PDA

View Full Version : Online Banking

Jazitones
06-22-2005, 07:12 PM
I have a friend who still balances her check book by going into the bank and checking her balance or call customer service on the phone. Which is so outrageous. She refuse's to touch a computer. :doh Now I am not judging anyone, (or am I, :huh: sorry) but just want to know who does online banking vs. doing it old way. I know it is everyone's preference and whatever makes you comfortable. But I have gotten so use to checking my account online now that I just don't have the patience to call up customer service and go through several menu's just to be put on hold to check what cleared and what is my balance. You don't have to comment if don't want too. You can just vote.

Reflection Journey
06-22-2005, 07:19 PM
I check balance online and pay my bills on line with my bank.

anabwi
06-22-2005, 08:33 PM
I bank online, but still keep tabs in old check register; can't help it, Mom was a bookkeeper that did it the old fashioned way

erinm
06-22-2005, 08:45 PM
I would be jacked up if I had to try to balance a check book. I've used online banking since I got my first checking account 5 years ago. I just check my balance online a couple times a week.

Jazitones
06-22-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by erinm@Jun 22 2005, 03:45 PM
I would be jacked up if I had to try to balance a check book. I've used online banking since I got my first checking account 5 years ago. I just check my balance online a couple times a week.

By me taking tons of accounting courses in college. I believe that keeping a journal is great on a monthly basis, I still love my online banking for daily use.

Everthing is so computerized and with the software that is out, ie Quicken, Microsoft Money and others; those are good programs to use just for your own peace of mind. :)

nappydee78
06-22-2005, 08:59 PM
i'm an online banker. I very rarely call the bank or even go in the bank for that matter! I even pay almost all bills online with the exception of my tithes and rent.

liberationtheory
06-22-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by nappydee78@Jun 22 2005, 02:59 PM
i'm an online banker. I very rarely call the bank or even go in the bank for that matter! I even pay almost all bills online with the exception of my tithes and rent.

me too! i even take this a step further and mail in any deposits that i need to make, which is rarely b/c get everything direct deposited. even my savings account is online. i just transfer money from my checking to my savings (gotta love ing direct).

however, i DO set my budget monthly in a paper ledger and i check off which items were paid and any check numbers (which of course, i write online).

terriela
06-23-2005, 12:00 AM
I check my balance online and I'll call the 1800 number. I've even transferred money using online banking. I'm sure it's a risk but it's so easy. There are times when I wish I didn't use a computer though. $230 got stuck in the ATM and it took me almost a week to get credit for it.

elleebeme5
06-23-2005, 02:20 AM
When I have to do a deposit, I do it in person but almost everything else is online. I addition to tithes, I write 1 or 2 checks a month.

linette411
06-23-2005, 04:55 PM
I check and transfer funds online,,, there is only one transaction that I have to call to have them do, they keep telling me that they will set it up so that I could do it but I don't see it

the only bill I pay online is my morgage and that's because they don't send monthly statements or booklets,,,,

everything else get's a written check and I verify that it's cleared by going online

brnize4u
06-23-2005, 05:47 PM
Online banking is a Godsend. I check my accounts a few times a week online. I haven't set foot into my bank in I don't know how many years.

brnize4u

Laniza
06-23-2005, 07:14 PM
I'm an online banker all the way. It's so convenient! I write maybe one or two checks a month--everything else is either electronically deposited or debited. I love it! :)

tenachie
06-24-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Laniza@Jun 23 2005, 01:14 PM
I'm an online banker all the way. It's so convenient! I write maybe one or two checks a month--everything else is either electronically deposited or debited. I love it! :)

Same here!

free banking with direct deposit. free bill pay. automatic debits/credits. I go to the bank to deposit checks from family/friends. I use my debit card everywhere & get cash back from the grocery store!!!

I also check my portfolio at my bankpage to see how much i'm worth overall. :D i say i check my account every other day or so, i know a bit excessive.

given that a lot of us live on napptural, i would expect most of us to be online bankers. now, let's take this survey to the avg joe on the streets.

Scrills
06-24-2005, 04:28 PM
What, there are actual bank buildings that you can walk into?

toosexy1
06-25-2005, 05:42 AM
i opened my account online and i have never set foot in my bank. if i notice anything wrong with my online statement, i just call them

LBellatrix
06-27-2005, 01:34 PM
I've only recently started doing online banking. Right now I'm only paying one bill online (the phone bill).

There's something about having checks and a checkbook in my hand that gives me a higher comfort level. It's a strange paradox given that I've spent most of my career working in IT and that I'm not exactly unfamiliar with the Internet.

I have a question, though: Now that I'm moving to a new state, is there any reason why I NEED to change banks since I can do almost everything online?

Sunchild
06-27-2005, 01:36 PM
Online banker here. One of my banks is an internet bank.

Sekhmet
06-27-2005, 03:21 PM
I write one check only: rent. Everything else is paid online.

tran68
06-27-2005, 03:32 PM
Online errythang....only send a check to the water company cause they ain't "hip" yet! :D I was even able to pay for the kid's camps online....pay it and the receipt is sent electronically to me then I go into my flex spending account and get reimbursed....all online...I LOVE it!!

LadyJ305
06-27-2005, 03:48 PM
I do different things depending on how I feel, and which services I have access to right then and there. I check my balances online, I call customer service sometimes, and I always keep a log of what I spend. I also pay some of my bills online, but there are some bills that I send checks in for (only because the company might charge a fee for paying online).

masoesa
06-27-2005, 03:56 PM
I do all my banking online. Only the stuff I really can't do online I do at the machine or the counter. I have been doing online banking for over 5 years now. Paying bills etc. I had to get used to the American way though. Before I moved to the states I had never written a check before. :dunno: I still make mistakes. :doh
Ok, I have to admin. This comes from a nerd wo strives to do things the easy way, as easy as possible. Why would you stand in line if it's totally not necessary?

Ms_Keda
06-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Online banking is a blessing for me because I can check my balance in the comforts of my own home. Plus I suck at math and would probably be screwed if I had to balance by hand.

creativity
07-07-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by NappCatcher@Jun 22 2005, 06:19 PM
I check balance online and pay my bills on line with my bank.

Agree w/ya. I still track by pen and paper though as a general practice.

ejfel
07-08-2005, 08:14 AM
:dunno: I guess I'm the odd ball here, still go to the bank.. I use to use the online option a while bank, but now I don't, maybe I'll afraid someone will steal my information :dunno: , lol, even though I make purchases online periodically for business :blush: I do use the 1800 number alot though, to check my balance, etc..