PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of Rhian Benson

nappylicious
11-06-2003, 01:57 AM
I was watching videos one day(I was home sick y'all) and bet was playing her video. She almost looks like Alicia Keys. Tyson is in her video also. Just wandering if anyone checked her cd yet. I forgot the name of the song.

ReddyLoques
11-06-2003, 03:06 AM
I have not heard any of her music, but i saw a huge billboard of her the other day hanging in the window of a cd store. It was eyecatching. Made a mental note to try to find her website, to see if any music is on there, but i totally forgot until now.

awooof
11-06-2003, 03:23 AM
I saw her in concert last year and liked some of her music. It's very mellow, like Sade's. I believe that a lot of the reviews of her album have made similar comparisons. I liked it somewhat, but after listening to so much neo soul of late, I found it to be too much of the same and kinda boring.

tangytic
11-06-2003, 03:32 AM
yeah I think she's that half irish half african chick. I think she was born in Ireland I have never heard her music though.

carrolina
11-07-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by tangytic@Nov 5 2003, 08:32 PM
yeah I think she's that half irish half african chick. I think she was born in Ireland I have never heard her music though.
<span style=\'color:blue\'>lol oh...cuz me and my mom were watchin her video last night, wondering if she was george benson&#39;s daughter or somethin lol...i was sayin mess like, "well maybe she has his cheekbones...maybe he married a white woman...or she&#39;s a love-child....??"...lol ill check up on that. :) </span>

candigirl
11-08-2003, 12:31 AM
I saw her video on BET the other day too, not sure what I think about her yet, does she have a website?

Epiphany_Castro
11-10-2003, 09:40 PM
Somebody just reccomended her to me today. I&#39;ll check it out..

YoGirlToo
11-11-2003, 03:17 AM
I&#39;ve heard of her - her current single is " Say how I feel". I think. I like the song - it&#39;s relaxing

Fauryn78
11-25-2003, 05:20 PM
ok now I know who ya&#39;ll are talkin&#39; about... they are playin&#39; that songe here now and I&#39;ve seen the video quite a few times....

I dunno...the song is aight. Real mellow.

I know one thing, Tyson is lookin finger lickin good in that video.... :thumbsup

chocolategurl17
11-28-2003, 01:36 AM
http://www.rhianbenson.com/main_hi.html
here is her site, when you go to it, her single "say how I feel" is playing. I like the vibe, her voice and style are unique, and does somewhat remind u of Sade.

ashrob123
12-01-2003, 12:30 PM
I got it a few months ago. Very nice!

ReddyLoques
12-03-2003, 04:41 AM
I really like her cd.. I just laid hands/ears on it tonight.. I like her style, and she&#39;s a talented sista, cuz she wrote all the songs on the cd.. I&#39;d like to see her perform live, at a dark lil jazz club with candles, wine, n all that.

Vizion
12-18-2003, 10:11 PM
Give her a second try. I don&#39;t think her music is "typical neo-soul" because all her songs are not about another person. (Remember India&#39;s Acoustic Soul?) "How I Feel" is not a good first single becuase it gives off the image that it&#39;s "another cullid girl" looking for love. She has a song about how mainstream media can affect the consciousness "Stealing My Peace of Mind" "the theives are at it again/stealing my piece of mind" another song about honoring children "Sing to a Child" and another song about honoring the spirits of ancestors "Spriit"

For the record she&#39;s African (Ghanian) and British.

floetry22
12-19-2003, 03:08 PM
Rhian&#39;s CD is really good. I bought the CD during Thanksgiving Break to listen to while on the plane and I have loved it ever since...My favorite song on the album is &#39;Shake it off&#39;... I think people are sleeping on this album because it&#39;s not your typical over-sexed R&B music.