PDA

View Full Version : Black N Sassy new product?

twistednubian
02-09-2003, 12:45 AM
I was in the supply store today and came across product that I had not seen before. It is a CONDITIONER made specifically for shampooing. Has anyone tried it yet along with the foaming conditioner? Interested in some feedback.

lydicarol
02-09-2003, 03:37 AM
I bought this product about a year ago and the results were not too great (I threw the bottle away).

blakgirl
02-09-2003, 04:18 AM
a question for both of you:

which product(s) are you talking about? i did a search on Sally's Beauty (http://www.sallybeauty.com) and they had a whole lot of BnS products. are you talking about the Black n' Sassy Foamy Setting Lotion and/or the Black n' Sassy Super Conditioning Hair Dress & Shine? or something else?

• Black & Sassy Wrapping Sheen
• Black 'N Sassy Caribbean Creme
• Black 'N Sassy Super Sheen Oil Sheen Spray
• Black 'N Sassy Tea Tree Triple Gro
• Black N Sassy Oil Sheen in a Jar
• Black n' Sassy Creamy Set Setting Crème
• Black n' Sassy Creme Sheen
• Black n' Sassy Foamy Setting Lotion
• Black n' Sassy Hot Sheen
• Black n' Sassy Lavender Oil Moisturize Hair Lotion
• Black n' Sassy Super Conditioning Hair Dress & Shine
• Black n' Sassy Wrap Crème
• Black n' Sassy Wrap Creme with Mesh Cap

blak.

twistednubian
02-09-2003, 01:19 PM
The product is none of which you have listed. It looks like Sally's doesn't carry it. I will get the specific names when I go out today.

Autumn
02-09-2003, 02:12 PM
twistednubian

is this the one in the tub, that is a lavender/purpley colour and smells really nice?

A

twistednubian
02-09-2003, 11:09 PM
Nope! The bottle looks just like the foaming setting lotion. The bottle is clear with pink writing. I forgot to check out the name today. Will do tomorrow.

CEE26
02-10-2003, 01:01 PM
i only used the creme set..i like it

kayla2000
02-10-2003, 01:33 PM
I think the product you are talking about is called moisturizing milk. I use it to give my hair more curl definition when I rinse & go. It only works for me if I apply it when my hair is sopping wet. It's okay now that I know how to apply it. It foams when you apply it to your hair and take a long time to go away. So, give yourself enough time before leaving the house to let the foam disappear.
Hope this info helps. :)

lydicarol
02-10-2003, 03:24 PM
I think the product you are talking about is called moisturizing milk. I use it to give my hair more curl definition when I rinse & go. It only works for me if I apply it when my hair is sopping wet. It's okay now that I know how to apply it. It foams when you apply it to your hair and take a long time to go away. So, give yourself enough time before leaving the house to let the foam disappear.
Hope this info helps. :)

Hi,

Nope there is actually a BNS product called foaming conditioner. It looks exactly like the foamy setting lotion, smells like it and is packaged in the exact same container but it's specifically made for cleansing your hair.

twistednubian
02-10-2003, 04:22 PM
Nope there is actually a BNS product called foaming conditioner. It looks exactly like the foamy setting lotion, smells like it and is packaged in the exact same container but it's specifically made for cleansing your hair.

The milk conditioner is the follow up to the foamy conditioner for cleansing.

kayla2000 what is your hair type? i was considering trying the milk conditioner but wanted some feedback first.

blakgirl
02-11-2003, 04:27 AM
my interest is peaked. i need to know. :D

blak.

kayla2000
02-11-2003, 04:27 PM
twistednubian,

my hair type is 4 a/b, some 3c, mostly 4a.

Puffy2
04-26-2003, 04:11 AM
I went to Orange Beauty Supply today and I saw that there is another product line by Spartan Brands. These are the same people who make the Black and Sassy line. Its called....

First Peoples

BeesWax Cream Gel

Natural Hold for any Natural style

Power of BeesWax in a Softer, Lighter, Cream Gel Base

It caught my eye because it was in the same section as the other Black and Sassy products and its in the same type of jar and writing. I don't know how new it is, but if any one has tried it please let me know. Yes, I did buy it. :wink: ! I am an up and coming PJ! Oh! hey... it smells good too!

Although I am still transitioning, I like to use the BNS on my bun when it is time for a wash and press. I get really nice curls around my kitchen when my hair puffs up and my hair doesn't want to fit into the bun anymore.

Puffy2

thighslikewhat
04-26-2003, 01:17 PM
I bought the setting lotion yesterday for my rod set. I will let you ladies know how it comes out.

Sorta kinda off topic. Anybody notice how GREAT THESE PRODUCTS SMELL? I went to the b eauty supply yesterday and started oppening up the bottles and smelling. The arabian lady was lookin at me funny :lol: so I had to stop. Anybody run across a bad smelling BnS product?

ajargon
04-30-2003, 05:28 PM
The BnS products and me don't work out well. I don't like the way it makes my hair feel. Even when I don't use a lot, it still feels funky. Also I had bought the carribean creme,and the setting stuff in the white jar. One was white stuff, the other was lavendar,but there was a $2 price difference in the two. Upon further review,I looked at the ingrediants. the only difference was that the lavender one had a product in it for the color! Check out thoes ingrediants before you go out to buy the "new product" it may be the same thing that you already have!

mslady
04-30-2003, 07:03 PM
I asked this question a little while ago, but I don't think that anyone knew anything about it at the time. If I am not mistaken it is called Cleansing Conditioner, it is by Black n' Sassy. It's a clear bottle with pink lettering like someone mentioned a few posts ago. I wanted to try it, but since the post didn't get many responses I decided to wait. Dont want to waste any money because I am not sure about some of Black n' Sassy products.