PDA

View Full Version : Should I Bc Before Giving Birth

jambrit24
06-11-2005, 09:52 AM
:afro:
just wondering what you guys think. i am due to bc this year. however i was just wondering whether you think i should BC prior to giving birth or doesnty it matter. i know they say that hair changes during pregnancy though usually wear protective - ish styles like canerows braids twist etc.

what do you think. i know right now my hair needs a trim as the ends are a bit tatty. i have five months till babys birth so i need to do something

also is there anything different i should be doing with my hair.
my scalp is often dry and flaky-ish after 1 week after washing. its 4 a or b and its fine
thanks in advance

jambrit24
06-11-2005, 09:58 AM
my hair texture is fine and varied. the curliest is in the middle .

soulgirl
06-11-2005, 02:07 PM
go for it girl! DO IT! LIFE IS TOO SHORT THE LONGER YOU ARE 100% NAPPY THE BETTER!

All you need to do from my opinion is deep condition once a week and spritz with essential oils perharps once or twice a week, and get head massages from loved ones or a proffessional to relax, and stimulate hair growth. What could be more wonderful than starting a new life with a baby and a new journey with your hair - you'll be a beautiful, natural ,nubian Mum! :afro:

good luck x :pointlaugh:

terriela
06-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Go ahead and cut it girl. That way by the time the baby is here you will already figured out a routine that works best for your natural hair. If it needs to be trimmed, why don't you just go 'head and cut it now? Natural will easier to maintain anyway. I promise you, you will not have as much time to do your hair after you have the baby.

gigglezk
06-11-2005, 02:22 PM
i say only do it if you are emotionally ready. childbirth brings about all kinds of emotions so be prepared. some women get the baby blues and even postpartum depression after having a baby. cutting your hair off is something that can also be very emotional for some women. so you don't need the added stress of dealing with a mental and physical appearance change while dealing with lifechanges of having a newborn. while it would be an easier hairstyle to deal with. make sure you are emotionally ready to deal with this decision. best of luck with your baby and your hair decision.

LuaBonita
06-11-2005, 03:32 PM
if youve been transitioning since 2003, you may have enough natural hair to go for it and just wear a protective style around the time the baby is due.

LadyInBleu
06-11-2005, 04:50 PM
I say Go For It! I gave birth last October and wore micros to get me through the scorching summer and 5 months of my pregnancy. I took my braids out the week before I delivered (I was a month early). I attacked my hair with 'laxer in December and then it hit me ... I hadn't had a 'laxer since the beginning of the year! So I had to deal w/ the chemically straightened hairdos and such with two children (my son is 5 1/2) - Not Fun. I regret getting my 'laxer and wish that I had just cut it off last summer instead of the micros. Now that my daughter is going on 8 months I am BC'ing in 2 weeks. I can't wait! The rebirth of my Nappiness is much welcomed and will make it so much easier to manage my hair w/ my newest routine ... getting rid of the baby weight! Jogging w/ a TWA will be much cooler than w/ the head of two-textured (nappy/chemical) hair that I have now. Good Luck w/ whichever way you decide to go.

mimicutelips
06-11-2005, 05:24 PM
I had my son last year and after going 6 months with NO PERM I wish I had just done the big chop. Especially because your hair grows the fastest while pregnant.

After I had my son I permed my hair :doh and it still didn't really take. I was so disappointed :( . After having my son my hair would SHED SO MUCH I as really upset :Angry_boese008: with myself for not chopping it all off. Not to mention I would have looked MUCH CUTER in the hospital with a :afro: then the half nappy half perm hair I had. And the scarf I had on my head wouldn't stay on. :dunno: My son will be 7 months next Friday and my hair still doesn't take well to perms. Its a great thing Im going natural.

When I look back at my pics from the hosp I get :icon_eek13: just a tad cause my son was so beautiful and I was a mess. lol

Good Luck and CONGRATS on your bundle of joy.

jambrit24
06-12-2005, 02:31 PM
thanks guys. still deciding so i will see what happens. there isnt that much chemical left so it shouldnt be too hard.

soulgirl
06-13-2005, 10:00 AM
IF YOU ONLY HAVE A LITTLE BIT LEFT - chop it! you'll be fine, I mean all that hair is useless anyway nothing more prettier than your real natural hair! embrace it. Hanging on to a little bit of straight ends will do you no joy!
But hey if your not ready, your not ready.
Check out all the online photo albums for inspirational styles!!!! I like nappy diva, ravensII,guapa1 so many more!!!!!

jambrit24
06-16-2005, 07:32 PM
i will take a look at those albums