PDA

View Full Version : Please Read

SweeTaya
03-07-2005, 08:33 PM
Okay, I am a Black female in the U.S. Marine Corps. I say that to say there are not a lot of people that look and think like me around me. I have a thick, nappy TWA. Growing up I was the nappy headed dark skin girl who was afraid to smile cause I had dark gums. I had people saying all kinds of things during my transition period, including my mother who I love, but I stuck in there. I got to a point in my life where I had to be happy with me cause I've been suicidal and had the lowest of low self-esteem. You have to be comfortable with yourself. And I thank this site and the many people on it for helping me get there with my hair. I just wanted to put that out there to everybody cause I think this website is so cool. It crazy that we need this but there are so many people here ready to help each other with just about anything and that's wonderful to me. Thanks ladies.

QueenLocks
03-07-2005, 09:10 PM
:pop: You're Welcome!

Nappalonia
03-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Yep! NP is about so much more than just hair!

poochie247
03-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by SweeTaya@Mar 7 2005, 04:33 PM
Okay, I am a Black female in the U.S. Marine Corps. I say that to say there are not a lot of people that look and think like me around me. I have a thick, nappy TWA. Growing up I was the nappy headed dark skin girl who was afraid to smile cause I had dark gums. I had people saying all kinds of things during my transition period, including my mother who I love, but I stuck in there. I got to a point in my life where I had to be happy with me cause I've been suicidal and had the lowest of low self-esteem. You have to be comfortable with yourself. And I thank this site and the many people on it for helping me get there with my hair. I just wanted to put that out there to everybody cause I think this website is so cool. It crazy that we need this but there are so many people here ready to help each other with just about anything and that's wonderful to me. Thanks ladies.

i agree. i love this site. whenever i feel like things are closing in on me i log on and it all goes away. so much love and acceptance here and yes, it extends beyond the love of nappy hair.

you are beautiful girl. never forget that and never forget that when it all seems like it's too much to bear God loves you just as you are.

naturalmd
03-09-2005, 03:46 AM
Wow, getting a hard time while serving your country...you are a treasure. If it makes you feel any better, I grew up light-skinned with long hair and pink gums and kids were cruel to me for that, too. My lips were too big, my forhead to large, blah, blah, blah. My father had to assure me I was not an alien when I came home crying from elementary and middle school. Hard to believe, but if people see a chink in the armour, they work on finding a way into your heart and to snuff out your flame and spirit.

PS Those same people I found out were jealous or trying to get my attention and now they can't have even a blink of an eye from me. Hold your head up high! As a Marine, you are one tough cookie and plenty of men could not walk a mile in your shoes. This site is a beautiful thing for several reasons. You are just as beautiful if you only believe it!