PDA

View Full Version : Lost Locs

amysw0124
08-11-2005, 11:05 AM
Help!!
I had a baby a year ago and shortly afterwards lost a few locs along my hairline in the front and my hair started thinning. Well gotten my hair back to it's original strength, but it looks like maybe I have to start over in the front. I was wondering whether I could "transplant" locs from other areas in. I had a loctician put several locs together because the thinning and now as a result have forked locs in a several places.
How do I transplant or should I just leave it alone and start new locs instead? It's looks funny though because I have locs that are shoulder length and longer.
thanks
also all natural/botanic/organic conditioners please recommend.

MahogonyBliss
08-14-2005, 05:34 AM
Well, some may not agree with what I am about to tell you, but I personally have had to salvage a few of my own and other clients who have had more extreme cases. I usually connect the loc back to it's broken point using human afro hair. I thread a strand of hair through an embrodery needle, and presto, in minutes the loc is attached. I figure it's better to have my loc back in place than to worry about if others like my approach to preserving my locs. Why don't you look into a salon that salvages locs that have come apart? Their harder to find, but they are out there. I will try my best to PM you anything I may find.

Trula
08-14-2005, 06:59 PM
why not just start over? I have locks of various lengths and I don't think my hair looks funny. Some of my locks are shoulder length and some reach past the middle of my back. As your hair gets longer the length difference gets less and less noticeable. If you feel self-conscious about it you could try wearing a scarf or bandana around the short new locks and leave your long locks hanging free.