PDA

View Full Version : Is It Growing?

Button2004
06-17-2005, 02:48 PM
I think I have some form of alopecia on the right side of my head by the hair line. I have always had trouble with that side and since I did my second big shop it has been really bothering me. :(

I think it was caused by years of perming I am not sure. It could have also been the afro puffs I wore prior to my big chop. I have noticed this weak side since last october and it is still a problem. :angry:

No one seems to notice but me. Someone told me it was "stylish" but I couldn&#39;t but feel <_< at that comment. Just doesn&#39;t seem like an honest thing to say about a jacked up hairline.

Here is a comparision shot:

http://xbe.xanga.com/2028402ac77328255285/z6493893.jpg

The left side is my hairline 4 weeks ago, the right side is my hairline today.

What do you think? :unsure:

KnappilyMe
06-17-2005, 04:37 PM
i would say give it alittle more time before you go jumping to drastic conclusions. remember that sometimes hair grows at different rates on our scalps... Do you sleep on this side more then you do the others? I have noticed that the side i sleep on grows slower then the other side.

give it a wittle more time :)

Button2004
06-17-2005, 05:17 PM
Thank you Knappilyme. :wub:

I have been noticing this week side since last October. It doesn&#39;t seem to grow at all.

I actually sleep on the other side more ironically.

*sigh*

I will stop obssessing over it and give it more time. :(

trubliss
06-17-2005, 09:17 PM
I know that sometimes it is hard to tell if your hair is growing, especially when you are the one to look at it everyday, but it definetly looks like that area is filling in.

sweetwhisper
06-18-2005, 06:43 PM
It looks like its filling in to me- button i feel your pain- my right temple is.... no one else can notice it but i surely can.

*MoSeSmIcHeLLe*
06-19-2005, 06:50 PM
It&#39;s filling in well.

iandi
06-20-2005, 07:20 AM
It&#39;s DEFINITELY filling in, Button. Don&#39;t worry, I know its hard, but believe me it&#39;s growing in. I&#39;d tell ya if it weren&#39;t. ;)

This is the haircut I want...unfortunately I feel too self-conscious about my bald spot in back and my thin hairline...

*iandi playing violin slowly and sadly* (lol)

iandi

MeImJusMe
06-21-2005, 09:41 PM
I see a big difference, I&#39;d say is coming along well. It&#39;s getting thicker.

DaisysHair
06-23-2005, 04:14 PM
Button I see a major difference.

Coming from someone who suffers from alopocia and having it run in the family I can testtify. The right side is filling in which is great because in lots of cases the hair will never grow back. My mom and aunt have severe cases and they have not had any growth with their problem areas for years.

In my case the one spot in the back of my head has hair there and it will grow long, but it wills in very thin. not so much that you can tell by looking, but I know it&#39;s there.

The main thing that helped me was using ini&#39;s Wella Kolesteral treatment and Rosemary and Tea Tree Oil spritz.

_Empress_
09-08-2005, 06:01 PM
Hey button, it&#39;s been a while since you last posted here. I&#39;m also having problems with my sides, mostly from previous years of perming and the use of sponge rollers. Do you think you could post yourcomparison shots again and an updated shot? :wub:

By the way what&#39;s your "msn space address"...lost contact

nomoreburns
09-09-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Button2004@Jun 17 2005, 07:48 AM
I think I have some form of alopecia on the right side of my head by the hair line. I have always had trouble with that side and since I did my second big shop it has been really bothering me. :(

I think it was caused by years of perming I am not sure. It could have also been the afro puffs I wore prior to my big chop. I have noticed this weak side since last october and it is still a problem. :angry:

No one seems to notice but me. Someone told me it was "stylish" but I couldn&#39;t but feel <_< at that comment. Just doesn&#39;t seem like an honest thing to say about a jacked up hairline.

Here is a comparision shot:

http://xbe.xanga.com/2028402ac77328255285/z6493893.jpg

The left side is my hairline 4 weeks ago, the right side is my hairline today.

What do you think? :unsure:

Your hair looks fine...and your twist are very cute !!