PDA

View Full Version : Learning to use the Tarot

TakomaQT
02-11-2003, 02:27 PM
I've notice that many have meantioned that they use the Tarot. I am extremely intuitive about situations and people. I have family members who are intuitive and use the Tarot as well.

My question is, what is the best method of learning to use the Tarot? I have chosen the cards that seemed to speak to me. What is the best way to approach learning?

LotsOfLocs
02-11-2003, 02:42 PM
Let them speak to you. Books are helpful if you dont understand complex symbolism like numerology, planet symbols, sun sign symbols, religous, and spiritual symbols.

GalaxyGirl2010
02-11-2003, 03:02 PM
Congrats Takoma :P

Id suggest that you just use your intuition will reading the cards instead of trying to memorise book meanings. that way the meanings will be personal and be easier to expand upon. maybe try meditating on one card at a time and allowing the images and your interpretations of them come to you.

Hope that helps :-)

LotsOfLocs
02-11-2003, 03:54 PM
My person has finally found the ultimate deck. Something was lacking in the other decks. The troth is the best! The imagery hidden and obvious is unreal. The ancient Khemetic, Christian, and Khaballah symbols are are great, so universal! The cards even have planetary symbols. The more traditional desks used in the past did make the transition to the Troth easier. The readings are own point!

GalaxyGirl2010
02-11-2003, 04:50 PM
Locs is that the thoth deck? from aleister crowley? Ive seen those and those are on my last of decks to buy if im thinking of the same ones

LotsOfLocs
02-11-2003, 06:00 PM
Locs is that the thoth deck? from aleister crowley? Ive seen those and those are on my last of decks to buy if im thinking of the same ones

Yes, they are truly special. Definetly a a keeper. Troth(Tehuti correct Khemetic name) is a great name for a deck with such wisdom.

TakomaQT
02-12-2003, 02:59 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. Funny you should mention the Thoth Tarot deck. The Thoth Tarot Deck is the deck that spoke to me. I held a lot of decks in the store and this particular one felt warm in my hand. I bought it...

GalaxyGirl2010
02-12-2003, 02:07 PM
I like the deck even though the deck has a bad rep from the guy who created it, Aleister Crowley. He was basically the forerunner of the modern satanist movement :shock: not sure what that says about me liking his deck, but who knows maybe i got a lil rosemary's baby in me? lol

LotsOfLocs
02-12-2003, 04:12 PM
Heard things about him too. But like many others, still like the deck. The symbolism is out of this world.

JSinChicago
04-22-2003, 09:33 PM
If you are still interested in learning tarot, Barnes & Noble University will be offering a free online course through , beginning May 5.

http://educate.barnesandnobleuniversity.co...Y1JW82X&nhid=bn (http://educate.barnesandnobleuniversity.com/educate/bn/home/catalog/overview.jsp?productId=6268&userid=2WTY1JW82X&nhid=bn)