PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Doing To Loose Weight?

nappyanne
09-08-2003, 05:28 AM
What are you doing to loose weight or have done to loose weight?

Were you successful?

What do ya weigh now?(if you don't mind me askin)

What is your goal?

Who is your dream weight?

I Just had a child this past june and started using dexatrim naturals (no caffeine or ephedra). It's great! I only take 1 pill a day (you're supposed to take 3 pills a day, but I don't). I drink a slim fast drink for breakfast and eat a slimfast mealbar in the afternoon with a small snack and at night I eat a "sensible" dinner. I buy those create-a-meals in the frozen food section. I try to drink a lot of water and I exercise about 3 times a week on a good week. :rolleyes: I do have an infant so it's hard to get that excercise in. You have to fight for it though and do it when the baby is sleep. I use weights definitely 'cause I'm not one of those naturally lean types. I also try to watch my calories and fat intake. Now, don't get me wrong I cheat a lot! :P

I've managed to loose about 12lbs with this method.

I currently weigh 148.

My goal weight is 130lbs. So, I need to loose about 18lbs.

I would love to be Halle Berry&#39;s weight. She&#39;s the weight I was before I even had a thought about kids. She has breast and a butt which I don&#39;t want to completely loose. I knooow my husband would not like it if I lost my butt. :lol: Now I&#39;m kinda at the weight beyonce&#39;s at, but add a pooch from havin kids. <_<

NaturalSerenitee
09-08-2003, 07:08 AM
To lose weight, I am doing a combo Atkins/Sugarbusters diet -- I do them both because I was a huge sugar and a carb addict. Since my husband was deployed to Iraq, I put on some 20+ pounds, due to depression.

I knew I was putting on weight, but since I still wasn&#39;t *that big* (145 lbs.), I ignored it and kept on eating and whatnot -- junkfood and sugary sweet stuff.
I was gaining a baby pooch in my belly, but I have never had a baby :huh: ... <_< ... :blink:

The moment of truth came for me when, in a crowded convenience store, my old boss looked at me and said very loudly "My, you have put on a lot of weight since your husband left." :o ... :(

I bought the Atkins book that day, and two weeks later, I am 11 pounds slimmer.
I am going to stay in the most restrictive phase of Atkins, the Induction, for another two weeks or so, or until I lose the entire 20 lbs.

On my days off work, I walk a mile and a half. When working, I do a lot of walking, heavy lifting and whatnot, so I get my exercise that way.

It&#39;s working well, and I am looking and feeling better about myself these days for sure!

So even though I am still not speaking to my old boss right now (she could have whispered that or pulled me to the side, and not yelled it at the cash register of a very crowded store), in my heart I thank her for the wake-up call and inspiring me to action. I probably will thank her in person (when I lose all the weight LOL).

ETA: starting weight 145 | current weight: 134 | goal weight: 125

BrownsuggaDIVA
09-08-2003, 10:29 AM
my highest size was a 26 in 96 (went through a very rough 2 yrs and packed on lbs) dropped to an 18/20 by 1997

fast forward to 2002...18..working back up to a 20! weight was 247

current stats 247/199.2/150 something size 14

i have always enjoyed working out, however, i would undermine my efforts with my eating habits. thus after dropping 11 lbs last spring, i decided to check out weight watchers. so far so good! even when i dont stay on program as i should...eat like a pig..etc..i NEVA gain back what i have lost. the most i will do is retain water and get a belly..or just maintain that loss...and start losing again.

i work out at home (crunches, weights, jumping rope)
at stone mtn park (5 miles of walking/jogging or go up the mtn trail)
or at the gym

i drink roughly 100 ounces to a gallon of water a day.
prepare all my meals and i dont fry food.
my devilish desire are POTATO CHIPS!

tdhayes
09-08-2003, 12:53 PM
I wasn&#39;t really trying to lose weight as much as I was trying to tone up. I&#39;ve gone from 196lbs. down to 182/184 and I&#39;m about 5&#39;8. I didn&#39;t really have a goal in mind...I&#39;m currently in a size 10/12/14/16 depending on how the clothes are cut.

I LOVE EXERCISING!! I love the energy and I love the way that I feel. I&#39;ve started back swimming and I&#39;m loving it. I work out at the local YMCA. I also try to eat right....I&#39;m a vegetarian but I think I have terrible eating habits. I&#39;m working eggs and cheese BACK OUT OF MY DIET!!! I&#39;m leaning more towards towards having a vegan diet.

My weakness is freshly baked bread and peach cobbler!

I wish you the best!

iyamkenya
09-08-2003, 12:58 PM
I did a day and half fast last week and have been eating about once a day so far. I am also looking up as much as I can here,with everyones testimonies as well as around the web. My pants are looser already, that&#39;s motivating. I don&#39;t like excercise much. So I&#39;m planning on just trying to cut back and portion size better. Of course I &#39;m open to suggestions. :unsure:

nappyanne
09-08-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by NaturalSerenitee@Sep 8 2003, 12:08 PM

The moment of truth came for me when, in a crowded convenience store, my old boss looked at me and said very loudly "My, you have put on a lot of weight since your husband left." :o ... :(

That was so wrong!! I remember when I was pregnant with my first child, old classmates and people who knew me would just come up to me and say "You&#39;re sooo fat!!" Cause I had gone from a size 7 to a size 14. I remember actually being able to fit a size 1 at one point before kids! :lol: People were so used to me being like 115lbs and I had got up to about 170lbs! It was so embarassing for me. :angry:

tdhayes
09-08-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by iyamkenya@Sep 8 2003, 12:58 PM
I did a day and half fast last week and have been eating about once a day so far. I am also looking up as much as I can here,with everyones testimonies as well as around the web. My pants are looser already, that&#39;s motivating. I don&#39;t like excercise much. So I&#39;m planning on just trying to cut back and portion size better. Of course I &#39;m open to suggestions. :unsure:
YOU NEED TO EXERCISE@!!!! Cutting back on food doesn&#39;t help improve your health! Exercise helps to strenthen your internal muscles...your heart, your lungs, your muscles, your bones...it won&#39;t matter how great you look on the outside if the inside is falling apart. Not only that, but watch WHAT you take into your system. If you&#39;re eating mostly fresh fruits and veggies, drinking plenty of water and drinking pure fruit juices that&#39;s great...However, if you&#39;re cutting back on junk like meats, fast food and the like, that&#39;s great too but you&#39;ll get better results if you exercise and get moving!

Please remember that there are PLENTY of out of shape/unhealthy THIN people.

nappyanne
09-09-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by tdhayes+Sep 8 2003, 09:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tdhayes @ Sep 8 2003, 09:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-iyamkenya@Sep 8 2003, 12:58 PM
YOU NEED TO EXERCISE@!!!! Cutting back on food doesn&#39;t help improve your health! Exercise helps to strenthen your internal muscles...your heart, your lungs, your muscles, your bones...it won&#39;t matter how great you look on the outside if the inside is falling apart. Not only that, but watch WHAT you take into your system. If you&#39;re eating mostly fresh fruits and veggies, drinking plenty of water and drinking pure fruit juices that&#39;s great...However, if you&#39;re cutting back on junk like meats, fast food and the like, that&#39;s great too but you&#39;ll get better results if you exercise and get moving!

Please remember that there are PLENTY of out of shape/unhealthy THIN people. [/b][/quote]
Ditto. I know even while I&#39;m dieting with diet pills when I excercise I burn a whooole lot more fat then when I&#39;m just sedentary.

tran68
09-09-2003, 01:53 PM
I&#39;m eating! :lol: In the past whenever I wanted to lose weight, I stopped eating and yeah it came off but came right back on once I started eating again <_< Not only am I eating, I&#39;m concentrating on eating the RIGHT things...fruits to cure my sweet tooth and more veggies and less red meat, in fact the fam and I are down to eating red meat once a week instead of erry day!

I went down to 1% milk and whole wheat instead of white bread...I make sure I eat breakfast and drink my 64 ozs of water by the end of the work day and I start back on the treadmill tonite :unsure: , I&#39;m sure if I exercised - and I&#39;m building little by little, the weight will really come off but I wanted to get my eating habits in check and that was my "mission" over the summer. I&#39;m confident I&#39;ll reach my goal weight by next summer...maybe even before but I&#39;m in no rush. I&#39;m just reveling in the fact that I&#39;m putting good things into my body instead of the garbage in - garbage out thing I&#39;ve become accustomed to! ;)

I have about 70 pounds to get to my goal weight - not gonna announce my current weight, but if you read some of my posts over here, you&#39;ll kinda figure it out... B)

krazeenapps
09-13-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by nappyanne@Sep 8 2003, 01:28 AM

I decided to lose weight with the Atkins Nutritional Approach. For exercise, I do Pilates and I go to the school gym and lift weights.

Were you successful?

I started less than a month ago, but yes, I have been very successful. I lost 10 pounds in my first 2 weeks.

What do ya weigh now?(if you don&#39;t mind me askin)

I don&#39;t weigh myself anymore, but the last time I did I was 150.

What is your goal?

My goal weight is 120. But if I look better at a heavier weight, then I will keep that weight. But I do have a ways to go.

I haven&#39;t really thought about it. I might look a little Beyonce-ish when I get finished.

HTH

nappyanne
09-15-2003, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by tran68@Sep 9 2003, 06:53 PM
I&#39;m eating! :lol: In the past whenever I wanted to lose weight, I stopped eating and yeah it came off but came right back on once I started eating again <_< Not only am I eating, I&#39;m concentrating on eating the RIGHT things...fruits to cure my sweet tooth and more veggies and less red meat, in fact the fam and I are down to eating red meat once a week instead of erry day!

I went down to 1% milk and whole wheat instead of white bread...I make sure I eat breakfast and drink my 64 ozs of water by the end of the work day and I start back on the treadmill tonite :unsure: , I&#39;m sure if I exercised - and I&#39;m building little by little, the weight will really come off but I wanted to get my eating habits in check and that was my "mission" over the summer. I&#39;m confident I&#39;ll reach my goal weight by next summer...maybe even before but I&#39;m in no rush. I&#39;m just reveling in the fact that I&#39;m putting good things into my body instead of the garbage in - garbage out thing I&#39;ve become accustomed to! ;)

I have about 70 pounds to get to my goal weight - not gonna announce my current weight, but if you read some of my posts over here, you&#39;ll kinda figure it out... B)
Hey, I feel ya! I&#39;m also trying to focus on eating healthier. &#39;Cause I usually put back on weight too b/c I don&#39;t eat the right foods along with everything else. Good eating habits is the thing that truly gives those lasting results along w/ exercising.

Joyfulocs
09-15-2003, 02:48 PM
I stopped DIEting and started eating healthier. In May 2002 I read the book Fit For Life and I started food combining. I also picked up some more exercise videos and incorporated them into my lifestyle change. Exercise is KEY.

Were you successful?
Yes.

What do ya weigh now?(if you don&#39;t mind me askin)
When I started out I was 250lbs., and when I weighed myself this morning I was 190. I&#39;m 5&#39;11".

What is your goal?
I hate to tie myself to the scale, but I&#39;d like to get down to 180. Of course, if I keep up with The Firm like I should, I won&#39;t get there, but I will be getting rid of this flab and toning up. My muscle is really building up but oh, this flabby flab! :lol: I&#39;m already a 14 (and moving down into a 12) on top, but on the bottom, I&#39;m still a 16ish. Part of it has to do with my stomach, and part of it has to do with the lower body work I&#39;ve been doing. Yeah, I&#39;m gonna have "thighs like what." :lol: My waist is almost there and that&#39;s a gooood feeling. Hey, I have a waist! :)

Me...back in 1996. ^_^ Dream weight and size...but my dream state of health is right now. :thumbsup:

MaiNaps
09-15-2003, 03:51 PM
Is anybody else doing SLIM FAST??? I want to lose 40lbs by February- and I just strated yesterday!!! Any success stories??? I need some motivation!