PDA

View Full Version : Help! Didn't Think This Would Happen To Me!

Omorena
05-05-2005, 09:57 PM
I feel sort of embarrassed to say this especially here... :blush: but I DO straighten out my hair ev'ry now and then...BUT I wear my hair Au' Naturale about 80% of the time. Just a few days ago after haveing my hair straighten(with a flaming hot tool of hair torture) I washed my hair and after being drenched I found a good portion of my ends were STRAIGHT!! I'm soo dissappointed :doh

Has this happend to any of ya'll? do you think my napps will come back with more moisture?

canadiana
05-05-2005, 10:44 PM
I'm sorry that happened to you. You may have to cut the ends off. Maybe you could deep condition your hair.

henrei
05-06-2005, 12:32 AM
Wow, you are the second person who has posted something about heat straightening in the past couple of days. Before Nappturality, I never knew that heat couple permanently straighten one's nappy hair. So sorry for your loss (especially since I know how long it took me to grow my naps). Good luck :)

LilShortRib
05-06-2005, 03:36 AM
I am sorry to hear about this experience. I, too, before joining NP didn't know about the dangers of heat styling. You may want to read Dee's (NP founder) article (http://www.nappturality.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24408) on heat styling. Be grateful that not all your napps were ruined in the experience, there have been past members that have ruined their whole head!

feepee
05-06-2005, 04:10 AM
well i'm not sorry for ya. you already knew better.

to answer your question, no this ain't happened to me. it never will cuz NOW i know better.

if u don't like the straight ends, cut it off and stop burning the hair straight . duh!

Niya
05-06-2005, 04:22 AM
<_<

seriously, how many people does this have to happen to?

seems from your first sentences you already knew the deal. and i&#39;m willing to bet you already know the answers to your questions. no, if the naps are damaged, no moisture, no product, is going to bring them back.

deecoily
05-06-2005, 04:28 AM
High heat straightening tools are the enemies of nappy hair.

Nothing will bring burned, heat damaged hair back from the dead. Nothing. Your ends are toast.

Once you damage your hair like that you will have to cut if off. You can use a protein conditioner to try and stop the brittle hair from breaking off on its own right away but you are better off just cutting it.

20% or 80% doesn&#39;t matter. It only takes ONE time to ruin your hair. Remember that.

~Dee~

Whitley Gilbert
05-06-2005, 04:28 AM
You should just do a search on the topic and read those threads. It has happened to so many folks and unfortunately it is going to continue to happen to many others. Learn from your mistake is all I can say. Good luck!

lovelyleo
05-06-2005, 04:41 AM
I cant be sorry for you either cause there are plenty of threads lingering around WARNING! about the damaging affects of curling, straightening, flat irons and the like so please dont expect no pitty here. U knew better....play NEXT to the FIRE eventually you will get BURNT!

Cutie McPretty
05-06-2005, 04:58 AM
Mama Dee must have a headache by now from having to repeat herself over and over and over.... :doh -- Tryce

curlyc326
05-06-2005, 06:48 AM
i too didnt know :dunno: the dangers of heat styling until one day i went to the salon to get a trim. so they blowed dried my hair so they can get a good trim. i guess on some sections she might have used to much heat that a few not very noticable strands of hair were straight i thought it was going to bounce back but it didnt. so i cut those strands off. i now dont believe in blow drying or straightning your hair. i love the way my hair :afro: is but all i was doing was trying to get a trim.

coolhandlulu
05-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Omorena, I&#39;m sure a lot of other new nappies will be thankful for your post. Your embarrassment will be someone elses gain. I&#39;ve only been nappy since Oct &#39;04 and I was fortunate enough to have read Dee&#39;s pinned post on heat styling. If it wasn&#39;t for that, I probably would have been in your shoes, thinking that temporarily straightening could give me some variety with hair styles and such. You&#39;ve done your penance by posting on here. Now commit yourself to NO HEAT. There are so many beautiful styles out there that to not require heat to achieve.

Dolliesdaughter
05-06-2005, 12:47 PM
You have been a member long (Jan 04) enough to have known that you were literally playing with fire. The best thing to do is to cut those ends off because your can not unburn, unfry, unwhatever hair. Good luck.

nicolelarri
05-06-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by feepee@May 5 2005, 11:10 PM
well i&#39;m not sorry for ya. you already knew better.

to answer your question, no this ain&#39;t happened to me. it never will cuz NOW i know better.

if u don&#39;t like the straight ends, cut it off and stop burning the hair straight . duh!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, It does seem like you knew what could happen before you did it. Im not judging your choice of hairstyle, thats not my place. Whether you wear YOUR hair straight or nappy is up to you, you made the choice to use extreme heat on your hair so you must live with that decision. If its damaged and the texture doesnt return after a good deep condition and a few washes then cutting of the damaged areas is you only option..

PS. People!!!! Please read the stickies, they are there for a reason :afro:

Jazitones
05-06-2005, 12:56 PM
extreme heat=damage hair. Sorry... just clip those horrid ends off and start over again. ;)

jmnappy
05-06-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by tryce@May 6 2005, 04:58 AM
Mama Dee must have a headache by now from having to repeat herself over and over and over.... :doh -- Tryce

Ain&#39;t that the truth.

Any heating device that can reach up to 300 degrees can and will do damage.

MsNubiaAfua
05-06-2005, 01:48 PM
The next time you wash your hair use Infusium 23 leave in conditioner treatment. I prefer the original one. It should get your hair back in shape.

mlduvall
05-06-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by coolhandlulu@May 6 2005, 07:36 AM
Omorena, I&#39;m sure a lot of other new nappies will be thankful for your post. Your embarrassment will be someone elses gain. I&#39;ve only been nappy since Oct &#39;04 and I was fortunate enough to have read Dee&#39;s pinned post on heat styling. If it wasn&#39;t for that, I probably would have been in your shoes, thinking that temporarily straightening could give me some variety with hair styles and such. You&#39;ve done your penance by posting on here. Now commit yourself to NO HEAT. There are so many beautiful styles out there that to not require heat to achieve.

Ditto... You can probably give it a few washes to see if your napps will spring back (I&#39;ve seen where some people have said they noticed a difference after mutiple washes). If that doesn&#39;t help, the best thing to do would be to cut the damaged ends off. Sorry to hear this happened to you, but we live and learn. Good luck!

Monica, :afro:

PacificSky
05-06-2005, 02:25 PM
:icon_headshake: just testing out the word play

Niya
05-06-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by lovelyleo@May 5 2005, 10:41 PM
play NEXT to the FIRE eventually you will get BURNT!

got me a new sig line

knottygirl
05-06-2005, 02:51 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is craaaaaazy. Why oh, oh why, oh why? Why do we do it yall? What is the problem? Heat equals what? Burn. What happens when you put heat under a pot of water, or a pan of grease. It cooks right?! Gee whizzz. When are we gonna learn? What is the point of making a statement of how proud you are of your natural hair and then you want to burn it all up? I guess this is the time when you can really ask yourself. "am I really proud of my naps"? If you have any doubt whats-so-eva, you need to rethink growing it out naturally because the undecisiveness will take you to all kind of measures with burning your hair being at the top of the list. Natural means just that. No heat, not process, no chemicals. Basically sticking with as much natural resources as you can. Ugggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!

Shanna
05-06-2005, 03:15 PM
It only takes ONE time to ruin your hair. Remember that.

This needs to be repeated. :icon_headshake:

wcgraham
05-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Omorena@May 5 2005, 05:57 PM
(with a flaming hot tool of hair torture)

I&#39;m sorry-when I saw this phrase I was :pointlaugh:

I, too, am short on sympathy. I haven&#39;t even been around all that long, but I keep seeing these same problems pop up.

NAPPIES: Step away from the flaming hot tool of hair torture. Put it down. No touchey. Ne touche pas.

Only1biancab
05-06-2005, 03:30 PM
I think that heat-damaged hair is missing two things: 1) water and 2) the ability to retain water. To help it attract water try using humectants like honey and glycerine. Use these when it&#39;s really humid outside. Also do some conditioning treatments. Conditioners have oil in them. The oil will coat the outer layer of your hair, which will help your hair retain water. When you&#39;re in the sun, try putting a UV sunblock for hair on your hair or get a clear conditioner to put on. That should stop the sun from soaking up water from you and may prevent some UV damage. The simplest way is to take a pair of scissors and chop it off. You should consider doing these things whether your hair is heat damaged or not.

None of these are permanent answers to damage. If you start thinking that your hair is dead in the first place, maybe you won&#39;t risk it. Good luck. And it&#39;s hair, you&#39;ll grow more.

RoseBurnt
05-06-2005, 05:37 PM
Sorry, mate... I hope you love your hair a lil better now... in times of doubt.. buy a weave.. it will only hurt your pocket ( and maybe people&#39;s eyes if aint aint done right :doh )

Peace :)

littlefish
05-06-2005, 06:57 PM
I guess it was only a "flaming hot tool of hair torture" when it finally burned your hair, huh?

I&#39;d like to say I&#39;m sympathetic, but I&#39;m not. It seems that folks are not only ignoring Dee&#39;s warning up there not-so-subtly titled "On Heat and Straightening," but they&#39;re obviously ignoring post after post from people who have made the mistake and from those who have reminded them that yes ...

HEAT DAMAGES YOUR HAIR!

People will heed the call for buying this product and that product, but no one seems to pay attention to this simple warning about using heat.

It&#39;s not that I couldn&#39;t care less what anyone does with her hair -- though the fact is that I really couldn&#39;t care less (the only hair I worry about is my own; you all are grown and can do what you want) -- but I am amazed that posts like this keep popping up. We should get one of those tickers to count down when the next "surprised" victim of heat damage shows up.

Getting off my soapbox now ...

littlefish

Niya
05-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by littlefish@May 6 2005, 12:57 PM
I guess it was only a "flaming hot tool of hair torture" when it finally burned your hair, huh?

:lol: Whispers: that was the word filter.

jmnappy
05-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Just curious as to what you have to type in to get these filters....they&#39;re hilarious.

vinny_46
05-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by littlefish@May 6 2005, 10:57 AM

I&#39;d like to say I&#39;m sympathetic, but I&#39;m not. It seems that folks are not only ignoring Dee&#39;s warning up there not-so-subtly titled "On Heat and Straightening," but they&#39;re obviously ignoring post after post from people who have made the mistake and from those who have reminded them that yes ...

HEAT DAMAGES YOUR HAIR!

People will heed the call for buying this product and that product, but no one seems to pay attention to this simple warning about using heat.

It&#39;s not that I couldn&#39;t care less what anyone does with her hair -- though the fact is that I really couldn&#39;t care less (the only hair I worry about is my own; you all are grown and can do what you want) -- but I am amazed that posts like this keep popping up. We should get one of those tickers to count down when the next "surprised" victim of heat damage shows up.

Getting off my soapbox now ...

littlefish

Thank you!! :smil3f72836ee752e: :smil3f72836ee752e: :smil3f72836ee752e:

:icon_headshake:

Coquettish
05-06-2005, 08:47 PM
so sorry to hear that...I completely understand wanting some versatility. I don&#39;t wanna wear my hair/dress/drive to work the same way all the time either.

That being said, we have been warned (on multiple occasions) about the dangers of using heat. It&#39;s up to each individual to decide if they want to risk it. I&#39;m not knocking anyone who decides to do it, but you may have to cut your losses/ends and chalk it up to a learning experience.

Good luck

DymSx
05-06-2005, 08:51 PM
I don&#39;t think Dee will be happy with this thread...

littlefish
05-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Thanks, 1ntellect, for sharing that the parenthetical in the original post was a word filter. (That&#39;s pretty funny!)

Nonetheless ...

littlefish

debsen
05-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Just a point of information: it is not necessary to straighten hair in order to trim it correctly. A skilled natural stylist can trim your hair properly without straightening it.

You don&#39;t need to straighten hair to get a change of style or versatility. If you look through all of the hair albums here, you&#39;ll see more styles than you can do in a lifetime and these styles don&#39;t involve straightening hair.

No sympathy here. :icon_headshake:

You will need to cut off the straightened hair if you want a nappy look.

netta1
05-06-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by RoseBurnt@May 6 2005, 05:37 PM

Sorry, mate... I hope you love your hair a lil better now... in times of doubt.. buy a weave.. it will only hurt your pocket ( and maybe people&#39;s eyes if aint aint done right :doh )

DITTO..... ^_^

Ebony
05-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by DymSx@May 6 2005, 03:51 PM
I don&#39;t think Dee will be happy with this thread...

Eh? Dee been up in this thread a while ago, you need to go back a couple of posts :D

mahsoul1
05-06-2005, 09:46 PM
try trimming in twists. once you have denatured the proteins in your hair with the heat--they have lost their natural structure and shape forever. thnk about it this way--can you unfry an egg??. eggs are full of protein, once u fry it there is no going back. some people&#39;s hair migh bounce back if the proteins are not completely denatured --but usually you have to just cut it off and re-grow it. i agree with the advice to get a weave if you want it straight--your hair will thank you.

Safiyyah
05-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by deecoily+May 6 2005, 04:28 AM-->
Your ends are toast.

~Dee~

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-RoseBurnt@May 6 2005, 05:37 PM

LOL!

No sympathy here either. Your post indicates you already knew heat = damage but insisted on heat 20% of the time for.... more styling options? Well I too hope you love you hair a little better now

As for these word filters let me try some:
curling iron (c.u.r.l.i.n.g i.r.o.n)

relaxer (r.e.l.a.x.e.r)

errm I have been in the nappy world too long, i only seem to remember what is good for the hair since thats all am interested in practicing.

ETA I guess the filters didnt work for me

Shanna
05-06-2005, 10:03 PM
straighten (s.t.r.a.i.ghten)

burning the hair straight comb (p.r.e.s.s. ing c.o.mb)

press (p.r.e.s.s.)

flaming hot tool of hair torture (h.o.t. c.o.m.B)

flat iron (f.l.a.t. i.r.o.n)

sillygirl
05-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Off topic

hair textures by andre seem to have got to the editor

3. C (is now nappy)

Alicia2003
05-06-2005, 11:04 PM
Yeah, you lost your napps. Life&#39;s a...

Jazitones
05-06-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by sillygirl@May 6 2005, 07:02 PM
Off topic

3. C (is now nappy)

:smil3f9cf95099cff: :lol: again. You know why nappy is considered nappy because too many black folks claiming that hair type. :lol:

Shanna
05-06-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Jazitones@May 6 2005, 07:06 PM
:smil3f9cf95099cff: :lol: again. You know why nappy is considered nappy because too many black folks claiming that hair type. :lol:

:lol:

TrickieTam
05-07-2005, 12:11 AM
Another victim of heat damage I see. Hmm, moving along :bolt:

Melanizm
05-07-2005, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by feepee@May 6 2005, 04:10 AM

to answer your question, no this ain&#39;t happened to me. it never will cuz NOW i know better.

if u don&#39;t like the straight ends, cut it off and stop burning the hair straight . duh!

:lol:

nappyhaitian
05-07-2005, 03:01 AM
Clip the ends and move forward. I had my hair burnt ONCE in my entire life, that was last year and I had to do a 2nd BC because my texture was not the same after I washed my hair. I cut off all 9 inches and started over. I won&#39;t even blow dry my hair......You know better sis....I dont&#39; care what they say "burning the hair straight" is not good for your napps PERIOD..... :angry:

meagan22
05-07-2005, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by Jazitones@May 6 2005, 07:06 PM

:pointlaugh: :lol: :lol: :lol: I :wub: WORD FILTERS!

Happy2BNappy
05-07-2005, 08:34 AM
You played Russian Roulette with your hair and lost. Sorry sweetie but your ends are fried. May as well cut them off.

And the only way to guarantee this won&#39;t happen again is to be nappy 100% of the time.

afrodite2103
05-07-2005, 11:14 AM
the funny thing is that while i was reading this thread a commercial for a combo flat flaming hot tool of hair torture/curling iron came on TV claiming that using it nourishes your hair. :lol: how ridicuous! so now burning the crap out of your hair is nourishing

I agree with the other people. i won&#39;t bash you since the damage is done. if it doesn&#39;t bounce back after a couple of washes then just cut it and start over.

Only1biancab
05-07-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by littlefish@May 6 2005, 12:57 PM
It seems that folks are not only ignoring Dee&#39;s warning up there not-so-subtly titled "On Heat and Straightening," but they&#39;re obviously ignoring post after post from people who have made the mistake and from those who have reminded them that yes ...

Stickies aren&#39;t read in general. If you&#39;ve been to more than just this forum you&#39;ll notice that right away. New people will ask questions on things that were already answered in stickies at the top of the forums. Even veterans/regulars don&#39;t read the stickies sometimes.

nik77natural
05-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Me too, girl!

http://public.fotki.com/nik77natural/nappy...aightened2.html (http://public.fotki.com/nik77natural/nappy_is_not_a_bad_word/growth/straightened2.html) :icon_headshake:

netta1
05-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by sillygirl@May 6 2005, 11:02 PM
Off topic

3. C (is now nappy)

truly a sad day for folks who can&#39;t bear to think of their hair as nappy.... :dunno:

I wonder what folks will claim now.... :D <_<

lovechild
05-07-2005, 06:52 PM
*Sigh*....Another one bites the dust..... :icon_headshake:

born2lead
05-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Thank you for sharing. Now I know what not to do.

Omorena
05-09-2005, 11:32 PM
For all of you who shared your thoughts,(thanks) most of which were enlightning and some I must say STUNG a bit but hey that&#39;s your thoughts I respect that...

I&#39;ll try some of the remedies you all shared and see what happens...you live you learn.

Niya
05-10-2005, 12:18 AM
Maybe threads like this need to be bumped every week so more people will learn from other&#39;s mistakes.

Poohbear215
05-10-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by 1ntellect@May 9 2005, 07:18 PM
Maybe threads like this need to be bumped every week so more people will learn from other&#39;s mistakes.

Yeah. ^_^

I wish I would have seen this thread before I let my mom p.r.e.s.s. my hair with a s.t.o.ve. h.o.t. c.o.m.b. :doh

And you know what? She posted this thread on the same day I got my hair p.r.e.s.s.e.d! :shocker:

Well now, once I cut off my damaged hair, I will have grow in hair that is COMPLETELY chemical-free and heat-free! :afro:

BlackAngels
05-10-2005, 12:30 AM
Damn sistah girl was just asking a quesiton dont be embarassed girl
you asking a question that you felt like asking I dont know why
some of the chicas on here are biting your head off <_< like you
commited a sin for straightening out your hair im reading the "no
pity" comments and im thinking why do they have no pity
i mean im sure 98 percent of the women and girsl on here have
"lived the ly" and used flat irons and so on so why are they sooo
righteous all ofa sudden. And as for heat always being damaging im
sure it can cause damage but if you check some of the lovely ladies albums
on here alot of them have straight hair dos and ther ehair seems to bounce
back quite lovely in toa afro (so maybe you just had bad luck) or used
excessive heat. I am transitoning but when i was fully natural (yes
its my second time around) I use to flat flaming hot tool of hair torture my hair by myself at home
and never had a problem with it i guess it depends on your hair and
styling utensil. I suggest cut them bad b oy ends off and keep it moving.

- peace, love, and hair greese ;)

nurseN98
05-10-2005, 04:53 AM
I noticed that this thread was a lot more harsh on the poster than the other one. I guess everyone got all their frustration and anger out in this thread and will now be as understanding to the next 100 ladies that have the same issue <_<

Omorena,I agree with all the positive & helpful posts. It seems like you&#39;ve learned your lesson, I&#39;m sure your hair will be back in good health in no time. :)

Moderator W
05-10-2005, 04:55 AM
We can all be understanding when folks don&#39;t KNOW any better. But, when you do, c&#39;mon.

monamlisa
05-10-2005, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by nik77natural@May 7 2005, 01:07 PM
Me too, girl!

http://public.fotki.com/nik77natural/nappy...aightened2.html (http://public.fotki.com/nik77natural/nappy_is_not_a_bad_word/growth/straightened2.html) :icon_headshake:

Take another look at inspirational nappies and all the albums here, sounds like you become weak and need inspiration to stay napptural! :afro: Check out niki77 album. :pointlaugh:

guapa1
05-10-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by 1ntellect@May 6 2005, 04:22 AM
<_<

seriously, how many people does this have to happen to?

Not trying to offer an excuse, more like a reason.

I honestly thought my hair was strong enough to withstand it. It didn&#39;t. I didn&#39;t moan or cry, just cut it off and got on with. If you know the risk and take it anyway, there&#39;s no point in moaning. :2cents:

Jendayi
05-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by nurseN98@May 10 2005, 02:53 PM
I noticed that this thread was a lot more harsh on the poster than the other one. I guess everyone got all their frustration and anger out in this thread and will now be as understanding to the next 100 ladies that have the same issue <_<

Omorena,I agree with all the positive & helpful posts. It seems like you&#39;ve learned your lesson, I&#39;m sure your hair will be back in good health in no time. :)

ditto

nybabee1718
05-11-2005, 03:16 AM
I"m sorry for your pain. Try to deep condition, deep condition, deep condition.

I don&#39;t know why this topic has me a little exsaperated (did i spell that right, lol?) I really don&#39;t see why everyone&#39;s going crazy. We&#39;re here to help, so now that you see the effects that heat have on hair so it&#39;s up to you to make your decision. The ball&#39;s in your court.

Poohbear215
05-11-2005, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by feepee@May 5 2005, 11:10 PM

Have you been heat-free and chemical fire cream-free all your life or something??? :huh:

Poohbear215
05-11-2005, 04:35 AM
Have you been heat-free and chemical fire cream-free all your life or something??? :huh:

[/quote]
:pointlaugh: I can&#39;t believe the filter changed &#39;r.e.l.a.x.e.r&#39; to &#39;chemical fire cream&#39;! Oh my!

RoseBurnt
05-11-2005, 03:20 PM
What Feeps is saying is that she&#39;s never felt the urge to do that sorta sorta to her hair again. It&#39;s a dunce move. You really can&#39;t come on NP say that stuff and not expect to be put on blast, hun. Of course we&#39;re sorry for her ( I can&#39;t say it&#39;s happen to me. I love my hair too much to be experimenting). But it&#39;s just another case of "If you can&#39;t hear, you must feel" and that&#39;s a shame.

RoseBurnt
05-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Have you been heat-free and chemical fire cream-free all your life or something??? :huh:</span>

:pointlaugh: I can&#39;t believe the filter changed &#39;r.e.l.a.x.e.r&#39; to &#39;chemical fire cream&#39;! Oh my!

[/quote]

<span style=\'color:purple\'>

Yes, Dee is a very smart lady :D Ingenious, huh

feepee
05-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Poohbear215+May 10 2005, 10:33 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-feepee@May 5 2005, 11:10 PM

[/b]

No i&#39;ve not been chemical free and heat free all me life. BUT I KNOW BETTER NOW AND SO DID YOU.

Roseburnt, i DO NOT feel sorry for the OP because she had been warned but did it anyway. she just didn&#39;t think it would happen to her and it did. oh well. it will grow back. ion have to feel sorry for ya. that&#39;s not my job. even if it was my job i wouldn&#39;t be sincere about it.

I mean it&#39;s not like you didn&#39;t know the risk you were taking when u decided to p.re.ss it. you knew about the risks of heat on your napps and did it anyways. why should i feel sorry for YOUR hair?? i answered the OP&#39;s question. no that has never happened to me. if it did, i&#39;d chop it off. no biggie to me. i like how a twa looks on me. i&#39;ve cut healthy napps down to almost bald with no love lost. i&#39;ve never been one for holding on to damaged hair. me and scissors have a close relationship.

she JUST BC&#39;d from what i read so those few inches will grow back in no time if she chooses to chop &#39;em off.

plus, i didn&#39;t start a thread about "lawd jeefus i burnt my napps by burning the hair straight, i&#39;m so ashamed, has this happened to anyone?" i mean u think u the ONLY nappy head that&#39;s done this? come on now. u expect me to believe u really started the thread to find out if someone else burnt their napps with a fry rake? i, personally, think that alot of folks start threads such as these so folks can come in with rubbin&#39; head smileys saying they sorry for you pain/loss and whatnot. but that&#39;s just MY theory. i could be wrong. but just in case that&#39;s what you were doing, *I* don&#39;t feel sorry for ya.

i&#39;m not mad at ya either. but i can&#39;t fake sympathy for someone who knew better. :dunno:

jmnappy
05-11-2005, 07:04 PM
:lol: at &#39;fry rake&#39; :lol:

That would another good idea for a filter.

cyndependant
05-11-2005, 07:14 PM
HAPPENED TO ME! HAPPEND TO ME! HAPPENED TO ME!
I got it done at a shop and it never went back, i ended up having to cut the ends off, about a good 4 inches... and i waited a good 4 months before i cut them off (i wore my hair braided in the 4 months). THEN my brilliant self wanted it straight again (about a year later) :doh :doh ! HAPPENED AGAIN. now i dont get that done any more. was way more harm then good.