PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Boxx/the Love Below

Dreamyb
09-15-2003, 10:34 PM
aight, so what is there to listen to after you're done pushing up the faders, busting the meters and shaking the tweeters?

hmmm, that new 'kast. yep, them boys are at it again. i've been studying andre3000's half of their new effort and mayne.... this cat is wild :blink:

ooh, but i still love him. now, i enjoy big boi but for some reason i was hella bored with his cd. i might need to listen to it again :unsure:

i think it comes out 9/23... i could be incorrect though.

what's cooler than cold?

ice cold

Fauryn78
09-15-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Dreamyb@Sep 15 2003, 06:34 PM
aight, so what is there to listen to after you're done pushing up the faders, busting the meters and shaking the tweeters?

LOL!!!

Listening to Badu all week huh? ;)

me too

Dreamyb
09-15-2003, 10:45 PM
yeah, girl.

i actually had that cd when i created that wwu thread so you know i'm through :lol:

i'm a still cop it though ;)

honeychild
10-29-2003, 05:58 PM
bump.

*swoon*

discuss.

:)

dedicated
10-29-2003, 06:03 PM
Girl, I am in love with Mr. 3000! I can't get enough of The Love Below!

Crawl Baby! Crawl Baby!

BlkButterflye
10-29-2003, 06:23 PM
ey dedicated......Spread the love, girl....

i am also in love with Dre :amour: .......His side is still on heavy rotation....loving the joint with Norah Jones.....

And he ain't bad on the eyes up close;)

AfrikanGyrl
10-29-2003, 06:24 PM
I bought the album last Friday and I STILL haven't listened to the Big Boi CD. I just love Andre 3000 CD I can't get past the first 13 tracks .... and the lyrics...rose really smell like boo boo.. ( and I am like yea..they do huh?) stank u smelly much :lol

Fauryn78
10-29-2003, 11:03 PM
The love below stays in rotation...

dedicated
10-29-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by BlkButterflye@Oct 29 2003, 01:23 PM

i am also in love with Dre :amour: .......His side is still on heavy rotation....loving the joint with Norah Jones.....

And he ain't bad on the eyes up close;)
It's his smile! It's hypnotic! I just love to watch the Hey Ya video, just to see him smile! Very talented cat, I love it that he's so free to try new things with his art. Very sexy.

carrolina
10-29-2003, 11:23 PM
yes...andre..that smile. i got to number 9 on speakerboxxx and i stopped listening. i love big boi too, but andre's more for me...that was the weekend the cd came out lol...ill get back to speakerboxxx later tho. i listened to the love below a couple hours ago. im all relaxed now lol. *i think im in looooooove agaiiin....* lol. andre, will you marry me? :amour

W8N2XHL
10-29-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Dreamyb@Sep 15 2003, 05:34 PM

what's cooler than cold?

ice cold
Agent : 3000, Don't mess it up for everbody. Act like you got some sense

Dookie: All he gonna do is shake his @ss.

Agent: Was anybody talkin to him?

Andre 3000: I'm just gonna do what I know how to do

Agent: I ain't fly all the way over here in the middle seat for you to F*** up. Act like you got some sense.....Greyhound don't float on water.

Can you tell I love that video? Well when I was home sick for a week with the case of the shingles, I think I saw this on MTV Jams and VH1 Soul about 20 times.

I

BlkButterflye
10-30-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by dedicated+Oct 29 2003, 11:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dedicated @ Oct 29 2003, 11:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BlkButterflye@Oct 29 2003, 01:23 PM

And he ain&#39;t bad on the eyes up close;)
It&#39;s his smile! It&#39;s hypnotic! I just love to watch the Hey Ya video, just to see him smile! Very talented cat, I love it that he&#39;s so free to try new things with his art. Very sexy. [/b][/quote]
Whadddd, you too.......the smile is soooo innocent......i don&#39;t know if that is the child molester in me, but i love to see the innocence of that smile.....and when i saw him, he was ordering a green drink consisting of kale, collards, carrots, and parsley **you&#39;d remember his order too** and he turned around and there it was----that smile...lol....

but dookie in hey ya is milking the smile in the video...

Curlysaurus
10-30-2003, 02:15 AM
Another Dre lover here! His creativity is so dang sex-x-y!! Now I understand the spell Mz. Badu was under *sigh* I feel like one of those silly Beatlesque girls in his Hey Ya video. . . .

I&#39;ve got my ultra nerd hubby singing Spread and HeyYa. That Happy Valentine&#39;s Day song is cool too!! :yaisse3

honeychild
10-30-2003, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Curlysaurus@Oct 29 2003, 10:15 PM
Another Dre lover here! His creativity is so dang sex-x-y!! Now I understand the spell Mz. Badu was under *sigh* I feel like one of those silly Beatlesque girls in his Hey Ya video. . . .

I&#39;ve got my ultra nerd hubby singing Spread and HeyYa. That Happy Valentine&#39;s Day song is cool too!! :yaisse3
gurl that aint his creativity... that&#39;s his smile... and his smooth brown skin... and his eyes... and his smile... and his confidence... and fashion unpredictability... and his broad chest and little waist and tendancy to wear no shirt... and his smile... :)

his creativity is inspiring, sure, and makes for great music. but what&#39;s sex-x-y is a WHOLE buncha other thangs! shooot. steven hawking is creative, too. marylin manson is creative. LOL. :) :-cre

***screaming like a beatles girl***

BlkButterflye
10-30-2003, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by honeychild+Oct 30 2003, 03:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (honeychild @ Oct 30 2003, 03:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Curlysaurus@Oct 29 2003, 10:15 PM
Another Dre lover here! His creativity is so dang sex-x-y!! Now I understand the spell Mz. Badu was under *sigh* I feel like one of those silly Beatlesque girls in his Hey Ya video. . . .

I&#39;ve got my ultra nerd hubby singing Spread and HeyYa. That Happy Valentine&#39;s Day song is cool too!! :yaisse3
gurl that aint his creativity... that&#39;s his smile... and his smooth brown skin... and his eyes... and his smile... and his confidence... and fashion unpredictability... and his broad chest and little waist and tendancy to wear no shirt... and his smile... :)

his creativity is inspiring, sure, and makes for great music. but what&#39;s sex-x-y is a WHOLE buncha other thangs! shooot. steven hawking is creative, too. marylin manson is creative. LOL. :) :-cre

***screaming like a beatles girl*** [/b][/quote]
LMAO at Honeychild...girl, you are crazy.....lol

your description got me just a weee bit tingly up in here...lol

Curlysaurus
10-30-2003, 05:23 AM
Y&#39;all have me rolling on the floor!!

Yeah, honeychild, Dre is physically sexy. It IS that danged smile, that skin, that jaw line and that fashion sense LOL. My God, isn&#39;t he wearing a hard hotcombed press in Hey Ya? And yet he is still sexy :rolleyes

[I do love Hawking&#39;s brain . . . black holes, quantum physics and all that but MM is straight up scary gurl. uh uhh :lol ]

honeychild
10-30-2003, 11:19 AM
hee hee. i believe sexy is as sexy does, and his music is consistently genre-expanding & that definitely helps. but we gotta give the boy his physical props, too. let&#39;s not skirt around the issue: dre 3k is incredibly easy on the eyes :amour

:offtopic now, on mr. manson (if you&#39;re nasty) yes he is downright frightening. but he was the perfect example to really drive my point home b/c he&#39;s one of the most unabashedly CREATIVE people out there as far as really using himself as a canvas and playing with his imagery. i&#39;ve never really listened to his music and don&#39;t really plan to, because he frightens me, lol... but when i saw him in bowling for columbine and heard what he had to say, i was like, wow. we might could have a conversation one day. who&#39;da thunk? :tiptoe

[/ :offtopic ]

now back to yr regularly scheduled creaming, "spreading," screaming, squealing, and tingling. :)

why do i have seperate and discrete crushes on each and every one of dre&#39;s alter-egos in the hey ya video? i got a problem, yall.

W8N2XHL
10-30-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by honeychild@Oct 30 2003, 06:19 AM

why do i have seperate and discrete crushes on each and every one of dre&#39;s alter-egos in the hey ya video? i got a problem, yall.
No you don&#39;t b/c I just want to rub on Dookie&#39;s chest and just tickle Benjamin Andre until he laughs out loud.

Hmmmm, maybe I am the sicko.

Dreamyb
10-31-2003, 12:14 AM
lol

i forgot all about this thread. thanks honey :)

it looks like andre has us all sweatin&#39;.

why is it that my mayne watches me out of the corner of his eye when we&#39;re watching the hey ya video? i try not to get too excited but man.....

for those of you who have yet to hear big boi&#39;s cd (due to andre&#39;s spell) i think you should give it a listen. it&#39;s straight. i feel all pimpalicous and things after i&#39;ve listened to speakerboxxx. lmao

crocodile on my feet
foxfur on my back
bowtie around my neck
that&#39;s why they call me the gansta mack
in the cadillac...
yeah!

:tiptoe

KinkyCoils
10-31-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by dedicated@Oct 29 2003, 01:03 PM
Girl, I am in love with Mr. 3000! I can&#39;t get enough of The Love Below!

Crawl Baby! Crawl Baby!
Ditto! :dance:

honeychild
11-02-2003, 05:45 AM
just had to acknowledge that on SNL just now, one of dre&#39;s dancers had the prettiest shaved head...

Dolliesdaughter
11-03-2003, 03:49 PM
I thought I was the only one who loves Dre&#39;s Kool Aid smile.

Azure
11-03-2003, 06:46 PM
*drools*

I&#39;m lovin&#39; both the CDs!

Azure :bubble

nappyfenix820
11-30-2003, 06:45 AM
Andre is not from this earth! His style is years beyond what people are ready for, and as a result he&#39;s gonna be a fixture in the music biz for years to come! When I first head his cd, i actually hated it. I hated it b/c he wasn&#39;t&#39; rapp&#39;n and also I couldn&#39;t classify it as rap. I hated it b/c I couldn&#39;t "label" it. After that I listened to it again, and basically i&#39;ve been wearing that suckah out in my cd player. Every song is different and innovative...

question: I swear the voice of the interlude "The Morning After" belongs to Beyonce...and takers on this one?

Back to the albums, Big Boi&#39;s off the chain as well. So glad that I bought and did not burn! Money well spent :app

np

enamina
11-30-2003, 07:30 AM
This was probably the best CD I bought this year. At first i was in love with the Andre side, it was so different and kinda in your face. Then once I stared listening to the Big Boi side, especially the lyrics, I really started lovin that too. I did not waste my money on that CD.