PDA

View Full Version : Coming To La In August

China
07-25-2005, 09:12 PM
My best girlfriend and I are coming mid-August. We're in our early 20's and looking for fun places to visit.

Where can we find great food?

Where are the best places to shop?

Where are hot night spots for clubbing? Open mic?

Where are the black people???????

kutemommie
07-25-2005, 10:18 PM
Do you mean LA (Los Angeles) or La (Louisiana)?

China
07-26-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by kutemommie@Jul 25 2005, 10:18 PM
Do you mean LA (Los Angeles) or La (Louisiana)?

Los Angeles. I tried to edit and the title still didn't change.

librarising
07-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by China@Jul 25 2005, 04:12 PM
Open mic?

Da Poetry Lounge (http://www.dapoetrylounge.com/)

Not that I've been, but I've heard that it's good.

China
07-26-2005, 09:53 PM
Librarising,

Thanks! We're gonna try it out.

chocolate1
07-27-2005, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by China@Jul 25 2005, 01:12 PM
Where are the black people???????

Gurl, we everywhere!!! There is no place immune from some black people. You might want to hit the shops in Leimert Park for some Afrocentric stuff. Alot of people like the Beverly Center for shopping because of the high end shops. I like Del Amo Shopping center because it is in my price range.

You can hit the beaches because in August, the devil goes back to hell because it is too hot in LA.

There are too many places to name to eat because there is something for everybody. Except, I haven't found any good soul food places here, I just cook my own. Maybe someone will have a suggestion that I haven't tried.

Sorry, don't go clubbin', its past my bedtime.

China
07-27-2005, 05:09 PM
Thanks Chocolate1!

It's funny that you would mention soul food. We went to Granny's on Crenshaw last summer and kept going back. Good food! We're planning to hit them up soon after we land at LAX.

We're definitely going to be on the beaches and swimming at the hotel. We're staying at the Westin Bonaventure. Do you know if that's far from Sunset? Something tells me we'll spend most our nights around there.

Is it humid? Last year, the weather was perfect. Aww I can't wait!!

China
07-27-2005, 05:09 PM
Thanks Chocolate1!

It's funny that you would mention soul food. We went to Granny's on Crenshaw last summer and kept going back. Good food! We're planning to hit them up soon after we land at LAX.

We're definitely going to be on the beaches and swimming at the hotel. We're staying at the Westin Bonaventure. Do you know if that's far from Sunset? Something tells me we'll spend most our nights around there.

chocolate1
07-27-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by China@Jul 27 2005, 09:09 AM
Thanks Chocolate1!

The Westin Bonaventure is downtown which is quite a ways from Sunset. Will you have a car or are you planning to ride public transportation? Some days it is humid but I work at the beach, so everyday it is humid. It is not as humid as in the southern states, though. It is like lightly humid.

China
08-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Oh, we're renting a car. I heard public transportation in LA was not the way to go.
Oh, I love LA's "humidity". It's nothing like DC's.