PDA

View Full Version : Militant Blacks

CatSuga
03-10-2005, 08:17 AM
Khalid Abdul Muhammad (January 12, 1948-February 17, 2001) was an extremely controversial spokesperson for the Nation of Islam (NOI). He was famous for his inflammatory remarks against whites and Jews. Unlike other prominent NOI members, Muhammad openly admitted he was anti-semitic and never turned down an opportunity to express his unpopular views, which his supporters saw as "telling the truth".
After an notorious speech at Kean College in Union, New Jersey, Muhammad left the NOI in 1993. There is some question as to whether he was removed from the organization by Louis Farrakhan or if his departure was on his own accord.
James Bess, a former NOI member, shot Muhammad at an event in 1994. Muhammad himself believed the shooting was a part of a conspiracy against him.
In 1998 Muhammad founded the New Black Panther Party (NBPP) in response to the murder of James Byrd in Jasper, TX. This group is well known for their vehement public appearances and school board disruptions. While several groups have called for "the right to self-determination" and even separatism, some believe that the NBPP's provocative brand of Black nationalism undermines other civil rights efforts. The NBPP has been denounced by many of the original Black Panthers, who successfully sued the group in an effort to prevent them from using the Panther name. [1] (http://www.lubbockonline.com/news/051897/group.htm) This same year, Muhammad organized the Million Youth March in Harlem in which 6,000 people participated. The march was called to protest police brutality. It featured a range of speakers that called for the extermination of whites in South Africa and ended in scuffles with the police as Muhammad urged the crowd to attack the police if they attempted to take away their guns. Chairs and bottles were thrown at the police but only a few injuries were reported. On a side note, Reverend Al Sharpton appeared at this event and was criticized later for taking part in its controversial rhetoric. This became an annual event but was less popular as time progressed.
In 2000, Muhammad's beliefs were introduced to an completely new demographic when it was revealed that one of the contestants on the American television show Big Brother was formerly a member of the NBPP. In the press Muhammad even criticized the cast member, Will "Mega" Collins (formerly Hiram Ashantee), for complimenting a white woman and appearing semi-nude in a bathroom with a clothed white woman. [2] (http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/big_brother/2000_Jul_21_wills_inhouse)
Muhammad died of a brain aneurysm in Atlanta, Georgia.

Khalid Muhammad Speech mp3 (http://www.solargeneral.com/av/DrKhalidMuhammed.mp3)

rzashida
03-10-2005, 08:58 AM
Wow.. I am speechless he harbored a lot of hate.

CatSuga
03-10-2005, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by rzashida@Mar 10 2005, 03:58 AM

Harboring that much hate would cause my head to explode.

Damn, he did die of an aneurysm :icon_eek13:

QueenLocks
03-10-2005, 08:58 PM
The Hate that Hate Produced:

http://www.nappturality.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47723

afrochick
03-11-2005, 04:31 AM
I remember seeing him on C-span years ago on the weekend before the Million Man March. I was watching late one night and he was saying all kinds of ish !!! :shocker:

Aswadah
03-11-2005, 07:39 AM
As someone who was blessed to meet, break bread with, and converse with Dr. Khallid Muhammd on several occassions, I can personally tell you that he was a very loving and compassionate man. He did not like the institution of white supremacy and was not afraid to speak out against it. This is very rare today, to see a Blackman bold enough to speak against what many of us know is wrong, but will huff about it under our breath. When a firey, truth-speaking Blackman stands up and speaks...white people are shaken up, and the Black people that love them and their way are too. I loved Dr. Khallid and always will. He loved Black people intensely and dedicated his life toward the liberation and freedom of Black people mentally, morally, spiritually, physically, and economically. It's a shame that, as history has shown us, there will always be those that look just like you who readily, and willingly attempt to display you in a negative light.

He was a GREATLY misunderstood man...and from the looks of this thread, he remains misunderstood. My question is, what is your point? With all the HATE against Blacks and other people of color floating around on the internet and the news conducted by white people, why do you spend your energy trying to front on a Blackman who's intentions were to enpower other Black people? A report recently came out stating that hate crime against Blacks, by whites is at an alarming high!

It's definitely your right to have your own opinion, and not agree with anything this man had to say. But what is your motive for posting this, with such a bitter undertone towards this man, who has done nothing to you? You are an interesting sister.

What do you know of this man other than what you have read, that you feel you can judge him and call him the "voice of hate"? If you hear what you perceive as hate coming from him, it's him speaking to the hate that was and still is put on us. I'm speaking from what I KNOW of Dr. Khallid, not what I've read on the internet or heard from a media sound bite or C-SPAN.

CatSuga
03-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Are you saying that just because he is black that is supposed to give him a free pass to promote hate? ;)

Sunchild
03-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by rzashida@Mar 10 2005, 05:58 AM

Dont take the bait.

Thats one speech of many, taken out of context placed in this forum to make a point, albeit skewed and not enforced. You need to analyze a person's entire genre before you go making bold claims about their character.

I could post A speech by Malcolm X here and that would not be indicative of his evoultion as a Black Man.

morena23
03-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by afrikankween@Mar 11 2005, 06:57 AM

I could post A speech by Malcolm X here and that would not be indicative of his evoultion as a Black Man.

I was just thinking the same thing. People DO change.

why do you spend your energy trying to front on a Blackman who's intentions were to enpower other Black people? A report recently came out stating that hate crime against Blacks, by whites is at an alarming high!

There are other ways to empower besides being hateful. Hate Crimes PERIOD have gone up. Hate from Mr. Muhammad is just as bad as hate from the KKK and does nothing to help. I think it's great that he was for Black unity, but many Black people, myself included, see more than Black and White. There are many races in this world, and all of them are my brothers and sisters. The ignorance of one or two people does not lead me to dislike any particular race. Black people have done their share of Hate Crimes also. I disagree with them just as much as I disagree with the White person doing it. It's all bad. I understand where is anger stemmed from, but the smart thing to do is empower our people with knowledge so that we can bring ourselves and our children up better and stronger than the people who choose to hate us for whatever reason.

ScoobyGurl
03-11-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by afrikankween@Mar 11 2005, 09:57 AM
Dont take the bait.

Thats one speech of many, taken out of context placed in this forum to make a point, albeit skewed and not enforced. You need to analyze a person's entire genre before you go making bold claims about their character.

ITA

feepee
03-11-2005, 03:18 PM
See, i've read this post 3 times now and i STILL can't grasp this HATE folks are talking about... :huh:

maybe i need to close my mind more. that way i'd be better able to pass judgement on folks i don't know :dunno:

CatSuga
03-11-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by feepee@Mar 11 2005, 10:18 AM
See, i've read this post 3 times now and i STILL can't grasp this HATE folks are talking about...

I'm talking about he speech, did you click the link?

zmurfz
03-11-2005, 04:29 PM
I am not seeing the point the OP is trying to make. WHAT HATE? As has been mentioned, Malcolm X, Nelson Mandela could be skewwed in the same light as well. Are all these sentiments and feelings new to people? I love it when black people compare guys like this to the KKK! Really? Who has he lynched? How quickly we forget!!! I am still waiting to see how he compares to the KKK! Goodness gracious :dunno:

Black people respond and react differently to racism and WS. We have the MLKs and Malcolm Xs.
Some get militant, others march peacefully while others sit back and enjoy the fruits of their labor. How righteous we all can be sitting behind a computer in this day and age maybe never experienced the threat of extreme racism and hatred and having to sacrifice all because of our race. Not all of us have the white priviledge on our side.
Unless you know this guy personally, and even if you do, stop jumping to conclusions about him and/or how/why he died.

:doh <_<

KnappilyMe
03-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by afrikankween@Mar 11 2005, 09:57 AM
Dont take the bait.

Thats one speech of many, taken out of context placed in this forum to make a point, albeit skewed and not enforced. You need to analyze a person&#39;s entire genre before you go making bold claims about their character.

:smil3f72836ee752e:

CatSuga
03-11-2005, 05:28 PM
So how does me judging this man different from the way people judge Hitler.

Hitler was all up and for the killing of Jews.
This guy was all up and for the killing of Whites.
How is wanting to murder people different?

Laluna
03-11-2005, 05:41 PM
Maybe he thinks like you do Catsuga. You did say that the world needs more "vileness and hativity".

:mellow:

QueenLocks
03-11-2005, 05:45 PM
:huh: I thought Jews are white?

Hitler was a Jew.

CatSuga
03-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Queenli19@Mar 11 2005, 12:45 PM
:huh: I thought Jews are white?

Hitler was a Jew.

Stop confusing the masses. :icon_eek13:

QueenLocks
03-11-2005, 05:46 PM
If a pit bull attacks my child, and you ONLY SEE the aftermath of ME Shooting the Pit Bull, I guess you would say I&#39;m anti-dog.

CatSuga
03-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Laluna@Mar 11 2005, 12:41 PM
Maybe he thinks like you do Catsuga. You did say that the world needs more "vileness and hativity".

That in reference to helping the hoodrats.

QueenLocks
03-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Whose confusing the masses? I asked a question, and made a statement.

CatSuga
03-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Queenli19@Mar 11 2005, 12:51 PM
Whose confusing the masses? I asked a question, and made a statement.

Just joking.
You just confused me. I&#39;ve never heard about this so now I have to find out.

morena23
03-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by CatSuga@Mar 11 2005, 10:28 AM

It ain&#39;t. killin&#39; is killin&#39;

feepee
03-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by CatSuga@Mar 11 2005, 10:27 AM
I&#39;m talking about he speech, did you click the link?

no sound at work. i&#39;ll check it out when i get home >>insert thumbs up smiley<<

aya2005
03-11-2005, 06:57 PM
I have great respect for Dr. Khalid. He&#39;s one of my favorite speakers ( next to Dr. Clark). I listen to tapes of his speeches often. Hate?... I don&#39;t think so. He gave factual information that could be taken out of content. He had a fire that is lacking in todays society. He is missed.

feepee
03-11-2005, 06:58 PM
i wanna say hitler&#39;s mom was a jew, i gotta research that again to make sure i&#39;m correct... but i know he dayum sure didn&#39;t have not blond hair and blue eyes like the Germans he was tombout.

Miquie
03-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Hate... hmmm :pop:

Chlyric Images
03-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by CatSuga@Mar 10 2005, 02:00 AM
Harboring that much hate would cause my head to explode.
Damn, he did die of an aneurysm :icon_eek13:

"I think the world needs a little vileness and hatetivity"

CatSuga
03-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Chlyric Images@Mar 11 2005, 02:49 PM
"I think the world needs a little vileness and hatetivity"

We already covered that. Scroll back.

Aswadah
03-11-2005, 07:57 PM
You know, I started to post this really long, information-packed post...but then I realized all the energy I&#39;d put into it may fall of deaf ears. Besides, many of you conscious sisters in here are HOLDING IT DOWN! There is light at the end of the tunnel afterall. So I just decided to post this...

http://www.thetalkingdrum.com/KhallidM.jpghttp://www.thetalkingdrum.com/khallid1.jpghttp://afrikan.i-dentity.com/pix/khalid4.jpg
A Beautiful, Bold, Black Freedom-Fighter who is Greatly Missed. R.I.P. Doc. :wub:

Chlyric Images
03-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by CatSuga@Mar 11 2005, 12:51 PM
We already covered that. Scroll back.

Actually, you said the world. You didn&#39;t say the hoodrats.

You said....*the world needs*. So um, I suppose he was doing his part and you are doing yours....dividing different parts of the world to jump on. He&#39;s like, your partner in crime!!!

The Hypocritical Waves are soooooo unpredictable!!

Laluna
03-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Chlyric Images@Mar 11 2005, 02:57 PM
Actually, you said the world. You didn&#39;t say the hoodrats.

Precisely. I thought the same thing, but was like :rolleyes:

That statment said in any context is twisted. Talk about talkin&#39; out of both sides of your mouth. <_<

Artsyblack
03-12-2005, 01:19 AM
This coming from someone who wanted colonialism to make a come back in Africa so that she can invest and capitalize off of it. How hateful and vile is that?

nina
03-12-2005, 02:08 AM
why do you spend your energy trying to front on a Blackman who&#39;s intentions were to enpower other Black people?

Judging nothing but Khalid’s speech, he was sick to the core. Aswadah, your post was one of the biggest loads of doo-doo I’ve read in a long time. I think whites in South Africa need to go because they are on stolen land so deport them and be done with it, but killing? No!

Had anyone heeded Khalid’s words and killed children, women etc., they’d wind up in prison either physically or of the soul. How empowering is that? Hate, revenge, fear and propaganda are the same elements that caused black people to kill other black people in Rwanda.

Anyone who advocates the wholesale killing of innocents, especially out of revenge, is just hate-filled, full of themselves and no better than the monster they claim to hate. Can anyone quote one speech of Malcolm’s or Mandela’s where (outside of self defense) either advocated killing innocents or children?

LadyEve
03-12-2005, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by CatSuga@Mar 11 2005, 10:48 AM
Are you saying that just because he is black that is supposed to give him a free pass to promote hate? ;)

Why is it that you are discussing someone who died sometime ago, or is it your duty to point out only the worst in people?

LadyEve
03-12-2005, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Aswadah@Mar 11 2005, 04:57 PM
You know, I started to post this really long, information-packed post...but then I realized all the energy I&#39;d put into it may fall of deaf ears. Besides, many of you conscious sisters in here are HOLDING IT DOWN! There is light at the end of the tunnel afterall. So I just decided to post this...

http://www.thetalkingdrum.com/KhallidM.jpghttp://www.thetalkingdrum.com/khallid1.jpghttp://afrikan.i-dentity.com/pix/khalid4.jpg
A Beautiful, Bold, Black Freedom-Fighter who is Greatly Missed. R.I.P. Doc. :wub:

You were right to give your opinion of Khallid in your post, it was very interesting and full of information. Do not allow yourself to be bullied into changing your stand on the matter. :afro:

mondo
03-12-2005, 03:32 AM
I have to go with Aswadah on this. Looking back at the original post, it notes:

In 1998 Muhammad founded the New Black Panther Party (NBPP) in response to the murder of James Byrd in Jasper, TX. This group is well known for their vehement public appearances and school board disruptions. While several groups have called for "the right to self-determination" and even separatism, some believe that the NBPP&#39;s provocative brand of Black nationalism undermines other civil rights efforts.

Way to gloss over a digusting, horrible way to take a man&#39;s life. They dragged that poor man around like a dog through the streets, until his body part fell off due to the stress of being dragged on the ground.

DESPERATE TIMES CALL FOR DESPERATE MEASURES.

And yes, in his time, Malcolm X pissed off a lot of people, he was deemed a rabble rouser and evil with his "chickens coming home to roost" comments when Kennedy was assassinated.

I thank God that someone out there had the guts and courage to put himself, his life, out there and stand up against this crap so I don&#39;t have to. So I can live my comfy little life, buy my 2% milk, order pay-per-view, discuss "hair twists or braids??" online and work like a good little soldier and a be productive member of society. I consider myself lucky that it isn&#39;t my "role" to do this. SOMEBODY has to stand up and say F$%K this and shake people up and make the difference. I wish I had the COURAGE to be that person.

growunatty
03-12-2005, 03:38 AM
hahahahahahahahahaha...aha

some of you all slay me.
i don&#39;t even have the energy
i stay coming into these posts too late.

peace.

pwr_puff
03-12-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by nina@Mar 11 2005, 09:08 PM
Judging nothing but Khalid’s speech, he was sick to the core.* Aswadah, your post was one of the biggest loads of doo-doo I’ve read in a long time.* I think whites in South Africa need to go because they are on stolen land so deport them and be done with it, but killing?* No!

Had anyone heeded Khalid’s words and killed children, women etc., they’d wind up in prison either physically or of the soul.* How empowering is that?* Hate, revenge, fear and propaganda are the same elements that caused black people to kill other black people in Rwanda.

Anyone who advocates the wholesale killing of innocents, especially out of revenge, is just hate-filled, full of themselves and no better than the monster they claim to hate.* Can anyone quote one speech of Malcolm’s or Mandela’s where (outside of self defense) either advocated killing innocents or children?

*quietly enters topic* i listened to the speech, which i think was misinterpreted. how did the whites in South Africa get the land in the first place?? i think his point was what if blacks took back what belongs to us away in the same manner that it was taken away? the whites back in the day didnt care if they killed babies or women. :dunno: just my take on it. it&#39;s also funny to me that AAs can be treated like animals referred to as less than human, even savage to this day, but the minute anyone tries to bring that to light, that person is militant and violent. i am not saying that resorting to violence on anybody is okay. but i think his message was taken out of context. i think he came on too strong for some revolution is a scary concept.*quietly leaves*

ScoobyGurl
03-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Laluna@Mar 11 2005, 01:41 PM

:pointlaugh:

QueenLocks
03-12-2005, 01:45 PM
Example: I just shot a Pit Bull, and you SEE This, then you say I am full of hate, animal cruelty!, She is ANTI-DOG! BUT! What you did NOT SEE, was the Pit Bull, attacking my children, bit the whole arm off my daughter, bit my son in the neck!

I gotta quote Tupac {from his documentary}

We are starving, and this hotel has food, they let us see the food, but they won&#39;t give it to us, so we sing, "We are hungry please let us in. {Repeat twice}
A week later our song changes to, "We are hungry, we need some food."
Two weeks later: "Give us some food, our we&#39;ll break down the door!"

A Month Later: "I&#39;m picking the lock, I&#39;m coming in the door blasting!"

We are tired of "Asking", we asked during the 60&#39;s, and those that asked were killed, or put in jail, ..... now what do you think we&#39;re gonna do?......... ASK??????????? - from Tupac

Why are we the only people who are supposed to peaceful and friendly with an enemy that is killing us?

growunatty
03-12-2005, 03:10 PM
that&#39;s my favorite Pac quote.
especially how he used song to describe it.
he went from a we shall over come type delivery
to rhymin/hip hop.
love it.

morena23
03-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Queenli19@Mar 12 2005, 06:45 AM

Why are we the only people who are supposed to peaceful and friendly with an enemy that is killing us?

We kill ourselves far more than any other race.

Shanna
03-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by growunatty@Mar 12 2005, 11:10 AM
that&#39;s my favorite Pac quote.
especially how he used song to describe it.
he went from a we shall over come type delivery
to rhymin/hip hop.
love it.

I loved that too. I remember seeing that little interview on MTV years ago.

pwr_puff
03-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by morena23@Mar 12 2005, 10:30 AM
We kill ourselves far more than any other race.

-no offense to you, but that argument is tired. because if you look back far enough blacks as a whole acted as a community. the problems we face now were predicted by our elders. our parents/grandparents were told of the problems we are facing today. i think there&#39;s a book called The Endangered Black Family.
WE need to wake up and see the okee-doke that is being pulled on us.
-one thing that i noticed with the BPs and other civil rights leaders is that the ones that were killed, provoked thought. JMO.

Peaches
03-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by pwr_puff@Mar 12 2005, 03:14 PM

Come on now. This man is talking about killing babies because they might grow up to be racist, and killing old people because they "might" have done some foul things. He&#39;s talking about killing white women because they can give birth to white children. He&#39;s preaching about mass genocide.

Unless we&#39;re "okee-doke" with somebody kicking down the doors at our childrens&#39; elementary schools and opening fire in the cafeteria, we need to see his rhetoric for what it is. Cult leadership. Sure we can give him the benefit of the doubt and say "well, maybe he&#39;ll grow out of it like Malcolm X did", but so can the guy who opened fire in the courtroom the other day. How many of us are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt? Hands? How many hands are going up?

<_<

pwr_puff
03-12-2005, 07:12 PM
like i said, in my other post:
i listened to the speech, which i think was misinterpreted. how did the whites in South Africa get the land in the first place?? i think his point was what if blacks took back what belongs to us away in the same manner that it was taken away? the whites back in the day didnt care if they killed babies or women. just my take on it. it&#39;s also funny to me that AAs can be treated like animals referred to as less than human, even savage to this day, but the minute anyone tries to bring that to light, that person is militant and violent. i am not saying that resorting to violence on anybody is okay. but i think his message was taken out of context. i think he came on too strong for some revolution is a scary concept. i think that one clip was taken out of context.
-AAs were killed during slavery because they might rise up. AAs are killed today because we "might" have a weapon or be some kind of threat. heck, AAs have/are getting killed for the fun of it. i think killing is wrong. i see more people upset this guy saying kill whitey... why dont we get just as upset when "our own" is getting picked off by the police? :dunno:

morena23
03-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by pwr_puff@Mar 12 2005, 11:14 AM
-no offense to you, but that argument is tired. because if you look back far enough blacks as a whole acted as a community. the problems we face now were predicted by our elders. our parents/grandparents were told of the problems we are facing today. i think there&#39;s a called The Endangered Black Family.
-one thing that i noticed with the BPs and other civil rights leaders is that the ones that were killed, provoked thought. JMO.

The argument isn&#39;t tired, us killing each other is. It&#39;s no an argument, it&#39;s a fact. Almost every time we hear about a young Black man being killed, it&#39;s at the hands of another young Black man, am I right? This dude and his message should have died with him. Hate is hate is hate is hate. That is what is tired. Hate.

pwr_puff
03-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by morena23@Mar 12 2005, 02:15 PM
Hate is hate is hate is hate. That is what is tired. Hate.

-exactly. that was his message. he was tired of the Hate. people before him were tired of the hate. im tired of the hate. the hate we give each other and the hate that was/is given to us.
- the reason why i said that argument is tired is because that&#39;s the first thing people cry out. see, people like to complain, but nobody wants to work at it. yea, the killing part in his speech was harsh, but did you look past the tone and hear the message?Africans were killed for their land.
African Americans were killed just for wanting a change. i notice the brutality in that, versus somebody&#39;s speech about reversing the roles.

morena23
03-12-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by pwr_puff@Mar 12 2005, 12:41 PM
-exactly. that was his message. he was tired of the Hate. people before him were tired of the hate. im tired of the hate. the hate we give each other and the hate that was/is given to us.
- the reason why i said that argument is tired is because that&#39;s the first thing people cry out. see, people like to complain, but nobody wants to work at it. yea, the killing part in his speech was harsh, but did you look past the tone and hear the message?Africans were killed for their land.
African Americans were killed just for wanting a change. i notice the brutality in that, versus somebody&#39;s speech about reversing the roles.

And how is he working at it by reversing the hate? Is his method better just because he&#39;s Black? If it were a white person saying how they want to kill black babies and whatever, we would be all up in arms. The double standard is so through.

Africans aren&#39;t the only nation who suffered through slaver and harsh treatment. His way of thinking only continues the cycle of hate and violence which is ignorant.

pwr_puff
03-12-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by morena23@Mar 12 2005, 03:17 PM
And how is he working at it by reversing the hate? Is his method better just because he&#39;s Black? If it were a white person saying how they want to kill black babies and whatever, we would be all up in arms. The double standard is so through.

Africans aren&#39;t the only nation who suffered through slaver and harsh treatment. His way of thinking only continues the cycle of hate and violence which is ignorant.

-the KKK talks about killing us and other races all the time. so it&#39;s not a double standard.(BTW, dont put words in my posts...or imply something i didn&#39;t post.)
-as far as the whole Africans weren&#39;t the only ones, i like to take care of "home" before i delve into somebody else&#39;s culture.

morena23
03-12-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by pwr_puff@Mar 12 2005, 01:31 PM
-as far as the whole Africans weren&#39;t the only ones, i like to take care of "home" before i delve into somebody else&#39;s culture.

Home, huh? So you live in Africa? Your culture is not American, but African? The human race is bigger than Africa, and anyone who makes it a point to teach hate and harm to innocent babies of ANY race is someone who I will not call my brother.

What? The KKK does it all the time so we should also? So if they say ignorant stuff, we should too? Kind of like I know you are, but what am I, right? This solves nothing, but only adds to the problem. People like Muhammad, KKK or any other hate group sicken me.

Not all White people are against Blacks just like not all Blacks hate White people. For him to suggest that we should be just because of a group of people&#39;s ignorant actions is stupid. What ever happened to taking your beef out on the individual(s) who actually caused you harm? Petition to get them put in jail or to make their sentence longer, educate our kids and teach them that as long as you harbor hate, your life will never amount to anything, etc. I&#39;m not preaching non-violence, but violence against an entire race for the actions of a small part of it condones hate to the entire click?

Nah.

sonce
03-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by nina@Mar 12 2005, 03:08 AM
Aswadah, your post was one of the biggest loads of doo-doo I’ve read in a long time.*

:pointlaugh: Sorry, I&#39;m juvenile to be laughing in serious thread, but damn that was funny (no offense @ aswadah) :lol:

sunschild57
03-13-2005, 01:05 AM
:bolt:

pwr_puff
03-13-2005, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Queenli19@Mar 12 2005, 08:45 AM
Example: I just shot a Pit Bull, and you SEE This, then you say I am full of hate, animal cruelty!, She is ANTI-DOG! BUT! What you did NOT SEE, was the Pit Bull, attacking my children, bit the whole arm off my daughter, bit my son in the neck!

I gotta quote Tupac {from his documentary}

We are starving, and this hotel has food, they let us see the food, but they won&#39;t give it to us, so we sing, "We are hungry please let us in. {Repeat twice}
A week later our song changes to, "We are hungry, we need some food."
Two weeks later: "Give us some food, our we&#39;ll break down the door!"

A Month Later: "I&#39;m picking the lock, I&#39;m coming in the door blasting!"

We are tired of "Asking", we asked during the 60&#39;s, and those that asked were killed, or put in jail, ..... now what do you think we&#39;re gonna do?......... ASK??????????? - from Tupac

ITA

nina
03-13-2005, 01:22 AM
I have every right to hear the words of a sicko advocating killing innocent children, old people, “faggots and lesbians” and judge it and that person as hateful. Anyone who think Khalid’s message was so relevant, good, empowering or capable of bringing inner peace, go to it. Go kill some whites or anyone that has not individually done something to you. Drop me a postcard afterwards and let me know if doing so vindicates you, how you feel afterwards and if it assuages all the anger and makes your life better. Khalid’s hateful words either voiced or fed some people’s anger at this or that but some are still with the same anger, so he healed nothing.

This idea that Khalid’s words are being misinterpreted or taken out of context is asinine. It is okay to say that you personally get something different from his words (whatever that may be), but my ears and mind work just fine and comments that Khalid is being misunderstood is the real bait going on. Khalid’s words cannot be denied and I am still waiting for someone to provide information on Malcolm or Mandela making any comments like this, outside of self-defense. In Khalid’s stupid @ss speech he even took a slight pop at Mandela.

I don’t know why some people seem to think that an all or majority black country will be all peace, love and hair grease, there will be no problems and all will get along, especially coming off a history of colonialism and oppression. Who killed Malcolm? More than likely other black men. Someone quoted Tupac and where is he? Dead and more than likely at the hands of black men. What happened to Rwanda after independence? How is Haiti, with its history of brutal dictators, doing today? Liberia with its history of mostly African-American descended leaders?

Khalid was talking about killing whites in South Africa so I fail to see how his demagoguery was relevant to serving blacks in America. Yes, South Africa gained its independence and freedom from apartheid, but going through major problems and child rape and AIDS/HIV is gutting that country’s soul. Say all the whites in South Africa are killed off. What happens next, harmony or anarchy because once you advocate and open up the senseless murder box, it is hard to close and soon progresses to murdering those who look like you for whatever like Rwanda or the Congo. Whites will pull their money, knowledge of how to run whatever industry or business is lost, and other countries will be reluctant to invest or do business. Where will that leave South Africa or any country that takes that route? Nation building and healing from oppression and colonialism does not begin, and will not be successful, by co-opting the oppressors’ vile methods and becoming like him.

morena23
03-13-2005, 01:30 AM
What major contributions did this man make to the Black community?

~*welekevu*~
03-13-2005, 01:37 AM
<--- Check out my avatar. Cool, huh?

;) welekevu

morena23
03-13-2005, 01:45 AM
I like that avator. As long as you ain&#39;t goin&#39; roun&#39; killin&#39; babies... cause then, you is da DEVIL

Peaches
03-13-2005, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by growunatty@Mar 12 2005, 12:38 AM
hahahahahahahahahaha...aha

some of you all slay me.
i don&#39;t even have the energy
i stay coming into these posts too late.

peace.

:shocker: http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/scared/scared07.gifhttp://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/scared/scared15.gif

~*welekevu*~
03-13-2005, 02:01 AM
I love babies.

:) welekevu

morena23
03-13-2005, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by welekevu@Mar 12 2005, 07:01 PM
I love babies.

:) welekevu

:pointlaugh:

QueenLocks
03-13-2005, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by morena23@Mar 12 2005, 10:45 PM
I like that avator. As long as you ain&#39;t goin&#39; roun&#39; killin&#39; babies... cause then, you is da DEVIL

If that statement is true, then I know who the "Biggest" Devil of them all be!

Hmmmm, I wonder if Dr. Khalid {RIP} was a Native, would Natives live on reservations today? Oh, I forgot, they should Not kill the pilgrims women and children! {even though the Natives are less than 4 million today <_< }

Women and children HELPED and Watched black men and women burn at the stake, and hang from a rope! It is fine to kill our men, women, and children, but WE can Not even "THINK" about retaliation, we should just love being unequal in a society that does not love us, nor want us....
and if this is BULL $#!+ that I&#39;m saying, then Barrack Obama will be the next President of the United States! {Oh, and the Natives will no longer live on Reservations}.

QueenLocks
03-13-2005, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Mar 12 2005, 03:43 PM
Come on now. This man is talking about killing babies because they might grow up to be racist, and killing old people because they "might" have done some foul things. He&#39;s talking about killing white women because they can give birth to white children. He&#39;s preaching about mass genocide.

Unless we&#39;re "okee-doke" with somebody kicking down the doors at our childrens&#39; elementary schools and opening fire in the cafeteria, we need to see his rhetoric for what it is. Cult leadership. Sure we can give him the benefit of the doubt and say "well, maybe he&#39;ll grow out of it like Malcolm X did", but so can the guy who opened fire in the courtroom the other day. How many of us are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt? Hands? How many hands are going up?

<_<

Peaches, I can&#39;t give a dead man anything...... It&#39;s funny how this thread topic is "Militant Blacks", and the focus is on one {Dead-RIP} Brother.

Oh, but how many extreme, hating whites {right now} I could name for you, and their hatred of us!

nina
03-13-2005, 03:52 AM
How opportunistic and pathetic to bring Native Americans into the mix (or should I say use them) to argue a case, co-sign the murder of innocents or justify one&#39;s own individual hate, anger or desire for revenge and "retaliation". If such is not coming from the mouth of a NA who was raised and lived on a reservation, or one who has done next to nothing for Native American rights and betterment, it stinks all the more.

Interesting word that was used ("retaliation") because it pretty much sums up a lot of things. In my book, defending yourself against an individual bringing you or yours immediate physical harm is self-defense. Desiring or seeking murder based only on skin color, regardless of whether a person has individually harmed you, is revenge and "retaliation" plain and simple. What a sure way to hell and continued unhappiness, violence and stupidity. Take America, if just one family member of each raped and or murdered black person sought out and killed a family member of the black person who killed or raped their&#39;s, what would that picture look like?

So much talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk about how Khalid&#39;s message was so on point so, again, go kill a peckerwood. Talk is cheap so put Khalid&#39;s message into action. If it resonated that much, surely those who are A-Mening that pathetic and weak mess should be &#39;bout it &#39;bout it and doing it.

Peaches
03-13-2005, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Queenli19@Mar 13 2005, 12:16 AM
Peaches, I can&#39;t give a dead man anything...... It&#39;s funny how this thread topic is "Militant Blacks", and the focus is on one {Dead-RIP} Brother.

Oh, but how many extreme, hating whites {right now} I could name for you, and their hatred of us!

If any other militant black was saying these things I would think the same thing. I would say the same thing about any shyt eating white KKK member who spouted off extremist rhetoric about killing black women and babies. I have nothing but contempt for them and hope they go straight to hell.

I actually agree that we should defend ourselves if we are attacked. Brutal, racist policemen need to be stripped of their badges and repremanded. I believe that battered women should take self-defense classes and fight back against their abusers. I believe that we have every right to protect ourselves, our property, our families, and our communities. I personally am vendictive and spiteful my damn self and have no problem with going off on somebody who has pizzed me off. But running around like Hitler talking about "kill white babies" is just plain crazy. White people who do it to black people are crazy. It&#39;s crazy, period. Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Wiccan.. doesn&#39;t matter. It&#39;s just crazy.

ETA: @Queenli.. don&#39;t mind me. I have a banana up my azz about something right now. :)

NaptuRULE
03-13-2005, 06:59 AM
His hate is justified IMO.
It can destroy you,
but racism destroys us everyday - physically and mentally.
You build up hate to racism, and have no outlet to let it go.
Whites had outlets. They were encouraged to have outlets.
Encouraged to destroy when they wanted too.
Blacks have no outlets.
They are not encouraged to have outlets.
Not encouraged to seek and find healthy outlets.
Not told their hate is justified.
They are made to feel guilty.
To have compassion and empathy for people who want to destroy you.
For people that have destroyed you.

QueenLocks
03-13-2005, 01:18 PM
ETA: @Queenli.. don&#39;t mind me. I have a banana up my azz about something right now. :)

[/quote]

:huh: :pointlaugh: :lol: Ah, okay? Are you gonna eat it too?

To the person who "tripped" about my bringing up Natives, I did so because someone else said, the Black people were not the only ones enslaved, brutalized, etc. So, yes, The Native Holocaust is terrible, what&#39;s happening to the Palestinians is terrible.

Oh, and to the ones who are telling us to actually go "Kill"? If you are against it, why do you want us to go "DO" it?

I personally don&#39;t think there will be a "Revolution" in our lifetime, we are too busy "Hatin" on each other, and trying to "Bling-Bling"!

Oh well, back to my life off the net. I&#39;m taking my baby cousin to a movie, and going shopping. I&#39;m done with this topic. :mellow:

Sunchild
03-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by NaptuRULE@Mar 13 2005, 03:59 AM

I totally agree with this. I have even heard some black people say that the Iraqis are justified in their attacks against US armed forces, and these same ppl will turn around and give you a hard time for any disdain you have towards white ppl. I find it laughable. :rolleyes:

~*welekevu*~
03-13-2005, 02:58 PM
Sadly, I must concur with you, Queenli. Not enough of us recognize the power we possess to affect change. Peace and power.

:afro: welekevu

ScoobyGurl
03-13-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Queenli19@Mar 12 2005, 11:16 PM

<span style='color:blue'>Right! I posted a link to a NY Times article on militant whites who are intent on killing people of color and how our federal govt is paying very little attention to them and only one person even replied. These people are extremely mobilized and have been growing in numbers. Yet we want to get into a hissy fit over a "militant" black who isn&#39;t even alive. Where are our priorities? :doh </span>

CatSuga
03-13-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by ScoobyGurl@Mar 13 2005, 10:03 AM
<span style='color:blue'>Right! I posted a link to a NY Times article on militant whites who are intent on killing people of color and how our federal govt is paying very little attention to them and only one person even replied. These people are extremely mobilized and have been growing in numbers. Yet we want to get into a hissy fit over a "militant" black who isn&#39;t even alive. Where are our priorities? :doh </span>

Be it KKK or NOI, every public (and private) militant group in America is monitored by the FBI. That&#39;s the reason why any of these publicly known groups can&#39;t make a move.
As a member of an unorganized militia, I can tell you that any real militant group is 100% underground. Any militant organization where you can just walk up and join is VERY ineffective of causing any change.

ScoobyGurl
03-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by CatSuga@Mar 13 2005, 11:14 AM
Be it KKK or NOI, every public (and private) militant group in America is monitored by the FBI. That&#39;s the reason why any of these publicly known groups can&#39;t make a move.
As a member of an unorganized militia, I can tell you that any real militant group is 100% underground. Any militant organization where you can just walk up and join is VERY ineffective of causing any change.

<span style='color:blue'>Just because the media has access to a group doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not "underground." Also, I think the federal govt. has access to just about all "underground" groups. I guess I fed too much into the Big Brother theory of govt. :P </span>

CatSuga
03-13-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by ScoobyGurl@Mar 13 2005, 10:20 AM
<span style='color:blue'>Just because the media has access to a group doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not "underground." Also, I think the federal govt. has access to just about all "underground" groups. I guess I fed too much into the Big Brother theory of govt. :P </span>

They didn&#39;t have access to the 9/11 bombers.
They didn&#39;t have access to Timothy McVey.
They didn&#39;t have access to Eric Rudolph or his group.

charli
03-13-2005, 05:31 PM
They didn&#39;t have access to the 9/11 bombers.

Ummmm.... they WERE the 911 terrorists. military planes and missiles, hon.

pwr_puff
03-13-2005, 05:36 PM
Oh, and to the ones who are telling us to actually go "Kill"? If you are against it, why do you want us to go "DO" it?

...see, people like to complain, but nobody wants to work at it.

I personally don&#39;t think there will be a "Revolution" in our lifetime, we are too busy "Hatin" on each other, and trying to "Bling-Bling"!

- i dont think so either. if it does happen, all of that brainwashing that has been going on would be for nothing! oh darn! ;)
-Queenli19, i had to quote you &#39;cause im really feelin&#39; your post.

Blacks have no outlets.
ITA w/you too. NaptuRULE
ETA: I AM NOT SAYING ANYONE SHOULD GO ON A MASS BABY KILLING SPREE,OR ANY OTHER KILLING SPREE! for those who like to misinterpret stuff and who like picking at people.

growunatty
03-13-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by afrikankween@Mar 13 2005, 10:00 AM
I totally agree with this. I have even heard some black people say that the Iraqis are justified in their attacks against US armed forces, and these same ppl will turn around and give you a hard time for any disdain you have towards white ppl. I find it laughable. :rolleyes:

you didn&#39;t know? whitey is god...

Vizion
03-13-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by charli+Mar 13 2005, 10:31 AM-->

[/b]

true.

<!--QuoteBegin-growunatty@Mar 13 2005, 11:10 AM

:doh

:Angry_boese008:

:unsure:

NLight1
03-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by nina@Mar 12 2005, 08:22 PM
I have every right to hear the words of a sicko advocating killing innocent children, old people, “faggots and lesbians” and judge it and that person as hateful.* Anyone who think Khalid’s message was so relevant, good, empowering or capable of bringing inner peace, go to it.* Go kill some whites or anyone that has not individually done something to you.* Drop me a postcard afterwards and let me know if doing so vindicates you, how you feel afterwards and if it assuages all the anger and makes your life better.* Khalid’s hateful words either voiced or fed some people’s anger at this or that but some are still with the same anger, so he healed nothing.

This idea that Khalid’s words are being misinterpreted or taken out of context is asinine.* It is okay to say that you personally get something different from his words (whatever that may be), but my ears and mind work just fine and comments that Khalid is being misunderstood is the real bait going on.* Khalid’s words cannot be denied and I am still waiting for someone to provide information on Malcolm or Mandela making any comments like this, outside of self-defense.* In Khalid’s stupid @ss speech he even took a slight pop at Mandela.

I don’t know why some people seem to think that an all or majority black country will be all peace, love and hair grease, there will be no problems and all will get along, especially coming off a history of colonialism and oppression.* Who killed Malcolm?* More than likely other black men.* Someone quoted Tupac and where is he?* Dead and more than likely at the hands of black men.* What happened to Rwanda after independence?* How is Haiti, with its history of brutal dictators, doing today?* Liberia with its history of mostly African-American descended leaders?

Khalid was talking about killing whites in South Africa so I fail to see how his demagoguery was relevant to serving blacks in America.* Yes, South Africa gained its independence and freedom from apartheid, but going through major problems and child rape and AIDS/HIV is gutting that country’s soul.* Say all the whites in South Africa are killed off.* What happens next, harmony or anarchy because once you advocate and open up the senseless murder box, it is hard to close and soon progresses to murdering those who look like you for whatever like Rwanda or the Congo.* Whites will pull their money, knowledge of how to run whatever industry or business is lost, and other countries will be reluctant to invest or do business.* Where will that leave South Africa or any country that takes that route?* Nation building and healing from oppression and colonialism does not begin, and will not be successful, by co-opting the oppressors’ vile methods and becoming like him.

I just took a moment to read this whole thread and your post stood out to me sis. You make some very powerful points and I have to say I agree with what you are saying. I&#39;m not about to advocate hate, simply because another race or group does so. I don&#39;t do moneky see, mokney do. Self defense is one thing but simply killing for the sake of killing is just wrong. Whoever the speaker is who advocates hate, is wrong.

Now let me :bolt: before I get something thrown at me :)

ETA: Peace, Love, and Flowers http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/crazy/240.gif

Peaches
03-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by nina@Mar 12 2005, 10:22 PM
This idea that Khalid’s words are being misinterpreted or taken out of context is asinine.* It is okay to say that you personally get something different from his words (whatever that may be), but my ears and mind work just fine and comments that Khalid is being misunderstood is the real bait going on.* Khalid’s words cannot be denied and I am still waiting for someone to provide information on Malcolm or Mandela making any comments like this, outside of self-defense. In Khalid’s stupid @ss speech he even took a slight pop at Mandela.

I don’t know why some people seem to think that an all or majority black country will be all peace, love and hair grease, there will be no problems and all will get along, especially coming off a history of colonialism and oppression.* Who killed Malcolm?* More than likely other black men.* Someone quoted Tupac and where is he?* Dead and more than likely at the hands of black men.* What happened to Rwanda after independence?* How is Haiti, with its history of brutal dictators, doing today?* Liberia with its history of mostly African-American descended leaders?

I agree.

Yeah white people do things to us, but we seem to be stupid enough to take it out on each other. Then we do numbskull things like make threats on the entire white race, which is exactly what the CIA wants to hear. There are certainly ways to gain power and control over our own race without falling into those traps. I mean damn, even Elijah Muhammad himself said that was a bad idea.

The bolded part is also true. Malcolm and Nelson never went around talking about killing babies and children because they might grow up to be racist. They talked about specific incidents, strategies for self-defense, and empowerment of our own race.

Chlyric Images
03-14-2005, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Queenli19@Mar 12 2005, 08:16 PM

That is true @ militant blacks = one dead dude.

Sorta cramming alot of people into a nutshell.....don&#39;t cha think?

Peaches
03-14-2005, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Chlyric Images@Mar 13 2005, 10:10 PM
That is true @ militant blacks = one dead dude.

Sorta cramming alot of people into a nutshell.....don&#39;t cha think?

Giving Catsuga the benefit of the doubt, I think that she was talking about these kinds of speakers *in general* and using this one man as an example.

meagan22
03-14-2005, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by growunatty@Mar 13 2005, 02:10 PM

:lipsrsealed:
**muffled laughter**

Aswadah
03-14-2005, 05:15 AM
Blacks have no outlets.
Beautifully said.

TMI for the sheep to comprehend...this comment is straight truth. Anyone interested in opening your minds for a minute, check out the documentary 911 In Plane Site (http://www.911inplanesite.com/)

Queenli, Pwr_Puff, Charli, and all other conscious sistas that have contributed non-mainstream thought to this post that I have not mentioned, much respect to you ;) :hug: . Sisters like you are rare in this world of mass conformity. I love you for standing up for what you believe on behalf of the struggle and those that have suffered so we may live. The ancestors would be pleased. The bed of content is too comfortable for most of our people to wake up, get out of it, and try to make a change. They&#39;d rather continue on in their ignorant slumber (with an emphasis on "ignore"). Sometimes it&#39;s best to just let them sleep and feed those that are hungry for truth.

I, generally, don&#39;t get caught up in all the back and forth baiting that many posters like to keep going...that&#39;s why I haven&#39;t actively posted in this thread. I&#39;d rather see you and make my points face to face. People tend to take your words out of context here and I have no tolerance for that. It&#39;s just not worth arguing valid points with misinformed people IMO. They have their minds set and stubborness, pride, arrogance, self-hate, and love-for-everyone-but-themselves, will not allow them to even consider reasoning with someone that has another perspective. These types seem to be more about the debate and making cute remarks rather than having quality dialogue. It&#39;s just not worth the energy.

Everyone&#39;s experience and world view is different. Age, location, up-bringing, personal life experiences, culture, and true knowledge of world history plays a major factor in how women have commented in this thread. A prime example is how Malcolm X and the content of his speeches have been cited. I can tell that most of those who talk about what Malcolm said and didn&#39;t say, really are not very familiar with his historical speeches. The Ballot or the Bullet for one. Brother Malcolm was about violence in self-defense and so was Brother Khallid. Malcolm was the Khallid of his day. If Khallid&#39;s words are not taken out of context and sequence this would be very evident. Malcolm X was Dr. Khallid&#39;s mentor...enough said. If most of the naysayers here were alive during Malcolm&#39;s time, they&#39;d be saying the same thing about him that they are saying about Dr. Khallid. Malcolm was not loved or accepted by the Blacks that sought out the best interest for the white folks of his day either. After Malcolm was assasinated, the front page of The New York Times read: "The Apostle of Hate is Dead". Anyway...

Some comments here were not even worth my response because they clearly display the lack of mental depth of the poster (the doo-doo remark) :icon_headshake: . Just sad.

Peace & Blessings...I&#39;m out.

An informed citizen is freedom&#39;s best friend and a controlled citizen is our worst enemy! --Quoter Unknown

DNIQUE_1
03-14-2005, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by CatSuga@Mar 11 2005, 12:28 PM
So how does me judging this man different from the way people judge Hitler.

First of all who are we to judge...That&#39;s GODS area of expertise.

The difference is Hilter carried out his plan where as Dr. Khallid only spoke of it.

Just my :2cents:

afrogeek
03-14-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Nina @ Sunday March 13+ 2005-->
I have every right to hear the words of a sicko advocating killing innocent children, old people, “faggots and lesbians” and judge it and that person as hateful. Anyone who think Khalid’s message was so relevant, good, empowering or capable of bringing inner peace, go to it. Go kill some whites or anyone that has not individually done something to you. Drop me a postcard afterwards and let me know if doing so vindicates you, how you feel afterwards and if it assuages all the anger and makes your life better. Khalid’s hateful words either voiced or fed some people’s anger at this or that but some are still with the same anger, so he healed nothing.

This idea that Khalid’s words are being misinterpreted or taken out of context is asinine. It is okay to say that you personally get something different from his words (whatever that may be), but my ears and mind work just fine and comments that Khalid is being misunderstood is the real bait going on. Khalid’s words cannot be denied and I am still waiting for someone to provide information on Malcolm or Mandela making any comments like this, outside of self-defense. In Khalid’s stupid @ss speech he even took a slight pop at Mandela.

I don’t know why some people seem to think that an all or majority black country will be all peace, love and hair grease, there will be no problems and all will get along, especially coming off a history of colonialism and oppression. Who killed Malcolm? More than likely other black men. Someone quoted Tupac and where is he? Dead and more than likely at the hands of black men. What happened to Rwanda after independence? How is Haiti, with its history of brutal dictators, doing today? Liberia with its history of mostly African-American descended leaders?

Khalid was talking about killing whites in South Africa so I fail to see how his demagoguery was relevant to serving blacks in America. Yes, South Africa gained its independence and freedom from apartheid, but going through major problems and child rape and AIDS/HIV is gutting that country’s soul. Say all the whites in South Africa are killed off. What happens next, harmony or anarchy because once you advocate and open up the senseless murder box, it is hard to close and soon progresses to murdering those who look like you for whatever like Rwanda or the Congo. Whites will pull their money, knowledge of how to run whatever industry or business is lost, and other countries will be reluctant to invest or do business. Where will that leave South Africa or any country that takes that route? Nation building and healing from oppression and colonialism does not begin, and will not be successful, by co-opting the oppressors’ vile methods and becoming like him.[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Peaches@Mar 13 2005, 10:53 PM
I agree.*

Yeah white people do things to us, but we seem to be stupid enough to take it out on each other.* Then we do numbskull things like make threats on the entire white race, which is exactly what the CIA wants to hear.* There are certainly ways to gain power and control over our own race without falling into those traps.* I mean damn, even Elijah Muhammad himself said that was a bad idea.

The bolded part is also true.* Malcolm and Nelson never went around talking about killing babies and children because they might grow up to be racist.* They talked about specific incidents, strategies for self-defense, and empowerment of our own race.

:afro: ITA with both of ya&#39;ll. This kind of thinking is insane. To me, the idea of people of African descent replacing blind self-hate with blind hate of others is like replacing alcohol addiction with drug addiction. :afro:

morena23
03-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by afrogeek@Mar 14 2005, 04:08 AM
:afro: This kind of thinking is insane. To me, the idea of people of African descent replacing blind self-hate with blind hate of others is like replacing alcohol addiction with drug addiction. :afro:

Good analogy! I just don&#39;t understand how someone could condone hate from anyone. It&#39;s not like it ever accomplishes anything. :rolleyes:

charli
03-14-2005, 03:05 PM
I have been reading this thread for a while now, wondering whether or not to post.

I have never been a follower of Dr. Muhammad (or liked him very much), stemming from a huge brouhaha that happened when I was in college, many years ago. At that time Khalid came to an HBCU, gave a speech. Wrong words, wrong place. Huge uproar, the JDL got involved, the government got involved (the school was heavily subsidized by government funds) and forced the university to change a lot of policies regarding "free speech". Well, not necessarily free speech, but definitely on campus speakers.

As a result, even mild and moderate, non-muslim groups with a large muslim participation were shuffled out of the spotlight, low key and a lot of things changed.

The one thing I did notice about this man, and supposedly this got him into serious conflict with the other leadership of the NOI, is that... well... he lacked a certain decorum about what he said and where he said it.

I can&#39;t knock him for it, I mean, you can&#39;t always sugarcoat, but his actions had consequences for others who were not aware they were taking that risk with him when they invited him to speak.

Anyhow, I find the comparisons to Malcolm interesting. Because, well, honestly speaking, how different was Malcolm when he first gained notoriety as a progressive leader in the black community? he was just as militant, but, even though he had his enlightening on his pilgrimage, you also remember that he was also heavily... reprimanded (for a lack of a better word) by the NOI leadership.

Because it wasn&#39;t all about saying what you wanted to say, but making sure, as I said before, you didn&#39;t put people at risk.

So in that regard, I don&#39;t think they were all THAT different. Yes Malcolm changed, but his hand was also forced. Either way, he wouldn&#39;t have been able to continue with his more radical, more "militant" persona even if that&#39;s what he still felt. We romanticize Malcolm because he has had books, movies, because he was assassinated. And I won&#39;t go word for word, tit for tat and say did Malcolm say this, did he say that to compare him to Dr. Muhammad, but the reality is the basic premise isn&#39;t all that different.

Who knows what would have happened to Dr. Muhammad if he had toned down his messages and, well, become more acceptable to the mainstream. Who knows IF he would have done it. But had he done it, he very well could have been the modern day Malcolm X.

But anyhow, much of the conversation on this board is about hate and hate speech. And let&#39;s be real, this COUNTRY will never be hate free. So it&#39;s always somebody that&#39;s gonna have issue somebody. Somebody wanting to eliminate somebody. Do I think black militants are bad for this "hate" well, no, because when the ish really hits the fans, it&#39;s those who people say harbor so much hate (remember they said the same thing about the Black Panther Party) that will be on the front lines and all the "everybody loving everybodies" will want that protection.

((side note-- it&#39;s not like anybody is advocating going around hating people for no reason, it&#39;s more like, we give what we get. We retaliate in kind. From what I KNEW back THEN of what I knew of, it&#39;s not like he was saying "let&#39;s go out and kill us some honkeys for no reasons" it was about being prepared to act upon those who act upon us.))

And I can&#39;t knock these "militant blacks" because while Jessie Jackson is rhyming on the microphone and Al Sharpton is showing off his new press and curl-- both of them solely whoring for media attention and nothing more, the "militant blacks" are the ones who really form the grassroots campaigns for change.

morena23
03-14-2005, 03:15 PM
That&#39;s where the topic went a little off. Many people believe that Militant = hateful, when often times it means disciplined. You can be anti-militant and be hatefule.

But when you are Militant and hateful, all of your discipline is bottled up into organizing and spreading your hate. That is the problem.

dyverse00
03-14-2005, 05:14 PM
I don&#39;t agree with any type of hate. Though, I do think that Militant Blacks get blamed for just wanting justice for their people. People always to to point at them and call what they say as hate, but when they need protection or are done wrong and need help with justice then they are running to them. My boyfriend is a black panther and it is so different now than it was back then. They help people who are done wrong, not just blacks either. People who are trying to be muscled by the law to give up their land and people who are being harrassed and all types of stuff. The bottom line is hate and racism still exists. We can try to push it under the rug and act like we can all get along, but the truth is we will not all get along until there is justice for all people. There has not been justice for blacks since we were forced over here to build America. Our ancestors blood, sweat, and tears built this country, but we still get the short end of the stick. We know that we are the last hired and the first fired and that we get racial profiled all the time. Look at how many black males are in jail that are wrongfully accused, to me that is just another way to keep us enslaved. All rights are taken from you in jail and think of how many families grow up without a male role model in the home. I mean you have to look at the big picture here. This is more that just about Militant Blacks, it is about history. Most of the people that are against these people do not know their own history and still see America as the Mirage that was put before us. Blacks were mentally brain washed, (The Willie Lynch Letter) and this still has an effect on us till this day. Like I said I am against all types of hate from and towards any persons or people. But I can say that I am black and proud to be black and I will fight towards the justice for blacks, because if I don&#39;t fight for myself, then who will. If none of us fought for our fights during the civil rights movement, then where would we be today? It was many blacks who did nothing and said nothing during that time. They accepted what was given to them, even though they were not happy. But to get change there has to be action. You may be satisfied with how America treats you and the things you are allowed to do, but many of us are not. Racism may not be blatant as it was before, but it is still there. It just is in the fog that you must clear up to realize that it is there. The fight for equality is not over, it did not end with the civil rights movement. There is still work to be done and many of us do not want to do the work that is required to get the results that we want. We just want to live off of work that others did before us and complain when things don&#39;t go our way. Rarely, do we follow through with action. I love all people, but I have to help myself before I can go out and start to help others.

morena23
03-14-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by dyverse00@Mar 14 2005, 10:14 AM
I don&#39;t agree with any type of hate. Though, I do think that Militant Blacks get blamed for just wanting justice for their people. People always to to point at them and call what they say as hate, but when they need protection or are done wrong and need help with justice then they are running to them. My boyfriend is a black panther and it is so different now than it was back then. They help people who are done wrong, not just blacks either. People who are trying to be muscled by the law to give up their land and people who are being harrassed and all types of stuff. The bottom line is hate and racism still exists. We can try to push it under the rug and act like we can all get along, but the truth is we will not all get along until there is justice for all people. There has not been justice for blacks since we were forced over here to build America. Our ancestors blood, sweat, and tears built this country, but we still get the short end of the stick. We know that we are the last hired and the first fired and that we get racial profiled all the time. Look at how many black males are in jail that are wrongfully accused, to me that is just another way to keep us enslaved. All rights are taken from you in jail and think of how many families grow up without a male role model in the home. I mean you have to look at the big picture here. This is more that just about Militant Blacks, it is about history. Most of the people that are against these people do not know their own history and still see America as the Mirage that was put before us. Blacks were mentally brain washed, (The Willie Lynch Letter) and this still has an effect on us till this day. Like I said I am against all types of hate from and towards any persons or people. But I can say that I am black and proud to be black and I will fight towards the justice for blacks, because if I don&#39;t fight for myself, then who will. If none of us fought for our fights during the civil rights movement, then where would we be today? It was many blacks who did nothing and said nothing during that time. They accepted what was given to them, even though they were not happy. But to get change there has to be action. You may be satisfied with how America treats you and the things you are allowed to do, but many of us are not. Racism may not be blatant as it was before, but it is still there. It just is in the fog that you must clear up to realize that it is there. The fight for equality is not over, it did not end with the civil rights movement. There is still work to be done and many of us do not want to do the work that is required to get the results that we want. We just want to live off of work that others did before us and complain when things don&#39;t go our way. Rarely, do we follow through with action. I love all people, but I have to help myself before I can go out and start to help others.

Fighting for justice and killing innocent babies are two different things. Why is this man&#39;s hate being disguised as concern for the Black community? If this were a white man talking about doing this to black people, would we be so quick to say, "oh, he&#39;s just standing up for his people"? That isn&#39;t standing up for your people, that is only filling our youth up with hate so that they can end up in jail for actually doing what this man advocates.

The best way to bring "our people" up is through education, not killing or shunning an entire race of people.

dyverse00
03-14-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by morena23@Mar 14 2005, 12:34 PM
Fighting for justice and killing innocent babies are two different things. Why is this man&#39;s hate being disguised as concern for the Black community? If this were a white man talking about doing this to black people, would we be so quick to say, "oh, he&#39;s just standing up for his people"? That isn&#39;t standing up for your people, that is only filling our youth up with hate so that they can end up in jail for actually doing what this man advocates.

The best way to bring "our people" up is through education, not killing or shunning an entire race of people.

I agree with that. Like I said, I do not agree with any form of hate. I am not backing him. I do not back any kind of hate. I am giving my view point on how people see some things as a mirage. I do not agree with killing people of any race. I never once said him in particular. But many people are labled militant because they do not go with the norm. His case is extreme and I do not advocate that or agree with that. What I do agree with is that we still need to fight for justice, not just civil rights, but human rights and I agree that we must start that with educating ourselves.

pwr_puff
03-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by dyverse00@Mar 14 2005, 12:14 PM

- :afro: love your post.

---many of us need to take off our rose colored glasses and see things for what they are.---

morena23
03-14-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by pwr_puff@Mar 14 2005, 11:13 AM
- :afro: love your post.

---many of us need to take our rose colored glasses and see things for what they are.---

Or put on the Kool Moe Dee shades and a beret and git to killin, right? <_<

pwr_puff
03-14-2005, 06:51 PM
:rolleyes:
im not gonna take your bait.you can have the last word. ^_^ have a nice day.

morena23
03-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by pwr_puff@Mar 14 2005, 11:51 AM
im not gonna take your bait.you can have the last word. ^_^ have a nice day.

You&#39;re right - that was an azzhole comment. I&#39;m sorry.

Lotuswoman
03-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by mondo@Mar 12 2005, 04:32 AM
I have to go with Aswadah on this. Looking back at the original post, it notes:
Way to gloss over a digusting, horrible way to take a man&#39;s life. They dragged that poor man around like a dog through the streets, until his body part fell off due to the stress of being dragged on the ground.

DESPERATE TIMES CALL FOR DESPERATE MEASURES.
And yes, in his time, Malcolm X pissed off a lot of people, he was deemed a rabble rouser and evil with his "chickens coming home to roost" comments when Kennedy was assassinated.

I thank God that someone out there had the guts and courage to put himself, his life, out there and stand up against this crap so I don&#39;t have to. So I can live my comfy little life, buy my 2% milk, order pay-per-view, discuss "hair twists or braids??" online and work like a good little soldier and a be productive member of society. I consider myself lucky that it isn&#39;t my "role" to do this. SOMEBODY has to stand up and say F$%K this and shake people up and make the difference. I wish I had the COURAGE to be that person.

:smil3f72836ee752e:

Peaches
03-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by morena23@Mar 14 2005, 04:38 PM
You&#39;re right - that was an azzhole comment. I&#39;m sorry.

Sorry?! I don&#39;t wanna hear no "Sorry for.. two thousand foe".. I&#39;m ready to fight dammit! :angry: Let&#39;s get militant. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/fighting/1/fighting42.gif.. Let&#39;s kick some azz.. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/fighting/1/fighting22.gif

It&#39;s about time for a militant vs. peaceful nappy fight.

Fighting for justice and killing innocent babies are two different things.
I agree with your comments Morena.

Peaches
03-14-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by charli@Mar 14 2005, 12:05 PM

The one thing I did notice about this man, and supposedly this got him into serious conflict with the other leadership of the NOI, is that... well... he lacked a certain decorum about what he said and where he said it.

I can&#39;t knock him for it, I mean, you can&#39;t always sugarcoat, but his actions had consequences for others who were not aware they were taking that risk with him when they invited him to speak.

This is what I&#39;ve been trying to say too. Even though he may make a lot of statements that are true about racism and hatred, people simply can not live in shells. There is some connection to the larger society at some boundary or another. It&#39;s not even a matter of pacifying whitey.. it&#39;s about jeopardizing the educations and livelihoods of blacks. Telling black men to go out and kill white babies simply can not benefit the black community as a whole. It can only make Mr. Muhammad feel better.

nina
03-14-2005, 10:31 PM
In my view Khalid was a wannabe-Malcolm and barely worthy enough to have brung him a roll of toilet paper. I have never read or heard anything evidencing Khalid to have a fraction of the intelligence of Malcolm either.

Courage and true love for your people is (upon learning Elijah only talks the talk and nailing and impregnating all over the place, and that other workings and high members within the NOI are simply low down) refusing to be complicit in leading them into the muck. That was Malcolm.

Self-centered cowardice and lack of true love for your people is using your anger and need for attention and revenge to lead them into muck and depravity (kill all the whites). Don’t think twice or care about their souls or turning them into murderers as Malcolm’s lesson about “chickens coming home to roost” flies right over your head. That was Khalid.

I did not get any indication of a call to kill innocents from Malcolm’s “Ballot Or The Bullet” speech. What I got was Malcolm saying if you don’t educate yourself, work for your right to vote and vote out whites working to deny your rights, laws will not change. Whites who terrorize and attack to keep you in your place will continue to do so with impunity and you’ll have to use a bullet to defend yourself and ward off their attack. Here is an excerpt of what Malcolm said: “That&#39;s why, in 1964, it&#39;s time now for you and me to become more politically mature and realize what the ballot is for; what we&#39;re supposed to get when we cast a ballot; and that if we don&#39;t cast a ballot, it&#39;s going to end up in a situation where we&#39;re going to have to cast a bullet. It&#39;s either a ballot or a bullet.”

Although I find it amusing dialogue, I don’t think “quality dialogue” is throwing a tizzy and tossing ‘ignorant, misinformed, stubborn, arrogant, self-hating, prideful and lacking true knowledge’ adjectives in the direction of those who disagree, have a different perspective or refuse to co-sign murderous revenge.

~*welekevu*~
03-14-2005, 11:00 PM
Wow, there are a lot of different perceptions in here. I was gonna just lurk around, but I have to agree with a lot of my conscious sisters.

That being said, I don&#39;t think militancy necessarily denotes violence and hate although through our collective experiences it may connote that. It&#39;s all relative.

Also, a lot of the dislike that militant brothers and sisters harbor is not based on race and race alone... I know for me my distrust and dislike stems from the treatment of people. We have been disregarded, dismissed, disdained and disgraced by a people who happen to be of European descent. I&#39;m sure I would have the same feelings about them if they were any other race or I was any other race. The attitude that they have historically emitted that they can treat anybody any way, do anything, say anything and it&#39;s okay because of their descent is what makes my blood boil. Their treatment is what fuels the fire, their whiteness, to me at least, is secondary, it&#39;s an "oh and by the way". It&#39;s not the major issue, but often times because a people are so synonymous with their behavior, then race is viewed as the primary issue. Just something to think about. Peace and Power.

:afro: welekevu

NLight1
03-15-2005, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by nina@Mar 14 2005, 05:31 PM
Although I find it amusing dialogue, I don’t think “quality dialogue” is throwing a tizzy and tossing ‘ignorant, misinformed, stubborn, arrogant, self-hating, prideful and lacking true knowledge’ adjectives in the direction of those who disagree, have a different perspective or refuse to co-sign murderous revenge.

Thought you knew sis, whenver there is a thread like this and you don&#39;t agree with the majority view in it, then something must be wrong with you. You lack consciousness, you hate yourself and you lack "true" knowledge. :rolleyes: Well, to that my response is I am very happy to in the minority of not advocating killing babies and spreading hate. :dunno:

Fighting for justice and killing innocent babies are two different things.
Why is this clear as day for some and so hard to grasp for many others? I mean, gee, you can&#39;t fight for justice without killing folks right <_<

nina
03-15-2005, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by NLight1@Mar 15 2005, 03:41 AM
Thought you knew sis, whenver there is a thread like this and you don&#39;t agree with the majority view in it, then something must be wrong with you. You lack consciousness, you hate yourself and you lack "true" knowledge. :rolleyes: Well, to that my response is I am very happy to in the minority of not advocating killing babies and spreading hate.
Yes I&#39;ve noticed that trend, Nlight. Don&#39;t bother me none but I feel cheated because the old "you just love you some whitey" wasn&#39;t tacked on the end of that played out routine (or was it). I was in the mood for more comedy. :)

LOCUGOD
03-16-2005, 11:40 AM
R.I.P- Bro. Khalid. He is missed dearly. They don&#39;t mak&#39;em like him anymore! He was a beautiful brother.

morena23
03-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by LOCUGOD@Mar 16 2005, 04:40 AM
They don&#39;t mak&#39;em like him anymore!

Yes they do...

All c-in
03-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Honestly, Its time that we stand up for injustice to our ppl I&#39;m ready to fight! :angry: Don&#39;t get it twisted there is a difference between being militant and being violent. I&#39;m not about to stand by while the police terrorize ppl in my neighborhood. That&#39;s what the original Black Panther party was about. I don&#39;t believe the man literally meant "go out and kill babies and white women" yall are looking too deep into this.
:icon_headshake: Listen to the message and not the tone of his voice.

beautfiul
03-17-2005, 09:56 PM
I just wish that more blacks would come together as a people and stop hating on their fellow brother/sister. Racism and prejudice is very much a part of our country to on every level wether it be government or the waiter down the street. And there are still so many people who are so stuck on "everyone is the same (which is true to some extent) that they fail to see how much of the same issues that our people faced in the past are still very much in existence today, they just dont see it because it is coated by the industrialized society that we live in so they fail to see the parallels. Until we all come together as a people and stop acting like everything is peachy in the way we are discriminated against in jobs, stores, classes and even sterilized by doctors, there will never be on total justice for us. That doesnt mean hate white people..... it means hate injustice.......... which is what this is about right.........

mahsoul1
03-23-2005, 06:25 PM
" mean, gee, you can&#39;t fight for justice without killing folks right"?

sadly, you cant. when stokely carmichael and SNCC and Fanie Lou Hamer ( and countless, nameless others) fought for justice, marched for justice, equality, civil rights, black power and self-determination, foks were killed. know why? bc they(thecolonialist/oppressive/racist monolith) wont allow there to be no killing---they do the killing. so many black and white have been killed for just that. so, indadvertenely, to fight for justice is to put yours and other people&#39;s lives at risk--that is the price. im not saying that this is what you were saying, just borrowing( :P ) your quote to illustrate a different point.

and another point i wanted to make, one can by justifiably(sp?) militant and hateful. you can be militant(i hate that this word has such a negative connotation for so many) and hate that black people were shot left and rigtht for trying to register folks to vote, for trying to educate each other on the need for self-determination(the true meaning of black power). you can hate the institutionalized racism and a society built on your very oppression ( sure there is more than hating-you gotta actually do something) Maybe im so gung-ho bc i just read Kwame Ture&#39;s autobio. :wub:

i do see and respect
the points of the what someone termed the "everybody love everbody" people but those opinions are more idealistic than i think the world will ever be. plus, i tend to be partial to my own people&#39;s advancements.( not saying that they feel differently) dont care what that makes me in some people&#39;s eyes

everyting else was said so well by charli, wekelevu, aswahda

im know im super late-just had to add my take ^_^