PDA

View Full Version : Sy Smith

BlkButterflye
11-02-2003, 05:36 PM
hey ladies.....

I recently wrote a review that mentioned MeShell's background singer, Sly Stone....Well, actually her name is Sy Smith :doh ....Please do a search and check out some of her old music and that beautiful mane she rocks.....

blumoonbabe
11-02-2003, 10:52 PM
Does she sing a song that goes something like... "I don't know, but I'm not aware of too many things..." And is that her with Al Green singing the "Soul Food" theme song?

Dreamyb
11-03-2003, 01:08 AM
oh yeah, i remember her! she had a single entitled gladly a couple of years ago. she used to rock a cute afro pony puff although i'm not sure how her hair is now.

Sekhmet
11-03-2003, 01:22 AM
I like Sy's voice a lot. She's very talented and very pretty. Not to mention funny-as-hayell and a lot of fun to hang out with.

As for her hair...last time I saw her - in September - she had finished a long day in the studio before arriving at the party, so she had her hair brushed back into a bun with a curly ponytail piece attached. A couple of weeks earlier, she was wearing a headwrap.

BlkButterflye
11-03-2003, 03:43 AM
@blumoon....i am not sure but as dreamyb stated she made a song called "gladly" but not sure of the words.....

@dreamyb and sekhmet.....she rocks this BAA or huge puff...really cute..she has a lotta of hair...and yeah, she is very pretty...

blumoonbabe
11-03-2003, 06:51 AM
IS THIS HER?http://www.hbcunetwork.com/images/categories/memberofweek/sysmith.jpg if so, her 'fro is rockin'!

Sekhmet
11-03-2003, 02:24 PM
Yeah, blu. That's her, but not all her hair. She does have a lot of hair, but not that much. She looks much younger too.

BlkButterflye
11-04-2003, 05:39 AM
yeah..definitely the smile.....

her hair looked pretty big to me the night i saw her....Are u certain it's a weave here?

And what i saw that night appeared to be real.....

Sekhmet
11-04-2003, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by BlkButterflye@Nov 3 2003, 09:39 PM
Are u certain it's a weave here?...And what i saw that night appeared to be real.....
I know her. I've had dinner with her, hung out with her. Like I said before, she does have a lot of hair, but all that in the pic isn't hers.

Maybe you think I'm trying to call her out or something, but I'm not. She's in The Industry (you can hear the capitals in the way they say it out here). They like to mix it up, accentuate, enhance. It's a style thing for her. I'm not saying she's fakin' nappiness or anything 'cause she is napptural.

BlkButterflye
11-04-2003, 06:01 AM
Just had a question....
That's all....

Peace.

phatlipps1
11-11-2003, 10:48 PM
I saw her at the Belly Up in Solana Beach a few years back. She is tight. Very Pretty. Nice flava.