PDA

View Full Version : What is your Napptural goal?

REGEE
02-08-2003, 03:24 AM
Do you have one? I know as a napptural we all want HEALTHY hair, but do you have any other goals?

Well, I do!!! I'm on a quest to get my 'dry' hair to feel just as good as my 'wet' hair :) !!!! I hope that is possible cause that's what I'm aiming for :?

How 'bout you?
REGEE

Info
02-08-2003, 10:22 AM
Do you have one? I know as a napptural we all want HEALTHY hair, but do you have any other goals?

Well, I do!!! I'm on a quest to get my 'dry' hair to feel just as good as my 'wet' hair :) !!!! I hope that is possible cause that's what I'm aiming for :?

How 'bout you?
REGEE

My goals are the same as yours,I guess. I get lazy about tying my hair up at night so I guess I need to add that to my list. :)

Kandy
02-08-2003, 04:39 PM

How 'bout you?
REGEE

healthy and lenght!!!

TeaKyoo
02-08-2003, 08:01 PM
[b]My hair goals are length (shoulder length after shrinkage), healthy hair (minimum split ends, strong, thick hair), and to start getting trims more regularly.

TQ :wink:

Maestradiva77
02-10-2003, 09:35 PM
Even more length!

NappyHeadedGirl
02-11-2003, 01:59 AM
#1 Get my hair back to pre-perm length(mid back length)
#2 Keep it healthy
#3 Try my best to not use any heat on it at all
#4 Minimize product usage to 2 conditioners and my homemade spritz

CEE26
02-11-2003, 01:44 PM
i would love to have soft hair all the time.....long hair..(after shrinking)..healthy hair, no shedding..

my# 1 goal is more length.....it's only been a year.... :?

krazeenapps
02-11-2003, 05:31 PM
My hair goals:

To do my own successful trims
To learn how to braid (w/ extensions), cornrow (w/o extensions), and flat twist my own hair
To have shoulder- to bra-strap length hair after shrinkage
Minimize shedding, breakage, and split ends
grow my edges out to the same length as the rest of my head

PoetryIsMyPassion
02-11-2003, 06:45 PM

How 'bout you?
REGEE

I just want to maintain healthy hair. Probably figuring out how to wear my hair in a style that mimicks something I would've worn when I was relaxed say like a wet-set. Any tips?

REGEE
02-12-2003, 03:23 AM
Probably figuring out how to wear my hair in a style that mimicks something I would've worn when I was relaxed say like a wet-set. Any tips?

My tip would be.............try rolling your wet hair on big platic rollers w/end papers (I'd use a soft setting lotion-maybe diluted), and stretch hair taunt while rolling. Let air dry or sit under a low heat dryer. This should give you a curly "wet set" :D
REGEE

Jassyone
02-12-2003, 03:25 AM
my hair goals are to have some bad a@# shoulder length locs, to begin and to continue to use only homemade products on my hair, and most of all, to show the world that i don't need lye burned hair to be considered beautiful OKAYYYY, OKAY :lol:

PoetryIsMyPassion
02-12-2003, 04:31 PM
Probably figuring out how to wear my hair in a style that mimicks something I would've worn when I was relaxed say like a wet-set. Any tips?

My tip would be.............try rolling your wet hair on big platic rollers w/end papers (I'd use a soft setting lotion-maybe diluted), and stretch hair taunt while rolling. Let air dry or sit under a low heat dryer. This should give you a curly "wet set" :D
REGEE

Thank you so much Regee I will definitely try this and let you know if it works.

Iggles
02-13-2003, 11:20 PM
My Goals are:

*To acheive Big Hair so that I don't have to do my psuedo pony puff. :lol: :lol: In case your wondering what I mean, it's the way that I pull my hair up that makes it "look" like I have a lot of hair, but ..... I don't, LOL!!

* To acheive thicker hair strands

* To acheive shoulder length in my hairs UN-STRAIGHTENED, well I guess I should say UN-STRETCHED (since I'm not a current presser) state

* To become a styling maven so that I can start to really play with my hair like I want to. For example, FINALLY learn to cornrow

* To be able to prevent "middle-splits" if I can.

PoetryIsMyPassion
02-13-2003, 11:25 PM

REGEE

Thank you so much Regee I will definitely try this and let you know if it works.

Well Regee instead of using plastic rollers I opted for a product called Soft N' Style Flexirods (7/16" size) to set my hair. Let me tell you it was such a task!! I took tips from the rollerset demo in NappGirlCurl's album.

It took me 2 1/2 hours to roll my hair on those rods and another hour to dry. I used my butter cream combined with spritzes of setting lotion to keep my hair well moisturized while rolling. I parted my hair into small sections and rolled the rods lengthwise all over.

When I took them out I made sure to unwind the rod in a "shirley temple" fashion to keep the shape of the curl. The result: tight coils that resemble finger coils. I couldn't believe that I DID that!!!! I am so pleased now I have another style I can wear. Thanks for all the suggestions you all have provided me with they truly helped!!

noname
02-16-2003, 03:03 PM
My goals are to just leave it alone and let it grow making sure to trim it regularly and to use minimal products on it.

REGEE
02-16-2003, 06:55 PM
Well Regee instead of using plastic rollers I opted for a product called Soft N' Style Flexirods (7/16" size) to set my hair. Let me tell you it was such a task!! I took tips from the rollerset demo in NappGirlCurl's album.

It took me 2 1/2 hours to roll my hair on those rods and another hour to dry. I used my butter cream combined with spritzes of setting lotion to keep my hair well moisturized while rolling. I parted my hair into small sections and rolled the rods lengthwise all over.

When I took them out I made sure to unwind the rod in a "shirley temple" fashion to keep the shape of the curl. The result: tight coils that resemble finger coils. I couldn't believe that I DID that!!!! I am so pleased now I have another style I can wear. Thanks for all the suggestions you all have provided me with they truly helped!!

GREAT!!!! I am so very happy I could help! :D !

How 'bout a pic :) I'd love to see your new do!
Where did you get those rollers? And how long will you keep your new do?
Would you recom. this style to others? I'm glad it turned out for ya!!!!
REGEE

dembasamba
02-18-2003, 06:32 AM
* Goals

Healthy hair that is soft to the touch

Learn how to braid my own hair. I am going to buy a head over the summer and overcome this hurdle.

Reduce my styling time on hair. (see above :wink: )

Eventually replace all store bought products with home made ones.

Na
02-18-2003, 12:52 PM
~ Healthy hair that maintains moisture and sheen
~ length minus the split ends
~ Areas that have been damaged due to pulling (braids) fill back in with new growth
~ Learn how to do other styling to my hair i.e. cornrow, sets, bantu knots.

jmnappy
02-18-2003, 07:21 PM
My goal is soft, healthy hair with plenty of length.

Tasha806
02-18-2003, 07:39 PM
My goals are:
Grow my hair out to about chin length
Have thicker healthier hair
Be able to style my own hair in many different styles

NappyChick
02-19-2003, 07:57 PM
My main goal is length. Lots and lots of length. :P

mrandmrsmer
02-20-2003, 04:30 PM
My main goal is to learn how to STOP getting braids and learn to work with my "hair under there"; learn to style my hair with twists and braids, roller set, etc.

Maintain and achieve more hair growth and thickness (My hair is thinned out from wearing braids for so long, BUT THERE'S SO MUCH OF IT!)

Get rid of split ends!!

Use and make homemade products to use on my hair/buy good products for my hair

tyarenee
02-20-2003, 09:22 PM
My primary goal is healthy hair. Then my goal after that is length.

Meditating_Coils
02-23-2003, 04:12 AM
My goals for my hair:

#1--Maintain softness by keeping in moisture.

---Keep my ends healthy by snipping knots.
---Wear comb twists as my main natural hair style.
---Maintain daily stylers of 2 products: water and conditioner.

8)

atoiK
02-24-2003, 06:40 PM
My napptural goals for my hair is for it to be longer, thicker and healthy. I eventually want locs, that to me is my ulitmate goal.

PoetryIsMyPassion
02-24-2003, 08:48 PM

GREAT!!!! I am so very happy I could help! :D !

How 'bout a pic :) I'd love to see your new do!
Where did you get those rollers? And how long will you keep your new do?
Would you recom. this style to others? I'm glad it turned out for ya!!!!
REGEE

Oh man I would have gotta a reply in my email that this was posted :( . I didn't take pics of this one. I wore the style for a week and it started itching. I think I put a tad too much butter cream on my hair LOL! I got the rollers at the local beauty supply. I would definitely recommend the style cause I will be doing it again. It looked so nice, it reminded me of a style I wore when I was a teen only it with achieved with a small marcel curling iron. When I do the style again I will definitely take pictures. I have been trying to figure out how to get other pictures I have online but I have had no success.

SassyDiva
02-24-2003, 09:19 PM
My goal is to keep my hair healthy.
Get it to the length of the girl in the show with damon wayons

Tami2shoes
02-24-2003, 11:50 PM
Learn how to braid my own hair. I am going to buy a head over the summer and overcome this hurdle.

Ditto. I was just talking to my mother about my plans to buy an afro mannequin head and she gave me a blank stare. I'm pretty sure she thinks my goal for the summer should be looking for an internship instead of learning intricate braid patterns :D

carlasher
03-20-2003, 08:45 PM
To get my shoulder length hair to bra strap length.

Learn how to braid

Kinkicoilz
03-26-2003, 04:03 AM
Since, im new to the Napptural hair Im trying to get more familiar with my hair, appreciate its "naturalness" :lol:, and (since im still in h.s.) just make sure I am comfortable in my own hair.

scurrie
03-26-2003, 10:57 PM
My hair goals are:
1. Keep my hair moist all the time.
2. Gain more length (shoulders).
3. To learn how to cornrow & flat twist.

NappyFattyPhat
03-27-2003, 05:52 PM
My goal is.....
[list]
[list]
[list]
[list]
Health, length, versitility, and saving $$$ are my main reasons why napptural is the way for me to go!!!!!
:B-fly:

bambino
03-28-2003, 02:20 AM

How 'bout you?
REGEE

my goals are to have healthy hair and length while learning the personality of my hair through different seasons

superduperpoof
04-20-2003, 01:41 AM
Goals:

Big Bodacious Hair.
Tighten up on my braiding skills.
Shoulder length hair without pressing (we're talkin' another 8-10 inches).

Liberiangal
04-14-2011, 04:53 PM
My Hair Goals are:
1)Get rid of my split ends!!
2) Retain my hair length and reach APL stretched by DEC 2011
3) Try so many different natural hairstyles
4) Find staples products for my hair

tlwnurse
04-14-2011, 05:07 PM
My goals-
-Enjoy the length I have, it didn't grow a centimeter longer, I'd be happy with it.
-Try different styles
-Post more, lurk less :)

darlingniki35
04-18-2011, 04:40 AM
My goasl:
1. to retain length and to reach APL
2. to continue to try new homemade natural products(that i can make)
3. get in the habit of posting like tlwnurse said instead of just reading everyone elses
4. TRY TO KEEP MY HANDS OUT OF MY HAIR
5.and last but not least understanding what styles work for my hair and face (what looks right on one person doesnt mean it will look right on me)

Yekomod
04-18-2011, 11:56 PM
Length on length on length lol

CinnamonBiscuit
04-19-2011, 12:08 AM
Short-term: color and full ponytail.

Long-term: locs so long they can cover my boobs.

Suzi_Q
04-19-2011, 12:11 AM
Get to APL (then I'm satisfied)
Embrace the shrinkage a little bit more.
Try more natural products.
Whip it alot more.. make the permies mad..

Impy!
04-19-2011, 12:18 AM
waist length healthy strong locs

Fuzziwuz
04-19-2011, 12:36 AM
Eh, small goals:
1. Poofy reddish/brown hair (color)
2. Softer and less tangled hair
3. Shoulder length w/ shrinkage.

JaeFuma
04-19-2011, 12:48 AM
1. Thick/healthy hair. I don't know if thick is in the cards for me, but if it was just healthy and at least the same density all over.
2. Hair that sits at the shoulders when it's out (and shrunken)
3. Enough hair to make nice twists. :3
4. Super future goal. I would like to make two long braids. For some reason, I think it looks so cute. <3

chocoli
04-19-2011, 01:40 AM
1. To have healthy, strong hair
2. To have soft, moisturized hair
3.Retain length

I have simple desires, but attaining them doesn't seem to be.

AuNappturale
04-19-2011, 01:42 AM
Dang, ya'll went WAAAAAY back with this thread!

My goal: Healthy tresses.

Cora B.
04-19-2011, 01:50 AM
More length, less breakage!

afroknots11412
04-19-2011, 01:52 AM
healthy hair with very low amounts of splits, breakage and knots.

i don't want to be length obsessed but hipbone length stretched would be cool. i would like my twists/braids to rest apl.

nocaresorhair
04-19-2011, 02:19 AM
I have same goal of healthy hair with very low amounts of splits, breakage and knots. Also, to keep my shampoo routine very simple & easy to finish under 1 hr.

gilroygal
04-19-2011, 02:30 AM
I think my MAIN goal was an internal one....ACCEPTANCE. I have that, so anything else is gravy!

AfroIsland
04-19-2011, 06:03 AM
1. To reach hip length stretched :p
2. SL-APL wash n'go (most ultimate goal ever!!) :D
3. To be able to wear a wash n'go 24/7
4. Thicker hair

Fuzziwuz
04-19-2011, 10:26 AM
I have same goal of healthy hair with very low amounts of splits, breakage and knots. Also, to keep my shampoo routine very simple & easy to finish under 1 hr.

Adds to goal. It would be a miracle if I could do everything within an hour. Just detangling takes half the time.

OHR
04-19-2011, 10:47 AM
^off topic, SuziQ, can I tell you your gif tickles me to my core? *dashes out thread*

Fuesha
04-19-2011, 05:02 PM
To countinue to have healthy happy clean flourishing locs and if i decide to chop or take down ever loose napps.

Im at the point where i really dont give two figs about how long my hair is or how frizzy it gets, etc etc etc!

Suzi_Q
04-19-2011, 05:14 PM
^off topic, SuziQ, can I tell you your gif tickles me to my core? *dashes out thread*

LMAOOO, that whole part where he was dancing had me cracking up. VH1 know how to bring the foolery out of ppl..

Denny
04-19-2011, 06:14 PM
Longterm - accept the grey hairs, cut the locs in a bob

Short term - strengthen the hairline

NowIamnappy
04-20-2011, 07:40 PM
To have healthy thigh length hair.. yeah I said thigh length!

Poetic_Butterfly
04-20-2011, 08:45 PM
To continue to grow out my loose hair, to have healthy hair and experiment with different styles.

monappy28
04-20-2011, 09:00 PM
To have a head full of healthy natural hair.....oh, sorry, I can check that off!! lol!

Napia Mia
04-20-2011, 09:33 PM

:-)):-)):-)):-))
That's what I was thinking.

Hmmm... I'm just trying to get to 18 inches. Can I get ONE 18 inch hair on my head. Just one to two more friggin inches. Why is that so hard?

Ms-gg
04-20-2011, 10:42 PM
Classic length, booty length, waist length...one of the three will do :)

Short term: APL. I think I will be there in the nape area within the next 4-months or so...

osob19
04-21-2011, 03:04 AM

How 'bout you?
REGEE

i made the final plan to have upper thigh length hair... in fact ill update my other post :)

an_dri_uh
04-21-2011, 11:27 PM
healthy, long waist length locs.

napsnap
04-21-2011, 11:40 PM
goals:

*4 inches of addl length by end of year
*continue to simplify my routine (which I've def streamlined a lot so far)
*drink lots of water consistently

napsnap
04-21-2011, 11:49 PM

OH MY!!!! I didn't even notice the 2003 date.....too funny!!! :-)):-)) WOW!!!! What was I doing in 2003? )8-| I believe that was the year I transistioned (??)....memories....:D

determined0711
04-21-2011, 11:53 PM
My goal is to keep up the positive attitude I've had about my hair lately. I feel it's really beginning to fit me but i don't want this to be a phase. I want to feel this way about my hair forever!

Other than that I just want it to keep growing, maybe reach BSL in a few more months.

determined0711
04-22-2011, 04:05 AM
Other than that I just want it to keep growing, maybe reach BSL in a few more months.

scratch that...arm pit length. darn these acronyms!

tlwnurse
06-29-2011, 02:30 AM
Bumping for updates. This thread was originally started in 2003. So just curious has anyone met or exceeded their goal?

fuzzyhair
06-29-2011, 02:44 AM
Healthy, well moisturized/protein balanced shrunken SL hair. But realisticly I will be happy if my stretched hair touches my shoulders by December. Right now the hair on the nape is barely halfway down my neck.

Preternatural
06-29-2011, 04:09 AM
minimal to zero split ends, even thickness of strands, and for the crown of my hair to be neck length after shrinkage. Got a long way to go on each of these

afroknots11412
06-29-2011, 05:28 AM
healthy hair free from serious breakage, minimal knots and splits (my hair will never be completely knot or split free but i want to reduce it even more).

well moisturized at all times.

but the vain hair obsessed part of me wants my hair to be at full waistlength. my nape is about 2 1/2 to 3 inches away. while my bang area is like 6-7 inches away.

QueenLocks
06-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Goal: I want my locks to reach mid-back length.
I do not plan to BC until I am between age 45-50,
and I still may not BC at that age!

kinksr4me
06-29-2011, 06:00 PM
To love myself enough to know and understand that my hair is fine the way that it is and have the courage to stand by my convictions in the face of the unforgiving Amerikkkan society. Also, I just wanna have fun with my hair and show other Black men and women that we are the epitome of beautiful!

alt0119
06-30-2011, 12:17 AM
I have a lot.....

1.Have healthy ends:minimal split ends...thank God I got control of the knots but split ends

2. I want to learn how to deal with my hair, it becomes SOOOO overwhelming with me to deal with. I want to wear it more often but I just get so frustrated with it. I want to try new hair styles, do twists and twist outs etc.

3.I want at least MBL hair, I want my curly hair to reach almost APL when doing a braid out.

4. Learn how to flat twist.

iwantlnh_15
06-30-2011, 05:16 PM
#1 : to wear my twists as a protective style for a while to retain length
#2 : to reach my 6 inches goal by my 1 year Nappiversary
#3 : to ignore any negative cmmnts that may come my way about my hair
#4 : to get a nice detangling method that doesnt pull out as much hair
#5 : to start doing my OWN hair instead of other people

CinnamonBiscuit
06-30-2011, 05:29 PM
Short-term: color and full ponytail.

Long-term: locs so long they can cover my boobs.

Well, one of my short-term goals was accomplished. Changed my hair color a couple times since that post. Still can't do a full ponytail yet, but I'm wearing pigtails at the moment so I'm close. :p

The long-term goal is still years away, though. But I'm fine with that. There's no rush.

Sohful1
06-30-2011, 05:55 PM
To grow my locs until the age of 50 which is about 6yrs from now. If I'm not just absoutely loving them(like I do now) then I'll cut them all off and wear a ceasar.

Micheli
06-30-2011, 06:27 PM
i wanted my hair to grow down to my shinbone, but the way my ends keep acting up....i dunno anymore....:(

NubianPrize
06-30-2011, 07:19 PM
My main goal is to grow out another HUGE HEALTHY BAA like I had in the 70's now that there are soooooo many terrific products made FOR US BY US ESPECIALLY FOR OUR UNIQUE HAIR & ITS SPECIAL NEEDS! Wasn't like that beck in the day! Another goal is to learn to do my own hair in a variety of styles & treat it with such tender care that it's SPOILED ROTTEN !!

Bklyn78
06-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Happy healthy full MBL locs

chetah340
07-01-2011, 06:20 AM
1. Achieve perfect balance of moisture and protein so my hair always feels awesome.
2. Learn new hairstyles
3. SL unstretched.
4. WL in the next 3 years tops.

w04andia
07-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Waist length by the time I become a doctor, that gives me till 2017 LOL.
I think I can do it before then ;)

seehiddentreasures
07-02-2011, 03:50 AM
My goal is to achieve healthly, thick, natural hair without using harsh products and find more natural and organic weightless products to use. I also would like to use a steamer twice a week to restore moisture when deep conditioning.

Impy!
07-02-2011, 12:06 PM
waist length healthy strong locs

the same thing
LUSH long strong locs, with a full hairline.(:-)

Mirah Nirvana
07-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Reached it, which was just enjoy being napptural as much as I enjoy being me :-)

sweetatheart
07-02-2011, 01:19 PM
My goals are:
1) Learn how to style my hair in more than just braids and a pony tail
2) Reduce breakage
3) BSL (bra strap length)
4) Defeat these single strand knots

Charlyn3266
07-02-2011, 03:00 PM
My goal is to never use chemicals on my hair again.

JazzWife
07-02-2011, 03:16 PM
For my unstretched, shrunken hair to be shoulder length

To minimize the number of SSKs I get

To comfortably wear my 2STs longer than 2 weeks

Find more low manipulation styles (suitable) for me

Yekomod
07-02-2011, 07:51 PM
My goal is to take better care of my hair and stick with my nightly routines. I tend to get lazy at night and just leave my hair out or stick it under a bonnet without twisting smh. I need to do better!