid has a copy of this ish… as a matter of fact I know one who says that he’ll lend me his but I gotta give it back before he leaves at the end of Easter break… so I’ll actually get an opportunity to see how shamed I should be.* :huh: ~W

Thanks for that review WC.. it was on point. That&#39;s exactly why this type of stuff is bafoonery.. it&#39;s white kids who are buying it and watching it.

Instead it&#39;s just a juvenile romp with impressive hip-hop street-cred, not to mention fart jokes, lots of booty-licious ho&#39;s, a foul-mouthed ferret (Ludacris), and an incorruptible hero who makes Huggy Bear look like a rank amateur. It&#39;s no surprise this went straight-to-video, but it&#39;s guaranteed to get some props by its obvious target audience.

Bernie Mac needs to have his azz whipped.

leshapesha03
03-08-2005, 10:30 PM
I heard about it and I thought it was a joke! Then I found out it was a real movie! I was shocked! No, shocked is an understatement

Chlyric Images
03-08-2005, 10:47 PM
I guess this is the black answer to such white diddies as *Dude where&#39;s my car" and" Bill and Ted&#39;s Excellent Adventure"

charli
03-08-2005, 11:18 PM
Bill and Ted&#39;s Excellent Adventure

How dare you defile such a classic American movie by comparing it to this animated trash.

I heart Keanu Reeves. He has made an incredible amount of money and has achieved great fame for a person who is a worse actor than C3PO.

Laluna
03-09-2005, 01:02 AM
It&#39;s silly, just like Beavis and Butthead was. I&#39;ve come to the place where I&#39;m not owing any shame cause of what some of us do. Hey, they have the right to express their comedic creativity, no matter how witless and tired it may be.

And who knows, it might even be funny :dunno:

ReddyLoques
03-09-2005, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Laluna@Mar 8 2005, 08:02 PM
It&#39;s silly, just like Beavis and Butthead was. I&#39;ve come to the place where I&#39;m not owing any shame cause of what some of us do. Hey, they have the right to express their comedic creativity, no matter how witless and tired it may be.

And who knows, it might even be funny :dunno:

It sure in the hellz wuz funny.. I rented it about a month ago.. I watched it with my gyrl and we laughed our butts off.. :lol: