PDA

View Full Version : Sacred Blood

Medusa Negrita
01-21-2003, 07:59 PM
There is a lot of relgious/spiritual significance surrounding the menstration of women. Why were men scared of women on their periods, often isolating them away from the group, thinking they could be cursed, thinking the devil inhabited women during this time and the sort. I heard that one such group thought that women were devilishly posessed because they could bleed for days and not die from loss of blood. Menstraul blood could also be used in spells and courses and such. Do you think think the overimportance of menstual blood was overrated or unwarranted in the past, especially since in todays technology we know what it does and why we do it? Or does it still hold some other 'other wordly' qualities?

NaturalSerenity
01-21-2003, 11:15 PM
Well I agree that the flow of a women's monthly blood is certainly a divine and sacred mystery. The monthly menstruation is often compared to the monthly cycle of the moon; and many say that during this time, a woman is more powerful and more able to access the Divine than any other time during the month.

During my *moontime,* I perform special rituals celebrating my womanhood and the sacred mysteries of women. It has proven very empowering for me overall and helps me have a more appreciative and sacred sense of myself.