PDA

View Full Version : NY/NJ gathering.....pick a restaurant

Ebonique
02-08-2003, 05:13 AM
Here are the recommendations posted to pick from....The poll ends in 7 days so please make your selection asap.

Obviously, the date is the 22nd of February.

Also I agree the gathering should probably be in the late afternoon/evening (4 or 5 PM?) to accomodate those who are traveling from Jersey.

Anyone whose been there know what time these restaurants open? Some places don't open for dinner until after 6PM.

newlynatural
02-08-2003, 02:04 PM
Hi Ladies,

I have never tried any of the types of food listed :oops: , but I am willing to give any a try. I chose Cuban food only because my friend is half Cuban and she can let me know what to expect.

I am open to either choice but I may need some help at the restaurant.

See you soon :)

Tracee

dembasamba
02-08-2003, 03:09 PM
I am open to all. I chose cuban because where I live there are only two "ethnic" restaurants--indian and thai. I have eaten almost everything on each menu. They are great, but I'd appreciate change. Food is just secondary for me though. I'm looking for that nappysistahood and can find good things to eat on the menu either way.

Schiffon
02-08-2003, 03:38 PM
I have been to The Thailand Restaurant and Cabana and they are both open during lunch hours; we should have no problem getting served at 4 or 5 and they both stay open past midnight. I know that Cabana prides itself on being able to accomodate large groups.

We really might want to consider puhsing the meeting time up a little bit since many places offer great menus for lunch at affordable prices. For example, Cabana ends lunch at 4pm. If you go to the following link, you can look at their lunch specials and prices.

http://cabana.citysearch.com/3.html

Na
02-08-2003, 04:26 PM
While I'm open I chose Cuban also. Still the majority wins.

@Dembasamba I'm with you... Just looking forward to the nappysistahood.

I know that Cabana prides itself on being able to accomodate large groups.

@ Schiffon ~ That in it self is great because we expect a nice crowd of nappturals.

vuqua1
02-08-2003, 05:33 PM
I'm w/dembasamba, I will find something to eat. I just want to meet up w/my fellow nappy sistahs.

I also agree we should try to do something a little earlier than 4pm.

mommytimes2
02-08-2003, 07:42 PM
Cafe Spice or Cubana are both fine to me. It would be nice to have a lunch time menu, but I cannot meet for lunch. As mentioned in the previous thread, I have 2 kids and morning plans for both. With travel time, the earliest I could hope for is 3 pm.

I still would prefer to meet at 4 pm for an early dinner. :) I think the early dinner would eliminate the normal dinner crowd which usually don't show until at least 6 - 8 pm.

newoman
02-08-2003, 11:33 PM
I'm from the South (Tennessee), so I haven't tried any of these. I am open to whatever the majority rules. I'm just looking forward to meeting every one.

Na
02-08-2003, 11:54 PM
While meeting at 4pm was suggested earlier and mostly everyone was is agreement. To be fair maybe we should vote on it again. Sooooo

Lets post a poll for the meeting time....
Please Please bear in mind before voting...

a) travel
B) convience for parents (family time, sitter, etc.)
c) price range for meals (specials ~ lunch & dinner)

** We want as many nappturalsistas to share in our get togther.

MOCHACINNAMON
02-09-2003, 02:08 AM
HELLO, I AM NEW TO THE NAPPY SITE, BUT I WANT TO ATTEND A GATHERING...JUST LET ME KNOW, WHEN AND WHERE...WE EAT ALL DIFFERENT TYPES IN QUEENS, WE HAVE NO CHOICE.... :lol:

nubian indigo
02-09-2003, 12:55 PM
Yes, the meeting is really the most important thing...my only thing is to stay away from PORK :P My biggest gastronomically discomforting food...for real...

Otherwise I am quite fine 8) Can't wait to see all of you...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But, on another note, I just hope the environment will be safe enough with all of this 'NEW YORK BE PREPARED FOR THE WORST' as far as the terrorist threat goes. OH THOSE LITTLE BOYS GET ME SICK!! :evil:

lydicarol
02-09-2003, 04:39 PM
I have tried dishes from every selection except for the Malaysian so that would be a treat to try but I really dont' care where we go. I'm sure any place that we go, the dishes will be superb.

WorldsOfCurls
02-11-2003, 03:00 AM
anywhere we go is fine.

BushBaby
02-11-2003, 07:15 PM
So what is the verdict here? Where are we going?

Deej
02-11-2003, 09:42 PM
So what is the verdict here? Where are we going?

When does the poll end Ebonique? So far it looks like Cabana, has anyone made a reservation to hold the space just in case.

Deej

Ebonique
02-12-2003, 02:24 AM
I set it to end in 7 days, but it looks like a majority of people have already voted. Looks like Cabana is going to be the place.

Maybe reservations should go ahead and be made now given the size of the group.

nappynic
02-12-2003, 12:20 PM
Sorry for such a late response, but I always forget to check this board...

I just found out that I will probably be in y'alls neck of the woods that weekend to celebrate my birthday with some friends and I'd love to join you guys. If it's ok, I'd like to bring 2 people along.

I am SOOOOOOOO excited!!! YAY!!!!

nappynic