PDA

View Full Version : What products did you USED to like that just don't do it now

Iggles
02-08-2003, 11:05 PM
I know many of us probably have products that we have raved about then weeks or months later after continuous use realized that they just did not work like they used to for us. What are your? Here are some of mine:

Tate's I really, really liked this for about one month straight then it kind of changed on me. Nothing horrible, just not that great for me now. So I think in order to finish it up, I may need to mix it up with my curl activators.

Pure Aloe Vera Gel Like the kind you get at health food stores. It was terrific and it really works to do a mean twist out. But after continuous use, I got dry hair. Really dry hair, so that was a no go for me.

Biostrand Phorme This is a misty spray on leave in conditioner. It seems to go back and forth for me, sometimes it's great, then it's not. It could have been causing a buildup. Anyway, I will not be purchasing it again.

That's all I can think of for now

strawwberryz
02-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Creme Of Nature
Sta Sof Fro

truepeace
02-09-2003, 12:37 AM
Sta-Sof-Fro rub-on hair conditioner worked wonders for my hair. Now that it is growing out it just doesn't do very much.

All the gels that I have purchased just don't get it anymore.

Salon Selectives Loosely Defined.

AnnT
02-09-2003, 01:14 AM
Elasta QP Feels like silk liquid gel- When I first got my haircut and it was only 1/2 inch long this stuff used to really make it curly and soft --but now it does nothing for my hair.

scurrie
02-09-2003, 01:38 AM
Aveda's "Be Curly" worked for me when my hair was shorter :?

NappyHeadedGirl
02-09-2003, 01:50 AM
Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizer(loved it as a kid, hate it now)
Bergamot Hair Dressing(never liked it. it weighs my hair down and it doesn't have a pleasant smell.

dembasamba
02-09-2003, 02:31 AM
Aloe Vera Gel and basically all gels.

Info
02-09-2003, 06:58 AM
Mimosa Hair Honey. It made my hair shiny and soft. Now that it's longer, it just___________ I don't know, I don't like it :?

blumoonbabe
02-09-2003, 08:13 AM
Understand now... I'm Queen TWA.... this length is throwing me for loops now. But these are the products that kept my twa's all purty but don't do n'aan now. ( I rotated when a product ran out, I can't recall ever using any combo of these together)

Sebastian Wet
Optimum Care Setting Lotion
Lottabody Setting Lotion
Wrap n Tap Setting Lotion
Jam ( I'd have to use a whole jar now!)
Wave Nouveau Finishing Lotion
Kiehls Creme with Silk Groom
Kiehls Wet Groom
Regular cheapo holding gel (any old brand) when I wanted to "release (and hold!) the wave" *snickers* :lol: I'm slapping my knee on that one. :wink:

sassygirl125
02-11-2003, 04:54 PM
I used to love Carol's Daughter products. Especially the Healthy Hair Butter. Now I find them too greasy for my hair. I still use the Mimosa Hair Honey for shine, though...

jmnappy
02-11-2003, 07:02 PM
At One Carrot Oil Creme

Soft Sheen shampoo & conditioner

Aquarius
02-11-2003, 07:30 PM
Let's Jam styling gel, or whatever they call it. Y'all know it I'm sure. Leaves hair very shiny, but also oily and its too sticky. Yuckers! :evil:

2curly
02-11-2003, 07:30 PM
Stay so fro. I got tired of the smell. It kept my hair from being dry, but I wanted more moisture than slightly funky oiliness.

Tasha806
02-11-2003, 09:52 PM
Dry Fast styling glaze
Aveda aloe and flax seed gel
Luster's hair glosser
John Frieda frizz ease
Aussie Smoothy Gel

That's all i think of right now! :)

Maestradiva77
02-13-2003, 09:58 PM
Sta-Sof-Fro

Curlysaurus
02-14-2003, 02:55 AM
I moved away from using Let's Jam Shining and Conditioning Gel, Rusk Wired (including its much better smelling variation Wild Paste) and Kiehl's Silk Groom (too greasy).

Milcah
02-15-2003, 01:11 AM
Relaxers :)-- My hair became overprocessed which caused breakage

Wanakee products-- I've found better products for less and I don't like that I had to use all of the products together for them to work right for me. I think that even though the oil made my hair silky, it also made the temperature that much hotter on the flat iron which virtually "fried" my hair.

Breakthru products -- My hair would dry hard even though it was smooth and easy to comb in the shower and while wet.

Aubrey Blue Chamomile Shampoo--left a blue residue on everything my head touched.

Oils--My hair is softer without them.

Creme of Nature--It just doesn't seem the same

MegaVitamins--My hair seems to do just fine without them and my face doesn't break out like it did when I was taking them.

Imla
02-16-2003, 01:38 AM
Elucence conditioner, Suave tropical coconut conditioner and glycerin.

ravenqt
02-16-2003, 02:18 AM
Lottobody setting lotion
Dark Black gel (forgot the name)
All hair sprays and most of my grease/oils

felise
02-16-2003, 06:45 PM
Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner (started to have a drying effect)
Shea butter
Let's Jam shining gel
Luster's pink oil moisturizer

nubian indigo
02-16-2003, 07:08 PM
The more I got to my 'fro...these joints had to go... :wink:

ApHOGEE Treatment -- started to stick in my hair even after a very thorough warm rinse...even when following with deep conditioning treatment for moisture, it made for a brutal comb-out...

ORS Mayo -- just didn't do anything for me any more, not enough moisturizing for my natural hairs taste...

Fantasia Brand Lemon Shampoo -- just became to harsh for my hair...extremely drying...used to be great for product build up and then...kerplunk :?