PDA

View Full Version : Hey has anyone ever seen curly perm process kits for...

nubian indigo
02-04-2003, 07:02 PM
white girls (children)? I have seen (like we all of course) kiddie relaxers for little black girls. But I can't ever remember seeing kiddie perms for little white girls. I am truly curious to find out...I wonder :?:

Has anyone seen one?

Wendy
02-04-2003, 10:24 PM
Although these kiddie relaxers are geared towards black children I'm sure a white child could use them too. Not quite sure why they would want to. I say this because I have known a couple of white women that have used "black" relaxers to straighten their hair. I'm pretty sure that it's just as damaging to their hair as ours.

nubian indigo
02-05-2003, 12:50 AM
Yes, I too have known women (hispanic) that relax their hair with products geared towards blacks to get it straigter than it already was. Even though it was very straight to begin with.

What I really mean is curly perm geared towards young girls, to curl up straight hair. Any sort of chemical hair anything...to actually & drastically change the structure of thier hair.

Curious...

rockinlocs
02-05-2003, 01:18 AM
I've never seen any permanent specifically for children on the market.

SassyDiva
02-10-2003, 06:15 PM
Ive never seem any but there are probally some out there.

MuthaErth
02-11-2003, 03:47 AM
i have never seen any at the stores, beauty supplys, or drug stores i frequent, nor have i seen such an item advertised.
now "Just for Me" had a commercial, a lil catchy toon and i saw items similar to that in magazines. interesting post....

amalah9
02-15-2003, 04:51 PM
I haven't seen a perm for little white girls. The only thing I see advertised is these special 'U' shaped rollers that the little white girls can twists their hair around to achieve 'That Curly Perm Look'.

naturalmystic
02-15-2003, 05:12 PM
I haven't seen curly perms advertised for white children. The cold hard truth is that it's only us African American folks who so hate the natural texture of our hair that we will subject even our children to harsh, dangerous chemicals to achieve a look that we were never meant to have. What mother do you know who would actually risk chemically burning her child's scalp just for a hair style? It sickens me that African American mothers do it every day, even while the child cries, "It's burning, it's burning!" Same goes for pressing combs. Sad, but true. :cry:

- Peace & Love (and freedom from the burn)