PDA

View Full Version : BALLET

Suki
02-12-2003, 06:33 PM
Is there anyone here who still takes ballet or has in the past? I'm thinking of becoming a beginning adult ballet student. Any points or tips? Any info would be welcome. :D

honeychild
02-13-2003, 05:18 AM
i've taken some ballet as an adult -- i just did a google search for 'adult ballet classes' and found a bunch of pages and listings... include the name of your city and you might find a good class in your area

in-class tips:
*if you're a beginner make SURE to find a beginngers class.
*peoples levels in the class may be mixed but be casual in your mood and focus on developing technique.
*focus on your alignment and the technique rather than the outcome -- raising your leg to your ear isn't as important as it is that you keep your back straight and lift with your knee on the top (for example.) it builds strength each time you do it and suddenly your knee's by your ear and you don't remember how it got there. :wink:

Midoria
02-13-2003, 11:41 PM
Is there anyone here who still takes ballet or has in the past? I'm thinking of becoming a beginning adult ballet student. Any points or tips? Any info would be welcome. :D

Go for it. I danced for years. Ballet teaches discipline and grace, along with helping you look and feel your best!

spacetygrss
02-13-2003, 11:46 PM
I agree with both Honeychild and Midoria.

I danced for a long time. Just make sure that you research the classes before taking them so that you can be as comfortable as possible. Hope you have fun. If not, at least you should enjoy the toning qualities of the exercises. :)

scurrie
02-16-2003, 05:24 AM
Yes, I'm a dancer and ballet is very relaxing. My advice is not to be too self conscious about whether your doing the steps like everyone else. Just pay as much attention to the teacher, ask questions and your body will adjust to it over time :wink: GOOD LUCK!