PDA

View Full Version : The Spirituality Of Locs

ShekinahSoul
07-27-2003, 06:59 AM
I have read many times about the spiritual nature of locs. Many people loc for spiritual reasons and I’ve read about the locs of Samson and about the sect of Hebrews who did not allow a razor to come to their heads, I’m reading the photo book Dreads and the stories many of loc wearers from around the world tell of the spiritual nature of their locs. All of this has me pondering exactly what is this spiritual connection. I have met people with long locs down to their butt and they have an innocence about them that is spiritual. They have a peace about them. Something about a person’s energy when they let their locs grow past the “accepted” length to where you truly have long locs down to your butt. I can’t explain it. But I sense it. Their energy is of a purer form.

Anybody here with very long locs who can give some insight into the spiritual nature of locs?

marq's mom
07-27-2003, 07:19 AM
that is a very good quesion; something i've often wondered myself...

naturalsystah
08-11-2003, 10:19 PM
bump

Twistednkinky
08-12-2003, 10:19 PM
Bump....I too am interested in hearing from those of you who are loced and the spiritual connection.

Artsyblack
08-14-2003, 08:40 PM
I'm having trouble finding other book references that goes more into this subject.

Hope this will give you a little more insight.

http://www.ibiblio.org/nge/blacked/b12.html

Notice the comparisions with the seashell, helix (DNA symbol) and the universe spiral. The Kemetian had a saying "as above, so below". They understood that everything on/in and including the earth is the micro of the macro (universe).

It's deeply amazing ;)

Twistednkinky
08-27-2003, 08:18 PM
The link that you posted says:

404 FILE NOT FOUND
Auê! (oops!) The page you are looking for is no longer on ibiblio.org or has been moved

Would you be able to post the article? It definitely seems like a worthy read! :thumbsup:

Artsyblack
08-27-2003, 08:32 PM
Opps

Sorry bout that.

http://www.ibiblio.org/nge/blacked/bl2.html