PDA

View Full Version : Weight Loss And Birth Control

Ladybug
09-16-2003, 12:41 PM
Has anyone here ever acheived weight loss while taking birth control pills? I ask because in the past I have attempted (well not that much :( ) to lose weight but have been unsuccessful.
Now, I am more active than before, I walk every day for at least 30 minutes and 3 times a week I practice Tae Kwon Do for an hour. Nothing. I cant honestly say that my eating habits have changed all that much, but I honestly dont eat a lot now and not to mention I dont eat dinner on most days.

Is it just my eating habits, or do you think the birth control pills might make it a little harder for me to get this weight off.

Lagina
09-16-2003, 01:09 PM
I do know that birth control made me gain weight :angry:
I just had to do more than I was doing before to get back to the size I was before I starting taking them.

I don't use them anymore by the way.

Ipanema
09-16-2003, 08:42 PM
I think you should try keeping a food diary for a week or more. Record everything that you eat, and at what time that you ate it. Also inlcude drinks. When I tried this, I discovered that I had been consuming over 2,100 calories a day, which was way too much for my frame & activity level at the time. If the pills are making you hungry, then maybe you can try substituting your regular food with lower calorie choices.

Babybee
09-16-2003, 08:57 PM
The pills made me gain weight as well. The one thing that may be pulling you back is the fact that you don't eat dinner...not that you have to but when you start cutting your meals down to one or two a day your body sees this as a sign of depletion. It will then begin to store the food that you do eat a fat or sustinance. I don't know what your food consist of but a lot of times that is where you may need to start. Eating 4 to 6 small meals a day is better than skipping. I know I was putting away a lot of pasta, breads and sugar(my downfall) and I cut back on that about a month ago, along with kicking up my exercise routine and I have started to loose some weight.

Ladybug
09-17-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Babybee@Sep 16 2003, 02:57 PM
The pills made me gain weight as well. The one thing that may be pulling you back is the fact that you don't eat dinner...not that you have to but when you start cutting your meals down to one or two a day your body sees this as a sign of depletion. It will then begin to store the food that you do eat a fat or sustinance. I don't know what your food consist of but a lot of times that is where you may need to start. Eating 4 to 6 small meals a day is better than skipping. I know I was putting away a lot of pasta, breads and sugar(my downfall) and I cut back on that about a month ago, along with kicking up my exercise routine and I have started to loose some weight.
Wow! You know, that makes a lot of sense. I will keep that in mind. I am in the process of changing my eating habits (I am testing out Atkins) but I have realized that I do eat a lot of carbs and starch. And I nibble a lot throughout the day including drinking high calorie beverages. Those sodas and juice do make a difference.

I realize now that it is all about my eating habits and being active. I cant be active and eat like a heathen and expect to lose weight. But I do realize that the pills do cause you to gain weight (for some and maybe not that much), but with a little extra work, it is possible to lose.