PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had any flaking with...

NaturalSkeeWee
02-10-2003, 01:10 PM
This weekend I used fruit of the earth 100% Aloe Vera gel and it flaked in my hair :( I woke up styled my hair and decided to put some aloe vera gel on the sides to make the fly-aways stay put but later that day I looked at my hair and there were big white flakes in it from the gel. Has anyone else experience this? Can someone recommend a gel that will not flake.
Thanks ladies :D

KayC
02-10-2003, 02:07 PM
I have used Fruit of the Earth for some time now, and it has never flaked with me. Maybe it was something else you were using. I have found that some products can not be mixed. I do get flaking if I mix one gel on top of the other.

lydicarol
02-10-2003, 03:20 PM
I have used Fruit of the Earth for some time now, and it has never flaked with me. Maybe it was something else you were using. I have found that some products can not be mixed. I do get flaking if I mix one gel on top of the other.

I agree. I love FOTE but I use it by itself or with some jojoba oil. I found that if I mixed it with a leave in conditioner (like say Bumble and Bumble), it would flake up in my hand so I can only imagine what it would do to my hair.

krow
02-10-2003, 04:47 PM
I had that problem with the flakes, so I swithed to their vitimin E gel and have no flakes..

NaturalSkeeWee
02-10-2003, 06:56 PM
Thanks ladies. Before I used it I put some Paul Mitchell foaming pomade in my hair so maybe thats why I had the flaking. I will use it alone and see if I get the same results. Thanks again

Maestradiva77
02-10-2003, 08:54 PM
I also tried the FOTE Aloe Vera Gel and had no problems with flakes.

CEE26
02-11-2003, 12:59 PM
i've use the aloe vera gel..but not to lay my edges down..only to mix with another oil...flakes?..never experience it :lol: