PDA

View Full Version : New Here And Need Help! Desperately

jade1975
05-11-2005, 01:34 AM
Hi, I found this website by accident. I have had a perm almost all my life. Born and raised in Nigeria, straight hair made you look"more sophisticated". hair was long and nice until i came to the United States about ten years ago, then my hair started falling out (probably stress related). Ayear ago, i decided to go natural. with the support of my husband, I started wearing microbraids while growing my hair out. I am finally natural and will be taking out my braids at the end of the month and stepping out.

I am very excited but extremely scared. Relived to find out this website exists as I have a dozen questions.

What do I do when I take out the braids? I know i have to go to a stylist who specializes in natural hair (dont know where yet??? )

How do I treat my hair? and my biggest question is
How do I style my hair for work - I am a dentist who works in a predominantly caucasian surburb in atl, i want to look very professional but dont want a perm ever again if i can help it. I need help, please!

mochalocks
05-15-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by jade1975@May 10 2005, 08:34 PM
Hi, I found this website by accident. I have had a perm almost all my life. Born and raised in Nigeria, straight hair made you look"more sophisticated". hair was long and nice until i came to the United States about ten years ago, then my hair started falling out (probably stress related). Ayear ago, i decided to go natural. with the support of my husband, I started wearing microbraids while growing my hair out. I am finally natural and will be taking out my braids at the end of the month and stepping out.

I am very excited but extremely scared. Relived to find out this website exists as I have a dozen questions.

What do I do when I take out the braids? I know i have to go to a stylist who specializes in natural hair (dont know where yet??? )

How do I treat my hair? and my biggest question is
How do I style my hair for work - I am a dentist who works in a predominantly caucasian surburb in atl, i want to look very professional but dont want a perm ever again if i can help it. I need help, please!

I think its best if you post this,in the Natural Hair Discussion forum,or the Transition discussion forum

Scrills
06-06-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by jade1975@May 10 2005, 08:34 PM

What do I do when I take out the braids? I know i have to go to a stylist who specializes in natural hair (dont know where yet??? )A lot of us don't go to salons anymore because it is very hard to find someone who is willing to take the time that our hair requires. Besides, no one knows your hair like you do

How do I treat my hair? I'm not sure what you mean by this and my biggest question is
How do I style my hair for work - There are a ton of styles. Try browsing albums. I work at a bank, so I understand I am a dentist who works in a predominantly caucasian surburb in atl, i want to look very professional but dont want a perm ever again if i can help it. I need help, please!