PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been on a Detox?

NaturalyHair
02-12-2003, 02:25 PM
As in no Dairy.Meat or Wheat?
If so how did it work for you??.

BushBaby
02-12-2003, 02:52 PM
I did a detox in January (from friday night to sunday night). I just drank homemade juice (from fresh oranges, grapefruit juice, and a lemon diluted with distilled water).
I also made veggie broth (boil together carrots, celery, onions, garlic, cayenne pepper, and potatoes). Just sift and sip that all weekend and take your vitamins.

It is rough overcoming the temptations but when things get bad...I just ate the pulp of the grapefruit.
My detox consisted of drinking clear fluids. My body was thankful after I was done. I aimed to try it every month. I might do it again at the end of February.

LotsOfLocs
02-12-2003, 02:54 PM
Yes, I dont eat dairy or meat period. I fasted for the winter solstice on organic pure orange juice and water. I tooks colon cleansers and the detox tinctures for 4 days. I will also be fasting and detoxing for the spring solstice also.

khamedra19
02-12-2003, 04:14 PM
My detox wasn't a very painful process. I'd been vegan for a long time before I did a raw food detox. My only symtptom was a few days of mucous drainage. I haven't yet done an all juice or all water or nothing at all fast. Perhaps the detox symptoms will be more stringent then. I'll let you know how it goes when I do a more rigorous fast.

cocoagirl
02-13-2003, 05:19 AM
I plan on doing a web search but off hand, for those of you currently or previously on a detox, do you have links to sites with information on how to's, recipes etc. for a detox?

ihgemini
02-13-2003, 06:07 PM
Blessings,
I've started fasting for 3 days after a colonic I had recently. Mine also is consisting of fruit juice and vegetable broth. I haven't noticed any unusual symptoms. Are there any common symptons one should look for?

Kandy
02-13-2003, 08:21 PM
can someone explain me why some of u are doing this ?? I would like to knwo cuz i never heard of that b4!

~Kandy~

ihgemini
02-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Blessings,
I'm no expert, but from the info I have gathered I discovered the following....

when we eat food some of the substances used to grow or cook it are toxic to our bodies. In order for the body to protect us from those toxins, the body hides and stores these toxins in parts of your body ie. organs and fat deposits. A build up of these toxins causes symptoms in our bodies such as gas, headaches, tiredness, etc.

Detoxing is a method of the body releasing these harmful chemicals by flushing them out of your system via urine, sweat, mucous secretions. Fasting and various detox products assisted the body of removing these substances.

I hope this helped.

LotsOfLocs
02-14-2003, 04:27 PM
can someone explain me why some of u are doing this ?? I would like to knwo cuz i never heard of that b4!

~Kandy~

I do it for spiritual and health reasons. When I fast I am more spiritually receptive. As for as health goes my colon needs a break. My body needs a break from harmful toxins. So I fast(dont eat) and cleanse my colon.

raysrib
03-06-2003, 06:54 PM
I am currently doing a cleanse/detox, called The MAster Cleanser, by Stanley Burroughs. It consists of lemon juice, grade B maple syrup (very important that it is grade B), a pinch of cayenne pepper and water. I drink this all day. The book talks about the cleanse thoroughly. I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to detox. It is very pleasant and all natural. I have lost at least 10 lbs or more...and this is my 12th day. It has done wonders for my skin. And besides that, it just tastes good!

Raysrib

BushBaby
03-06-2003, 07:34 PM
Where do they sell Maple grade B syrup and what's so beneficial about this maple syrup?

NaturalLove
03-06-2003, 10:16 PM
It consists of lemon juice, grade B maple syrup (very important that it is grade B), a pinch of cayenne pepper and water. I drink this all day. Raysrib

I'm flipping through my book right now and it says "All grades can be used in the diet but Dark Amber and Grade B are most desirable."

EarthTones
03-07-2003, 03:25 PM
I do it for spiritual and health reasons. When I fast I am more spiritually receptive. As for as health goes my colon needs a break. My body needs a break from harmful toxins. So I fast(dont eat) and cleanse my colon.

I also detox every other month or so, for health and spiritual benefits. We DO need to rid our body of toxins and harmful residual matter that doesn't get flushed out of our body through normal digestion. Doing #2 doesn't quite cut it! I also make sure I take my vitamins too. I detoxed on the last 2 solstices (winter and summer) and noted a significant improvement in my spiritual acuity.

Also, be sure to wean yourself back on to whole foods after you complete your fast...to get your body back into the groove.

The Master Cleanser by Stanley Burroughs is a definite must have.

EarthTones
03-07-2003, 03:41 PM
Where do they sell Maple grade B syrup and what's so beneficial about this maple syrup?

Grade B maple syrup is unrefined and still contains many of the minerals that regular syrup does not. It also doesn't contain any preservatives.

I have seen, and purchased, Grade B syrup in just about every health food market I have been to. I think it has more of a maple taste than mainstream syrup.

raysrib
03-17-2003, 05:07 PM
Hey ladies--

I just wanted to say that, since I have ended my detox and am back to foods, I haven't had any cravings for the sugary, fatty stuff that I used to eat. An example, my dh came home the other day, with a huge cherry cheese cake! I was a little upset at him for bringing home such a big one, since I wasn't going to eat any of it. Well, it did look good so I had a little slice, and I didn't even finish it all because the taste alone totally turned me off! I was glad about that, and I think that was one of the results from the cleanse. I have been eating a lot more fresh green salads, at least 2 a day and snacking on fruits as well. I have only had a little meat here and there. But nevertheless, I am excited about the way I feel and my eating habits. I have also been exercising with those Mari Windsor Pilates tapes---they are so great!

Raysrib-

karatebear
03-18-2003, 01:55 AM
Earthtones, can you please explain what a "solstice" is? Just curious...

kimberj5
03-19-2003, 06:05 AM
hey,

i plan on starting the master cleanse today after doing some research. can any of you who did this particular cleanse post your experience? were you hungry or feeling weak and light headed all the time or did this clear up in a couple of days? did you also do the salt water cleanse? if so, how often?

LotsOfLocs
03-19-2003, 01:29 PM

The solstice is the season change. The Spring Solstice is Friday I believe.

EarthTones
03-24-2003, 02:50 AM

Sorry karatebear...I was out of town for a few days and wasn't "watching" this thread when I came back....thanks LotsofLocs for your response.

karatebear...the summer and winter solstices are considered the most significant of the changing seasons, since the summer solstice (usually June 21 or 22, this year it's the 21st) is the longest day of the year (in terms of hours of sunlight), when the sun reaches it's highest point and the winter solstice is the shortest day of the year (December 21 or 22). These days have significant relevance in just about all issues regarding nature...planetary movement, agricultural calendars, etc.

For those who may not ascribe to this...the solstices can simply represent a starting point for personal "change" as signified by the change of seasons.

HTH