PDA

View Full Version : Seitan

chocl8diva714
09-16-2003, 05:23 AM
...for those of you who eat this....how do you use it? Do you make it yourself or buy it.....if ya buy it...from where? and if ya make it...how?

Really never heard of it until this board, but I am intrigued!! Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Smooches and blessings
~Chocl8~

LotsOfLocs
09-16-2003, 05:39 AM
I get Ray's Seitan from Whole Foods. I chop it up, bake or fry. I like to bake it in olive oil and then add barbecue sauce with onions, garlic, and green peppers.

QueenLena03
09-16-2003, 05:58 AM
I use seitan from Whole Foods Market as well. I use it in recipes that call for a meat sub. Recently I had a stroganoff dish made with it along with some vegetarian sour cream...too good! :thumbsup:

Joyfulocs
09-16-2003, 07:18 PM
The only kind I&#39;ve had was already "seasoned." I don&#39;t live near a Whole Foods, which is probably a good thing considering my income. <_< However, I did find it near the tofu in the produce section of my supermarket, and I also found it at a health food store nearby. I bought the Teriyaki and mixed it in with stir fry veggies. Yummm!! ^_^

chocl8diva714
09-17-2003, 05:58 AM
Thanks for the responses ladies.....I would attempt to make my own, but being in a dorm with no stove is :blink: ....URGH!! I am going to look for the prepared kind, but looking out for the sodium content too!! Those meal ideas sound great!!

**Have y&#39;all tried to prepare it in the microwave?

Smooches and blessings
~Chocl8~

LotsOfLocs
09-17-2003, 02:17 PM
Not Ray&#39;s Seitan. It would not be good. Its not frozen or dry. It needs to be in a stove or pan.