PDA

View Full Version : FriZzY HAIr ..DrIviNg Me cRAZY!!!

Kandy
01-21-2003, 11:56 PM
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!! !!!

My hair is so frizzy !!!!!! anything to define curls....im already using tropcial conditionner but I want to try somethign new!!

~KAnDY~

silvi
01-22-2003, 03:11 AM
"No poo" has really given me curl definition, also I do not comb my twa except with a wide toothed comb when it is wet with conditioner. I still have some frizzy areas but that is just my hair texture. I like the mix.

Kandy
01-22-2003, 03:13 AM
"No poo" has really given me curl definition, also I do not comb my twa except with at wide toothed comb when it is wet with conditioner. I still have some frizzy areas but that is just my hair texture. I like the mix.

im no pooing too!!! it did a change for me because when i was shampooing my hair was worst but its still too much too handle!!!

HELPPPPPPPPPP

dream*kailee
01-22-2003, 04:06 AM
Kandy, you are determined to tame your frizz girl! I\'m thinking of going to get a trim for mine because I am convinced that is what it is, and I doubt your hair is lacking mositure. Trying sleeping on satin or silk too.

KinkyCoils
01-22-2003, 04:34 PM
I know how you feel, Kandy. My TWA is doing the same thing and I just figured it was my hair. I personally don't mind the lil' frizz I have. I'm not exactly sure what to tell you, but try frizz control products to how that works for you. Good luck

Tasha806
01-24-2003, 07:59 PM
I used to have a big frizz problem too. I found that when i don't comb or manipulate my hair when styling it doesn't frizz. I also switched styling gels too i don't know if they made a difference or not, i used to use the Aveda Flaxseed and Aloe sculpting gel and it had a very light hold and frizzed whenever humid weather conditions were present. I now use Aquatex styling gel by Aquelle they sell it at Sally Beauty supply, it has no alcohol and does not flake. It has been working really well for my hair I no longer have a frizz problem either. I also started using essential oils in my hair instead of regular hair lotions or moisturizers too, i think that made a big difference also. I use the Kelechi hair oil by Nasabb or the Kemi-oyl to moisturize my hair when needed. I think my frizz problem was related to dry hair.

Kandy
01-24-2003, 11:08 PM
I used to have a big frizz problem too. I found that when i don't comb or manipulate my hair when styling it doesn't frizz. I also switched styling gels too i don't know if they made a difference or not, i used to use the Aveda Flaxseed and Aloe sculpting gel and it had a very light hold and frizzed whenever humid weather conditions were present. I now use Aquatex styling gel by Aquelle they sell it at Sally Beauty supply, it has no alcohol and does not flake. It has been working really well for my hair I no longer have a frizz problem either. I also started using essential oils in my hair instead of regular hair lotions or moisturizers too, i think that made a big difference also. I use the Kelechi hair oil by Nasabb or the Kemi-oyl to moisturize my hair when needed. I think my frizz problem was related to dry hair.

Gurl I dont comb my hair it would be worst!! I think im going to try to sleep in a satin scarf(thanx kailee for the sugestion)...but damn everytime I sleep with something on my head the next morning my scarf is on the the floor...I don't think its time for a trim yet...(scissorphobia)..lol

~Kandy~

Honeycomb
01-26-2003, 01:53 AM
I don't know if this will help your Kandy, but after I condition my hair with Loreal Curlvive Conditioner, I will then put really cold water on my hair (not scalp, too cold for that right now) so that it's kinda dripping, then I will add either Long Aid Curl Activator Gel w/Aloe vera (not too many like this gel, but it's leaves hair very soft if you're not heavy-handed like me), I also ran across ORS lock and twist gel which I like too. I now can get away without rinsing my whole head everyday, just add cold water to hair with my hands every morning then put on a little gel and it seems as though the second day is better than the first. Hope this helps. (Also I will use Aura leave-in Elixer every morning). I hope you understand these instructions and hope this helps. :D

dream*kailee
01-26-2003, 03:24 PM
Kinky Coils... I love your hair girl!!!! let me know your secret! :shock:

Tasha806
01-27-2003, 02:56 AM
Kandy, since you don't like sleeping with anything on your head, try the satin pillow covers, they sell them at Sally's and other beauty supply stores for like $4. They work a lot better for me, girl my head will burn up if i sleep with a scarf on it! :lol:

Kandy
01-27-2003, 03:02 AM
Kandy, since you don't like sleeping with anything on your head, try the satin pillow covers, they sell them at Sally's and other beauty supply stores for like $4. They work a lot better for me, girl my head will burn up if i sleep with a scarf on it! :lol:

thanx tasha ill try that!!!

Tasha806
01-27-2003, 07:07 PM
You're welcome, let me know how it works out for you!

Curlicious
01-27-2003, 07:22 PM
It may be your conditioner! Suave coconut works for a lot of people but left my hair dry and frizzy. Mine always gets frizzy when it is dry. Try adding a leave-in conditioner to help your hair retain moisture throughout the day. I like Bumble and bumble. I also add an oil product like hair butter or hair milk from Elemiskin.

NappGirlCurl
01-27-2003, 10:19 PM
Try ABBA Nourishing Leave-In . I like it a lot. You can buy it at Trade Secrets.